1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 21 Sep 2012.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

OK I just bought a BL2 Steam key so I'm officially in the club :D Will download and install it today.

I'm only going to be able to play a very little every day, but at least I have the chance. Long gone are the days when I could complete a game well within a week, like I did with Borderlands (several times too). :D

2. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

*Long gone are the days when I could COMPLETE a game*
    So, so many I have played and have yet to finish...

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Same - the only games I've really completed are Borderlands and HL2. I still haven't played Crysis through yet LOL :D

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I don't think I have completed a game this year. I have bought quite a few and dropped in and out of them since buying my system.

Last game I completed or at least got to the end was Skyrim. And that kind of disappointed me to be honest.

Borderlands 2 is the game I plan on finishing.

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Got this on Xbox, and am popping to a mate's who has 2 50" tv's on the weekend.

Fired it up last night for a couple of hours, and I just can't stop using revolvers. I like the Western style fast cocking of the hammer.

For anyone who's played the characters to a later level, is there any character that is more suited to revolvers/pistols? I play with the Commando at the moment as I love turret play, but I think my love for revolvers is going to outrank it!

6. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

got to love those jacob revolvers huh?

Im playing the Assassin class and found that some of the early abilities in the cunning and sniping trees quite useful.

you can check out the skill tree here

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I play as Maya and i find the phaselocking ability pretty useful. In short, the "enemy, you just hang in there in air, while i reload my guns" ability :D.

8. mrMonkeyChunks

I'm playing with my friend who's playing as maya. her ability works very well when combined with others, particularly the assassins deception skill. the stacking increased damage from the phase lock, my increased melee damage in deception and the bonus for attacking the target from behind make a deadly combination.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Haven't had nearly enough time to play as I'd wanted, but from what I have played, I'm loving it! I'm a big BL fan and I'm very happy with BL2. They've improved of everything: graphics, music, weapon variety, enemy types, enemy behavior, writing, level design, everything.

If you're a GiantBomb fan and you read Jeff's review "More Borderlands, no more, no less" with a 4 star review but almost negative tone, all I can say (as a huge GB fan and a person that usually shares Jeff's opinions) I couldn't disagree more. They've refined every single system in the game. The mission structure has so much more variety and the game itself has a lot more cinematic flair. An example would be the early sanctuary mission where you have to rescue a character from bandits.

Enemies that return from the first game look and behave so differently now that they are only superficially similar. The addition of different enemy types, such as the big crazy guys that go nuts and attack their own allies when you shoot their masks off to name one, introduces an almost Halo-like combat puzzle to every encounter.

The -only- thing I don't like so far is Scooter's new voice actor. In BL1 he sounded like a loveable-but-kinda-crazy southerner who loves trucks. In this game he sounds like a rootin' tootin' 'gator wrestling, deep south, roadkill eatin' hillbilly. You Brits might not know the difference but trust me, it's a big difference! :thumb:

Bottom line, If you liked BL, you'll LOVE BL2. If you're worried about it being "more of the same" well... don't be. It's got a lot of similarities to the first tonally and there are still bounty boards and sidequests, but it has all been so dramatically improved that it feels like a completely new experience.

At least to me it does. (I have close to 200 hours of BL1 under my belt)

10. faugusztin

%*&$%&^#$&%#$* Badass Fire Tresher. Jeez, the whole Sanctuary Hole is the Hell on Pandora. I died more times there than the whole game so far, combined. And i didn't finish it yet :(

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

+1 I've played it for an hour so far and LOVE it, especially the rapid fire of the revolvers. Great game. :)

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

My game of the year goes to Borderlands 2. Its funny its well written, well made and the I whilst I can see that it has its limits as of right now.

20 hours of gameplay. Death, destruction its been lots of fun.

I think I have put more time into it than Guild Wars 2. Which I seriously need to give some time too. Seeing as it cost so much.

But first BL2

13. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Gah! I'm in the reverse position to where you were before Dom.. This time it's me wanting to play BL2 but not having the money or the time and you convincing me that I need to! :duh:

14. faugusztin

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Trust me Digi it is worth the money any day of the week. I just can't get into Guild Wars 2. The human story is kinda lame. Its just not as engaging to me and Guild Wars.

16. mrMonkeyChunks

For those of you oout there on twitter I recommend following Randy Pitchford (CEO of gearbox) @DuvalMagic as he tweets codes for extra golden keys every now and again, such as the ones he did last night that were valid for 10,000 redemptions on each platform

17. rollo

rollo Modder

ive had 3 golden keys and my loot from them has been pretty average

100 dps pistol fire
    100 dps shotgun
    150 dps sniper

been the best of the 6 epics.

Did arena last night ( first play through ) found a 700 dps Sniper rifle 5k crits Cheesecake makes life fun vs some anoying mobs ( constructors mainly).

18. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Used two keys (that I got from twitter giveaway) and had some 1200-1500 shields at level 18&20 with one and some class mods with the other for Commando & Gunzerker. My 2 other keys will be used at start (or as soon as I get to sanctuary) on Playthrough 2 and once I hit level 50.

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Was hoping to grab one of those keys but Steam is down at the moment :(

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, c'mon Steam you piece of...

EDIT: Steam is back up, now BL2 won't connect to Gearbox!

Last edited: 25 Sep 2012