1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Bit-Tech Members You'd Like To Eat Dinner With!

Discussion in 'General' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 20 May 2012.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Fixed that for you =)

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

There's probably a few..

Although having a huge Bit-Tech pub meet up would no doubt get highly interesting after a few pints...

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Even more so for those of us who refuse to drink.

I dare say I'd have to confiscate all the Permanent Markers.

5. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

a bit-tech piss up would be f*cking hilarious (excuse the french)

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I was thinking more about the usual flame wars that erupt :p Imagine that in real life.. Could make a TV show out of it.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It'll all end up with me in front of a bus..

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If by dinner you mean 'drag kicking and/or screaming to the nearest decent eatery/pub' then - in no specific order:

The Staff/Moderators - Bindi, CardJoe, Paul [dunno if he's on the forums/what his forum name is], Gareth, Nexxo, Krikkit - though probably not all at the same time... otherwise I'd feel like the odd one out at a reunion

The Energizer Bunny - KayinBlack [I swear that guy is gonna live forever] - even if it means bringing the pub/eatery to him.

GreatOldOne - mainly so I can see the car in person :D

KidMod - mainly to wind up his family.

TheGreatSatan and/or Teelzebub - because... why not...

there are a few others... there's also a few I'd like to punch, but that's a whole different topic...

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Im think it would end with people being arrested the distance flame wars go on here...

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

Is there a sign up sheet for this or can we just do it now? Seriously, I just need to get my coat and keys.

Teelzebub and Carrie like this.
  11. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Would people flame in person though? Sure after a fair amount of alcohol anything goes but for a friendly few pints, I should think everyone would be quite civil

12. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Some people would have to end up buying plane tickets for the other side of the pond people...

Who's paying?

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Nexxo, eddie_dane, and spec for a good conversation (decaf for me though, my heart's been acting up.)

Greensabbath, cheaps, Attila, Mach and Boddaker to discuss ideas on modding and such...

Mayhem, Nexxo, captain_slug (I still remember him) and Ang3l with a small workshop could turn out some WC items that would put the rest of the industry out of a job.

Love to sit and talk game design with CardJoe.

Mankz and I could compare scars (they totaled out the BMW that got me-is that bus still looking for more victims, or did you get it too?)

Bindi, Raja@Asus and I could probably have some great talks about architectures and component choice on video cards/motherboards.

And there's a long list of people it would just be fun to hang out with, but we'd run out of room. That's the thing with lists like this-someone always gets slighted, and it's never intentional.

Energizer bunny huh? Don't feel like it any more. But I understand what ya meant, and I hope I stick around like it too. But John's got that award, not me. And I'm in no rush to assume the title. Mesothelioma's nastier than what I have, which is saying a lot. And I hope that he lives exactly as long as he wants. That's all any of us can ask for.

RedFlames likes this.
  14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I was quite miffed when they re-did my fundoplication the other week they used the old scars instead of adding to my collection..

My bus? They had to replace and awful lot of the front bumper and glass.

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This is really just a "which members would you like to meet IRL and spend an evening with" thread, isn't it? I feel like this has been done before :confused:

Anyway, in no particular order and probably leaving out quite a number of other wonderful people who are members here and I would also like to meet:

I do believe Mankz, knuck, Nexxo, Bindi, Gunsmith, Longweight, Krikkit, Elton, boiled_elephant, SuicideNeil, PureSilver, Carrie, Kayin, John, Canon, VipersGratitude, mars, Scirocco, Craig W, Coolamasta, Zoon, liratheal, Shirty, DeadPixels, GOO, Jipa, Tribble, Pook and myself could have a decent evening's banter! We'd need to commandeer a whole (large) restaurant for the night though! :D

It would also be super rude and uncool for me not to invite my good buddy October to this magical dinner, but I didn't put him on that list since we're already friends :thumb: :D

If I didn't mention your name, don't automatically think I don't like you. These were literally off the top of my head in the minute it took me to type this post :)

Elton likes this.
  16. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Anybody who is an active BT member.

And isn't trying to borderline the rules deliberately <_< >_>

17. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

That's not dinner, that's a social reception :lol: And I'm NOT doing the cooking. My days of catering for 50-75 people are over (no not as a job)

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Nexxo, supermonkey, Kayin, Eddie.

Done.

Oh, also, by eat dinner I mean drink dinner. By dinner I mean beer.

eddie_dane likes this.
  19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not gonna lie spec. I can roll with that. Oh and a day with all the BF3 folks. That would be funny.

Minimal_Fuss should be hilarious.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Multiple people, just so long as it's done with specs idea of dinner :thumb: