Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

If you are struggling with the daily achievements for the events.....that is the grindiest part of it for me to.

GO to the char starting zone, near AC dungeon. THere are like 4 events that occur right next to each other and they are really quick to finish.

Atm im loggin in getting my daily and a couple of story missions which equals a couple of levels finish it off with some crafting every 3rd or 4th night then im off for some dota2.

Awesome game but i find pvp dosnt satisfy my craving for competition like dota does and WvW im not going to do untill im 80....yes it scales but i actually want some decent gear b4 WvW.

Did the 3 lions arch jumping puzzles last night assisted by 2 guild members and my god. I call ******** on anyone finding them themselves......specially that one in the the centre circle blindly jumping into foliage. And the waterfall one when it goes dark...... seriously annoying.

2. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

found the pirate one myself, as it's right next to a vista.

The one in the middle is a ****ing nightmare as a norn, it's basically guesswork the entire time, as the camera can't zoom in enough, so you can't actually see.

3. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

the framerate drop in WvW is due to the heavy amount of particles/effects flying around at one time which puts a heavy demand on the GPU. you get the same effect during world events in PVE. GW2 isnt very CPU intensive on the whole.

if it means waiting, i would just get the 6850. my system (in sig) runs pegged at 60fps (vsync ON) at pretty much all times, only bogging down to 30-40 if my screen is filled with AOE effects and splashes.

on a related note: anyone else get really bad micro-stuttering with vertical sync turned off? even in town or where there is nothing much going on, when i have vsync off my framerates top out around 90 but it feels closer to 15...its that bad. but with vsync on everything is silky smooth..

4. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Good tip, I will try this tonight before logging off to try and get the daily's done.

I haven't done any jumping puzzles yet :eyebrow: need to seek them out I think!

I run the game with vsync off and this is not something I have experienced. I will try with it on then off tonight and see if I can notice any difference and report back.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Mine seems to run fine with vsync off, possibly driver related?

I gotta say, after years of a sub-standard machine, the one in my sig runs everything in WvW without frame drop below 60 on max gfx.. it's nice to be able to punch with the bigger guns!

72 now, going for 80 tonight!

6. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

Have fun getting to 80.
    I have to say though, one reason I'm loving the game is that sometimes I'm enjoying other stuff so much that I only notice I've leveled up when my character makes a quip about being awesome :D

7. lava

lava Minimodder

cheers, going to have a go at desolation:thumb:

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Hit 80, now to finish the story quests and keep saving for the WvW invader gear! The Orr zone is all events / defend or take way points so lots of xp and karma going around. As for jumping puzzles, I've only done the broken wall one and that was a bit of a pain. Not sure if I feel like going out of my way to do all the others. They also have them in the WvW zones and you're rewarded with a chest which normally contains a blueprint for a siege weapon and other goodies.

9. Ivoryspike

Ivoryspike Air Cooled

Gratz on the 80's guys. I would almost be there myself if I hadn't kept swapping characters; really loving the game, as prowler said, not even noticing levelling up.

Started on elemental (18) moved to thief (41) and now on Necromancer (12), loving the new one so far more than the others. Never made any alts in previous MMO's, dunno what it is with this one.

What's your favourite proff so far that you've tried?

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

One thing i miss and that's because of Guild Wars was using a single character and playing through all the different Campaigns.

The different Storylines per Race is great but I miss the way Guild Wars was.

I might rerole again. Not sure. My main is broke and I am finding it hard to get money now.

Will check the wiki for the quest rewards and see if i can build up my cash level again.

11. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

I lost almost all my money when a glitch didn't say that my purchases on the TP were registering. I clicked on one buy button about 10 times then realised all my money was gone ... and face desked, much to my wife's amusement :duh:

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Reminds me of that WoW video where the girlfriend gave away the guys stuff and deleted his characters. Will dig it out!

13. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

:clap: Gratz on hitting 80 mate - I wonder if Digi has too? I hit 35 :eyebrow:

Having never played GW1, this seems like a cool idea - shame a similar thing never made it into GW2 - perhaps there is scope for something like this in an update/expansion? How did the expansions work with GW1 content wise?

Would be a shame to re-role again. Any low level areas that you have nearly 100%? This gives some money. How about farming for a few evenings for mats and selling them on TP? I know its boring, but could be an option.

