1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP cooler...question...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lowtech, 21 Nov 2001.

1. lowtech

lowtech What's a Dremel?

please recommend a HSF for this processor...i want quite but effective cooler...

thanks...

2. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Well looking at your current setup, I dont think money is a problem for you :D I would recommend either a Vapochill (basically a freon cooler for the cpu, works like a fridge element and gives load temps of -8 ish) for the ultimate in cooling (£600) but more realistically the Alpha PAL0485 thing with a papst or panaflo 80mm fan (about £40 for heatsink + 19 for fan)

:)

3. lowtech

lowtech What's a Dremel?

where can i get these HSF?

ive looked in oveclockingstore and tekheads i cant find it.

4. Chrisy

Chrisy What's a Dremel?

Chillblast.com is your best bet. Thats where I got mine from.

Chrisy

5. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

id reccomend the zalman flower heatsink if youre going with air cooling. it has the highest surface area of any heatsink out there, and plus it just looks spiffy!

6. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

Id reccomend an Alpha PAL0485 or a Swiftech MC462-BA both very nice expensive coolers, but if ur looking for something cheep and cheerful that'll do the job id get a Taisol 760

7. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Whilst I'd recommend the PAL8045 as well, unfortunately it won't fit on the Tyan Tiger. It is an HOOJ heatsink.

With what will fit, for not too much money, I'd go for something like the new Globalwin SAK38, and then change the fan for something bearable (I gave up with the FOP38 in the end).