1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 21 Sep 2012.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I played this split screen with my girlfriend. Bad idea. She's one of those 100% completionists. Insists on opening every ****ing crate, every little box, picking up every drop of ammo, comparing every single gun....

And I'm like 'hun, all that **** will regenerate in 2 minutes....'. *pops off to get a cuppa*

In an hours worth of gamplay we'd got to level 4. No joke.

That said, I love it and the schoolboy humour. Bonerfarts had me giggling for ages.

I play Zero in Co-op but solo with Salvador.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

This game finds the way to piss me up all the time with even more insane enemies. Right now i am angry at at Loot enemies :D. Loot Wee WAR Loader and Loot mini engineers or whatever their name is. sotu, you will have lot of fun then if your girlfriend does open every crate :D

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Took me an hour to completed three missions with all the dying, buying ammo and killing the loaders etc

4. faugusztin

Loaders are easy at that stage, i just take out my corrosive weapon and they go down like flies.

PS: I loved the Zaford guy in the Dust, which had just one line to say "Heyo!" :D

5. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

The loaders are very easy with a corrosive SMG or rifle (moxxi's bad touch for example) they have a bunch of crit spots as well, its great fun taking off their gun arm then shooting out the legs.

I believe that is Steve from the borderlands 1 trailers, its an easter egg

6. faugusztin

Yeah, it's him.

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Aye, with the loaders, just hit them in the shoulder joints and their eye socket.

Busy doing the Hyperion Arena before I go kill Jack, and goddam is it a sunofabitch.
    Badass Constructor spawns, along with 5/6 repair/shield drones, and the thing just starts pumping out minions.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

As I pointed out to Deadbolt there is a guy in Sanctuary who gives you a random weapon. Can't remember his name right bow but its a tribute to a Borderlands fan who sadly passed away awhile ago.

He was only in his twentys at the time.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I found him in the Xbox version, but so far haven't seen him on the PC version!

10. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Michael Mamaril is the guy and (to me) he reminds me of someone from Ghostbusters and also has given me some of my best guns.

11. mrMonkeyChunks

I cant seem to find him
    after sanctuary takes off and gets phase shifted by lilith

12. TrevDX

He's still there but i also think he's there less often. Places I've spotted him are Moxxi's, Scooter's, Zed's, outside of Marcus' by the health vending machine & just by the side of where Claptrap hangs out / where his stash is.

13. faugusztin

14. TrevDX

Has anyone got the Bane gun yet? Or completed the Hyperion Contracts quest from Overlook? I like both of this rewards. Though maybe not to use regularly.

15. mrMonkeyChunks

PC SHiFT code for 5 golden keys, 1k uses CBWTB-W3W5X-FBB3J-TJB3T-KBCST

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah - I tried to apply that immediately it was tweeted and it was already gone!

17. TrevDX

Apparently Gearbox will be giving some out on twitter & Facebook also today

18. faugusztin

Bane is the best gun of the game so far :D. Negative effects are crazy, but man, it goes through enemies like knife through butter. And yes, i count the "gun sound" among negative effects as well.

19. TrevDX

I found the sniper rifle from Overlook contract was very good for me at my level of 25 or so (900 damage, 1.5-2 fire rate, good inciendary bonuses & +150% critical hit).

The Bane not so much as I already had a slagged SMG that did 180 damage, 10-12 fire rate, good size clip and Bane just wasn't up to scratch but it still made me giggle :)

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm loving Zero so far. Level 21 so far and I'm putting all of my points into the Bloodshed tree and I can already dominate with my melee.

My current strategy is to use my slag pistol as I'm running up on a guy, then once I get there I get in the melee kill thanks to my skill that does +500% damage to enemies that are low on HP and I also have +15% melee from another skill and +100% from the slag pistol because it has a blade on it :rock: 4000+ damage melees woo! I get another +40% melee damage if I hit em in the back and my class mod gives me +2 to the Ambush skill, which is even more backstab damage.

His action skill is awesome too. Can't wait to get the final skill and turn into a tele-fragging melee monster.

Once I get tired of that I'll go the sniper route and try to maximize that stacking super damage buff.