1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z68 gigabyte + i7 2600k overclock

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by finch-beast, 4 Aug 2011.

1. xxalbertoxx

xxalbertoxx What's a Dremel?

Wow, definitely the most idiotic advice to give someone you fool

When you increase the multiplier ratio and leave the voltage on "auto" the motherboard will usually over-compensate and increase the vcore accordingly - true, but it will raise it much higher than usually needed, allowing you to possibly exceed the safety limits described the manufacturer of the CPU (like Intel in this case).

That's why when you overclocked you hit 1.4+ volts by following this idiots advice. That's way to high and google around "i7 overclocking" guides or just ask around and you can see no one is running their i7 on that voltage, unless they are on water cooling. Most can run up to 4.4-4.5ghz on the 1.240-1.280 "fixed" Vcore.

Hopefully you didn't damage your CPU by following this fools advice. Next time raise the multiplier and keep voltage on manually stock and see when you can no longer boot into Windows or blue screen.

Then attempt to raise voltage in small increments, never exceeding specified values set out by Intel, or temperatures. Temperatures and voltage limits will be your brick wall. Like I said , if you research properly, you would see 4.4ghz is hit on average with 1.240-1.280 vcore and 4.5ghz +++ may require 1.3 -1.37 vcore.

And I only registered to this site and posted this commented because I was upset by what that the "advice" he prescribed you, only to scroll down and see your Vcore was already hitting 1.4+ with your "overclock".

Sigh:eyebrow: