1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 5 Jun 2012.

1. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Crysis 2 bashing is soooo boring. It's like a club you all join to feel you belong.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So was i the only one who noticed how much they dumb'd down this trailer? He had infinite Energy/Health, so he was just the walking tank.

I appreciate they only have a certain amount of time to show off their stuff, but at least make it represent what 'we' the one's buying it are going to get, Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 managed it...

Sam

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh shut up feathers. no one cares what you think.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

oh shut up Gunsmith. no one cares what you think.

You see what I did there? I turned it right back at you... clever eh?

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Res evil 6 the latest one isn't it? The crap one? I bought res evil 5 last week. Very nice looking game.

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Sometimes I go to post something like a new game, I look down the list of posts to see if it's already been posted... nothing... so I post, then someone tells me it's already been posted. Thing is it drops off the first page so you think it's not been talked about.

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You could always :search:

9. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

The problem with Crysis 3 (and to a greater extent, Crysis 2 as well) is Crysis itself.

If either were unattached to the former, then I think they'd have a fair amount of backing themselves as C2 was an alright game in comparison to others (when viewed independently), but as they're constantly compared to what quite a few people feel is one of the best PC games of all time, it's a bit overshadowed by expectation alone.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like - if they've done everything justice and written in a really good story line then I'd be more inclined to buy it, however if they've made a hash of it (which could well have happened) then this might end up a mere shadow of what it could have been, which is a disappointment really.

+1 to this; seems as though one of the project managers has been watching too many Rambo movies, and logically, if you can fire off a bow and arrow, why not lob a grenade, set off some C4 or use a heavily suppressed weapon (no flash = no sign, surely)?

10. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Heh well I didn't even like the first one all that much! But at least it had wide open spaces and cool suit controls and a setting that was a nice change from all the usual urban warfare stuff.

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Agree. I liked the first one but wasn't in love with it. I liked the big open spaces, the crawling through forest and jungle, the tank map. Taking C2 to the city was really dumb.

12. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I enjoyed C1 right up to the alien bit, then it just regressed back into a point and shoot FPS.

Luckily no apples though.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I sat through a 30 minute presentation of the dam level last night with friends from crydev, C3 is deffo a marked improvement over C2in terms of environment but we're all concerned about the the suit.

14. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

How bad? Same suit? Slight changes, or have they finally tweaked it a bit more to make it more like the Original?

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

well its still the same suit but having spoken to several people at crytek it appears that a lot of the suit changes werent implemented in time for the e3 demo,

the downside is its still the on/off armour + cloak setup that was in C2.

16. .//TuNdRa

Dammit. While that setup was faster to learn; the C1 suit was far more fluid and you could do a hell of a lot more with it.

Can we at least do away with the horrible effect at the edges of the screen in armour mode? That annoys me no end.

17. .//TuNdRa

D'you think we could do away with the parts of the game where it slaps the controls out of your hands just to teach you the new features? I know this game was made for consoles, but for us PC players; Enough of us should've at least HEARD of Crysis to know what to do, let alone played the damn thing. Leave the hand-holding for the consoles, give us the brutal difficulty levels.

That and the addition of more varied routes through the map please. Being confined to a tiny alleyway at ground level because the level devs couldn't or wouldn't add in alternate routes was so goddamn annoying.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Feathers, if you're going to slag off members posts, at least back it up with a reason to do so. Step out of line again and you shall be taking a nice sunny vacation to cool off. Consider this your last warning.

Gunsmith, don't rise to it.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Crysis always brings out the worst in people. It's a fact that this keeps Cevat awake at night, tossing and turning on his bed made of money.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  20. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Do you remember the never-ending battles that ensued when the first Crysis was released?

Regarding C2 I actually have come around to agreeing pretty much with what the C1 dudes are saying.

I like some of the graphics in C2 but overall the game is lacking and a step backwards compared to the first.

Some people get into these games much deeper than me... I tend to be more of a casual player so I don't notice some of the finer details.