1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Am I the only one looking at that trailer thinking "I'm sure Fallout 3 looked better than that with a few paltry mods.."?

Edit: Okay, maybe not 'better' but certainly at least as good as. I can't decide if it's the splashes of colour fooling me or if it's just nothing special looks wise right now.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

It certainly looks nice and smooth, both in animation and textures, but yes, 3 and certainly NV can be made to look just as good if not better with mods. The downside to that though is the size of those mod packs due to the HD textures needed.

I think my Skyrim install ended up about 5 or 6 times the initial install size just through making it pretty.

3. liratheal

Yeah. It's a few select scenes and objects I think that are making me suspicious.

The Dog looks about as hairy as a greased Michael Phelps, and is strangely block-y.. Then every now and then there's a texture that just looks ****, like it's not loaded properly or something.

I guess they didn't want the hilarity of GTA V size, but Witcher 3 was 24gb and impresses me quite a bit with what they achieved.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Excellent! It wasn't long ago I managed to complete New Vegas. It'll be nice to get back into the Fallout universe.

5. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Maybe after the apocalypse the Fallout:NV engine was the only one that survived..?

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks OK to me & remember what they shown will likely be ps4 or xb1 to avoid disappointing fans. :D

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whilst the writing is the important factor for me, I hope for some eye-candy and/or an engine that isn't crash-happy [so not Gamebryo]...

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

fallout isn't about the gfx - its about the story always has been.....

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's up for pre-order on Steam...

£50 seems a bit steep [especially as probably there'll probably be several bits/~£40+ of DLC like with 3/New Vegas, or every other game under the sun]... IIRC I paid less than that for my collector's ed of New Vegas [and then spent about the same again on the DLC]...

That said, given how many hours of my life New Vegas claimed, it could probably be worse...

10. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

This would be a game I could be tempted to buy at release, but I just cant justify spending £50, to then spend another £50 for DLC. I just don't have that sort of disposable income to spend on a single game, no matter how many hours of entertainment I would get out of it...

EDIT: Why am I unhappy to pay this? But I seem to be ok with pledging far more to Star Citizen? Weird.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Fallout has always had a style I really like but the gameplay has always been a bit of a mixed bag for me. Can't quite put my finger on exactly what bothers me about it. They feel clunky somehow.
    I enjoyed fallout 3, even if it took me a good while to really get into it and appreciate it fully. Bit of a slow burn maybe.

Assuming that trailer is in-game, they have captured the spirit of fallout nicely, I just hope it does not turn into a graphics over substance title!

12. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

If i am to go by that video, it looks like the story has similarities with the original fallout, which i loved.

Ive played all of them from the isometric days, and of course the newer ones since f3.

As long as they maintain the depth, story and scale i dont care il be happy with it!!

13. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've played all the fallout series including all the DLC's many times and I'll definitely be buying Fallout 4 it's a shame you have to spend as much again on the DLC's but I'd rather that than not have them , I still consider it cheap for the amount of entertainment I get from them

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Too bad it'll likely use the Skyrim 'Creation Engine', with a few tweaks maybe. As far as I know, beth said that they plan to use the engine for two games. Skyrim is one, I'm thinking FO4 is likely the other. Shame, since it'll look pretty underwhelming compared to games like the Witcher 3. I'm hoping they'll at least modify the engine for DX11/12 and maybe some new effects that come with it.

Although, if this does prove to be the case, mods will beef it up. Beth's games never seem to be the prettiest, but very moddable. There will be 2K/4K textures in a week, tops.

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

They should go back to top down view. They were ace. I took a week off work for the first.

16. liratheal

I'd quite like an isometric top down game with the depth and expanse of a current AAA title.

Although I bet the market for that in the current crop of "OMGGRAPPHICS" for AAA games is probably too small :(

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would never spend a hundred quid on a game and DLC though I used to be an early adopter. Now I wait for the smaller game etailers to come up with a price less than half what Steam would have me pay.
    But I too enjoyed Fallout 4 and NV though it was quite buggy if memory serves.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

19. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'd only like 2 of those. Personally I'd rather the game be more bug free and less crashtastic.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am with you on that. Currently playing Wtcher 3 and I am so impressed on how bug free it. Such a refreshing change to be able to pkay a game on installation. Rather than having to search Google for bug fixes. So lets hope Fallout 4 goes someway towards that.