1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling BIG ISSUE: When is water cooling going to be Mainstream?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chap, 17 Sep 2011.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Maybe we're just watching this thread unfold gradually as a social experiment? We're not your personal servants you know. :p

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I am enjoying how some people aren't reading the previous comments and just adding to a troll thread.....

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I've so far managed to stay off of this thread and the others started by chap. But he is real and he has contacted me about water cooling on the phone (several times) via my web site and getting a PC water cooled. I've explained the ins and outs of it and the best cases to go for that won't need modding but it seems he's just not listening
    I think after reading all of the different threads that he's not quite grasping the whole concept of it, as for lobbying parliment to make water cooling main stream I think thats maybe a step to far,, but he's more than welcome to have a go I suppose, it's his time and if he wants to waste it, who am I to tell him not to bother.

He's obviously trying to do it on the cheap judging by the cases he's choosen and the components he wants water cooled, but what he wants to do and the amount he is willing to spend, it's clearly not going to work. I gave him a very fare price for what he wants done and he's told me that he can get it done for 1/2 the price, so it'll be interesting to see the end result.

As for you guys Trolling him, I cant say that I really blame you, he is just going round in circles trying to come at it from a different angle each time, so I can see why it's so frustrating.....You really should try it on the phone with him some time:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

thetrashcanman likes this.
  4. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I think you have to be patient with people.

Im sure hes a nice chap. :D.

I think some people start threads about things that seem like a troll, as they want to start a thread, but arent really sure what to talk about.

I can talk about fook all all day sometimes, but usually to mates and not on forums.. He He.

Watercooling on the cheap?, hmmmm with wc parts getting so expensive now, even the basic loop isnt what i would call cheap anymore.

Is it wrong for me to enjoy laughing at this thread though?

Jeff, id would also be a little annoyed, if some one asks your advice, then tells you they can do it cheaper.

5. chap

chap What's a Dremel?

This is the 2nd time you have as a business t/a Bulldog Computers http://bulldogcomputers.org gone against the Data Protection Act http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act_1998 and other laws.

I sense vexatious elements from you so I request you to interact on this forum in a streetwise style without going against the Data Protection Act.

Blazza181 and jeckulz like this.
  6. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

Even PC 'engineers' (it's not even engineering, it's a craft at the most), wouldn't know any surface level component from another, capacitor, diode anything, schematic, wiring diagram or oil painting.

7. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Thats just the best thing I've ever read. Thank you.

IronDoc likes this.
  8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

So which laws have I broken. I have not revealed your name address phone number or any other information, other than mentioning the fact that you had contacted me via my web site and the phone. This does not contravene any laws at all. I strongly suggest that you reread the data protection act again before making any allegations.

Edit: Seems as you are so keen to quote the law. I as owner of Bulldog computers have the right to refuse custom to any one I want, this means YOU. Do not contact me again through email or via the phone as you will be blocked and your calls rejected!!

Last edited: 19 Sep 2011
  10. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

11. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

12. longweight

Don't give this guy rep!

bulldogjeff likes this.
  13. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Wait... WHAT?

Are you repping him for flagrant misunderstanding of the Data Protection Act?

14. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol hover over chaps rep bar

15. longweight

HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

16. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I'm 50/50 on this chap being a troll. I have actually met a few customers who are THIS uninformed, misguided and adament about 'having a right' to X and all that.

Chap: In the case that you are NOT a troll (which is how the discussion will continue anyway), please take a careful look at what us 'streetwise' kids consider to BE a troll:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
    You are so unreasonable and out of touch with your opinions and statements, that we, the people that know about watercooling, are in fact not believing that such an opinion could exist. Consider that fact, and re-examine the reason in your claims please.

bulldogjeff likes this.
  17. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Guys guys, can all please ensure we adhere to the rules in my sig?

bulldogjeff likes this.
  18. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

what is this i don’t even

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

RUN AWAY!!!!!

Zinfandel likes this.
  20. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

What is a streetwise style for interacting on a forum?