1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP - Access Denied!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ash77, 20 Feb 2002.

1. ash77

ash77 What's a Dremel?

With my initial installation I relocated "My Documents" folder to another partition (in hopes that if I had to reload/format C:\ I wouldnt lose anything. Well I recently overhaulded my system with upgrades and was forced to re-install. In doing so, I now get ACCESS DENIED!!! on "My Documents" folder. I cant delete it, rename it, copy, move, or FORMAT the partition. Well I went to use a boot disk, hehe and cant even see the NTFS file partitions...

Its bad enough I lost it all, but I am really pissed I cant get rid of it. Anyone have a suggestion other than re-partitioning my hard drive to remove this file???

2. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

You can use NTFSdos pro 3 which allows you to use NTFS partitions from a standard/win98 bootdisk.

3. blacknight

blacknight What's a Dremel?

dude i got u answer

ok when u formated u deleted the sam file that decttates the usage of all files and this leves a tage in every file on the dh when u reformat it dosent matter if u do it exactly the same or not the sam number changes but u can get the files back. right click and go to properties and select take ownership of...but u have to be loged in as the system admin
    then the files are implomented with your sam munber and u can have them back :D :rofl:

Tags: