1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Yahoo Answers

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 23 Oct 2009.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

ok I was bored so I started reading Yahoo answers and I think I may have found the most stupid question every so I thought why not start a thread where people can post the stupid questions they come across on the net.

So here goes question and then the link so that you can read the answers

Q. Can I make my computer monitor a mirror?

Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to make my computer background or screen saver into a mirror?

Scanning a mirror doesn't work.

Link

Your go.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

4. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I had a little stint of helping people on Yahoo answers, but got frustrated after a while after they would keep picking incorrect answers as the 'best answer', I mean some of these questions I went into great detail in answering and being as detailed as possible and they'd just go and give credit to some other numpty who had given them incorrect info. Shite site with shite users :sigh:

6. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Every now and then I'll answer a few questions.

Some of the questions I have seen are beyond idiotic. I'll try to remember to copy-paste a few of the worst ones here.

Edit: Also bear in mind that quite a askers are just trolling.

7. Stuey

"If you order food at a fast food restaurant do you legally have to pay for it?"

*rolls eyes*

8. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I remember giving someone an answer to the question "What's the force that keeps objects on Earth?" - I gave a long answer about why the answer is "weight due to gravity" as opposed to "gravity" (including simple explanations involving SI units of Newtons versus Newtons/kg, and a more complex setup involving the difference between fundamental interactions and forces, lifted straight from my Physics A-Level notes that I had in front of me), and I got flamed to hell! I couldn't believe the abuse I got - some from a "Top Contributor", no less.

Still, the first question on Yahoo Answer Fail atm is "God made my wife pregnant, it's a miracle, has this happened to anyone else?" - and as far as I'm aware, Joseph of Arimethea doesn't have a Yahoo Answers account!

9. Stuey

Yep - there are a lot of physics related questions where people refuse to believe the truth. Looking at my history of answers, here are a few of the odder questions.

10. Stuey

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

12. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

That bitch doesn't deserve to have children.

13. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

QFT

shame the question has been deleted, I would have said replied with something to that effect

Last edited: 9 Nov 2009
  14. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i hate when yahoo answers comes up in a search. all the crap answers you see at the bottom of the page. any why would anyone believe the source, its the internet theres no way of verifying anything.

do some research, use google. dont take advise from complete strangers that are just looking to boost their points.

I understand if your looking for advice maybe on a specific topic, but there are places better suited to that.

it is a nice idea but it doesnt work very well. collective ignorance is all it is. i started keeping tropical fish awhile ago and did alot of research online and books before i started picking fish and the amount of dribble that was on yahoo answers was terrible

15. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

16. Aya Park

Aya Park What's a Dremel?

These kinds of silly questions why I hate Yahoo Answers.
    Although it does help people most of the time, there are ones that irritates them.
    I hope Yahoo can do a good job to prevent these.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2009
  17. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

No, because then we wouldn't have this thread, whose sole purpose is to laugh at the stupidity of some of the questions on Yahoo Answers :sigh:

18. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Oh why......why oh why....