1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your first gaming console/rig

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nikols, 20 Dec 2010.

1. dactone

dactone dact-one

i had a commadore 64 when i was little . i remember wasting my childhood loading street fighter everyday on those stupid tapes (used to take a hour) only for it to fail and me to try again only for it to fail again. i had a nes after that was awsome..

2. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

First ever system I had was a family computer. It ran windows 3.11 and I remember marvelling at MS Paint and how you could erase COLOUR, this was an extremely exciting feature......you couldnt do this sort of thing on paper you know :p Think I then spent a day using MS Paint :)

I also remember renting a games console/games from our local video store called Video Magic when I was but a few years old. Can't remember the console in question but I remember playing Paperboy on the TV on what I think were video cassette sized cartridges?

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Kept me busy for the first 4 or 5 years of my life, before my folks bought a 286 and I learned how to use DOS! :geek:

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Playstation was the first I officially owned.........tho before the flogging begins I had a mega drive stolen off my cousin :hehe: It was great as my friends all had NES or SNES so we just traded consoles to play what we wanted. Same happened with the Playstation since a few friends had Saturns and then the N64. I also remember my dad getting a PC around that time, and I played theme park and formula one on it.

guess the list inculuding ones that arn't officially mine

Sega (Cousins)
    Some PC (Dad's)
    Original Gameboy
    Playstation
    Game Boy Colour
    PSOne (crappy playstation laser died)
    Playstation 2
    PS2 Slim (Original PS2 died >.>)
    Current gaming PC
    Wii
    Playstation 3

Looking at that list I feel like a Sony Whore!! While good memories of MGS and Final fantasy they die way too easily.

5. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Quality :rock:

6. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

A BBC micro in 1980... swiftly followed by a ZX-81, Commodore 64 and an Amiga 500, which I still have and still works.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I hate to say it but the original Xbox was my first console unless you include handhelds in which case I had a Gameboy Color before then.

I have an excuse as half of these consoles are older than me, the first thing I used to play games on was the PC anyway so take that Gunsmith you console-fanboy! :D

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Remember unwrapping one of these at Christmas in the early 80's

[​IMG]

As for a computer, I tried to learn Basic on a Sharp MZ80K, Duel was the game we played most, had to copy the entire code out of a magazine!

[​IMG]

After that a Commodore Vic20 and various versions of Toshiba MSX's including a midi keyboard that plugged into the cartridge slot.

9. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Ah bugger... My first post is now a lie, this was my first atari. I thought the 2600 was it as it was wooden panelled but this looks more like it because of the angled cartridge slot. What model is it? I just remember the old man bought it off a guy in work and brought it back to us... 10 years later he was tearing us off one another because we'd be killing each other when one of us would have beaten the others fastest time on the ghost track on Mario kart! We were down to milliseconds, it'd take us weeks to get a fastest lap quicker than the previous and we didn't take it well when it was beaten!

Last edited: 23 Dec 2010
  10. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

My first console was the N64, and my first gaming rig was/ is the computer I'm on now.
    Yay. :D

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I think that was the first game I ever played, my brother had that. He might even still have it. Think I was like 3 or 4 when I first tried it. The rest as they say, is history.

--

My first computer was an 2nd hand Amstrad CPC 464 that took cassette tapes. Games on cassette LOL.

Didn't have a console growing up as my family didn't have much money. Used to play on my brothers stuff and friends stuff. So the first hand held I owned was a Gameboy. A couple years later I was bought an Amiga 1200 which I still have to this day. And I didn't own an actual console until I could afford to buy my own. And by then the N64 had just released so I got that. :D

Last edited: 2 Jan 2011
  12. j.col

j.col Minimodder

the atari 2600 also, but i disagree with the best game, it was moonpatrol ;)

13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Yeah, I think it was the 2600.

14. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Atari Vcs - missile command and tennis being my fave games !

15. Kenny79

Kenny79 I own a Dremel!

[​IMG]
    Acorn Electron anyone, such fond memories.

16. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 24 Dec 2010
  17. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

well a zx spectrum + 3 was first but then

[​IMG]

leisure suit larry was a blast on this

18. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

The first one i had was a Binatone TV Master system mk VI.

[​IMG]

Basically it was Pong, but it was even more impressive as it had a gun that you could use! The only thing was, if you had the brightness turned up high on the tv, you would register a hit no matter where you aimed the gun - lol.

It was superseeded by:
    Atari 2600 / Sinclair ZX80 / Sinclair ZX81 / Sinclair Spectrum 16k (which I modded to 48k!) / BBC Micro / multitude of Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft gaming machines (pretty much every one of them to this day).

I also had a few of the single screen Nintendo "Game & Watch" systems. One involved parachutes, one involved coyboys and indians with tomahawks being thrown and one had something to do with Snoopy. Can't remember the others, but I know I had more than three. Can't really remember when I had these, but would have been around 1980.

19. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

I started off with Sega Master System, not as young as some of the dinosaurs on here who started off with atari.

My favorite games were Alex kid and shinobi, and truth be told they weren't too bad.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2011
  20. klaxxon

klaxxon What's a lemerd?

NES was my first gaming system. Had it for years and years. Oh how I miss the days of sitting in the living room floor, playing Battle Toads until dad came home and I had to turn it off. *sigh*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]