I'm not really sure how much money I should have currently at level 35 - i believe i have circa 1g :/ how much should one aim for by level 80? I mostly salvage my items for mats so I can level crafting when the time allows :D

14. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I've not made it yet, been busy the last few nights so I'm only 74.. :( I have to travel to England tomorrow so no PC for me for 6 days either!

@ Dom - Just do events and tasks and zone completes. You'll get XP and you'll get cash to boot and should be up again in no time.

@ Hoochy - You will need that 1g at 40 to buy your Master Trait book from your trainer so remember that!

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The way it worked was you started out in an area known as Pre Searing, this is a introduction area. Nice and green lands and low level enemies. You can try out all secondary professions. Completing quests with the skills enabled temporarily. Then pick a second profession. (This remains till later in the game where you Ascend and can then change secondary profession)

Once you reach Lions Arch you can travel to other lands. Cantha/Elona. Factions and Nightfall are the campaign titles. If you started a new character with the expansions you can choose to play from those locations. They brought new Professions also.

Eye of The North was the third expansion. Whilst it did not bring new professions it brought a finale to Guild Wars, leading into Guild Wars 2. It was initially meant to be a large expansion like factions and Nightfall but Anet decided to use it to lead you into Guild Wars 2 which was already in production to some degree.

So you could complete Prophecies, then Factions then Nightfall and go back and complete Eye of The North. Or like I did complete Prophecies then Eye of The North, Factions and then Nightfall.

After completing each expansion a Hard Mode was enabled. This bumped up the difficulty to such a degree that it was best to play with other players. There is lots more that I haven't covered but it isn't all too important.

In Eye of The North the Hall of Monuments was made available to the player. This is where you could dedicate Elite Armor. One time available weapons from completing each expansion once. This reward is only given once per character. So to get them all you would need to re role several times. The item you trade to get the weapon could not be sold as well.

Also by completing each expansion in both modes you could dedicate the a title in HoM. As well as mini pets and also by completing Elite Dungeons as well as other PvP titles.

All these things accounted for an amount of points which would allow you to have different skins for weapons in Guild Wars 2. This is only available to those that played GW and linked their accounts.

I think I have explained to the best of my ability the key factors in playing Guild Wars. I have yet to complete HoM and some of the titles I need to earn mean a lot of grinding.

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Gold rewards scale with your level. The average amount for completing a heart event at 80 is roughly 2 silver, 50 copper. I went to a level 60 zone to do a few hearts and got the exact same gold and I was getting high level drops. It also seems a lot of the gathering things were mithril ore and the higher tier things.

I also made the mistake with the TP where it wouldn't register and say "you've successfully purchased so and so". Ended up with something like 120 small claws when I only needed 30. I was down to roughly 12 silver and I'm already back up to roughly 1 gold, 15 silver in 1 day. Not too bad since I spent most of my time PVP'ing. Another thing people might want to note, once you hit 80 you can level to 81 over and over and it just gives you one skill point every time. They become a currency of sorts I believe.

17. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

I have never played it but from what I hear it is a really good game but not the best ofc

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

All I have seen is single sentence spams. Post more constructively. Not the best. 2 million players in only two-three weeks. New and Old Guild Wars players. Free to play. No subscription. Basing it's not the best on what? World of Failcraft?

19. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

This sentenace just make no sense at all. Never played it? Why then is it 'of course' not the best? On what evidence? Once you have played it, and I urge you to do, make an opinion then based on your own expiriences! I agree with Dom.

Right, managed to play some WvW with a friend (and his new guild in GW2) from my previous guild playing RIFT - i get an invite to the mumble server and we headed off to WvW for some organised stompage - it was bloody awesome. Looks like there is a chance to get in the guild in October, so I will deff be trying for that as tonight was the most fun I have had in a guild environment.

I had to leave the guild I mentioned I joined. In the 3 days I spent online with them - no one talked at all - it just wasent for me.

20. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Hey guys,

I've made a Tournament PvP video from a Warrior PoV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAmFPt5w0bk&feature=plcp

If you watch it let me know what you think since I'm thinking about making videos regularly for GW2, I enjoy doing the video editing, even though I'm pretty bad at the moment but I don't want to upload them if nobody finds them interesting. :p