Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

:) Honestly I need to join a active Guild. I am waiting in an invite from old Guild Mates.

I will likely be involved with them more so than any other Guild.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2012
  2. jake91

jake91 What's a Dremel?

Just ordered this, it looks amazing, cant wait for it to come :D

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The week long WvW has started. Hopefully it works out alright.

4. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Should be good I hope. I am supposed to be grouping up with a mates guild again tonight for some organised shenanigans! :) is the ultimate plan to have the WvW run on 2 week rotations?

On another note, I ran AC for the first time today. Bloomin heck, it was hard work-I was absolutely knackered after it! Every trash mob felt like a boss from another mmo. I'm sure there are some tactics that can be utilised (which I'm sure I will learn in time). Let's put it this way, I was a naked engineer by the end of the last boss :)

I have been assured the level 40 dung is a little easier?!

5. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

the story mode of the next dungeon is a little easier....explorable can be pretty tough still though.

also, you know theres an armor repair station right at the beginning of the dungeon, right? :p

6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Hahaha! Yes indeed there is, but being our first time there we just kept respawning at the closest WP and running back to the last loss to get 1 shot again :) it was fun, just tiring. Most difficult time ive had in a mmo instance yet for sure (bear in mind my most recent being raiding in RIFT).

Gradually getting used to watching enemy's animations rather than emotes/cast bars. It's different but I like it.

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Level 5 in underworld
    Loving this game so far :).

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Glad to hear you are enjoying it thus far :D I hit level 50 today so im happy - tried to do a run of the CM dungeon, managed to get about half way through but had an epic PC crash so didnt get to finish it (well they had finished by the time I got back)!

just need 15 kills in WvW to finish off my monthly progress achievement, although i have heard the rewards are slightly lack luster :( we will see.....

9. Panomama

How do you level quickly/effectively..
    Been doing the main questline; but the quests soon got level 16+ while I was barely level 8.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Do the Vistas, and Dynamic events. You should have completed those as you went along from area to area. Best way to level up. As well as Crafting/PvP/WvW.

11. Panomama

I do those as they come up, WvW I didnt understand, not done crafting as I dont understand that either :p

12. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

I got mine last week. EXTREMELY disappoint. as someone who isnt into PvP, i wont grind my way through 50 kills again for the monthly until they fix the rewards for it.

the way i kept up with the story was by 100%-ing areas as needed. i would do some personal story until i needed to level, then i would go 100% an area or two. personally i find clearing areas to be highly addicting and i actually ended up at a much higher level than my story line (i think the highest spread was like 25 levels at one point between my character and the next step in the story line).

i also am not impressed with the crafting system. through a combination of the complication of the interface and the uselessness of the items i was creating, i couldnt bring myself to grind through to the levels where i would be making good armor/weapons that i could actually use or sell for profit.

on top of that, you lose a lot of money for a long time while crafting vs selling all your drops to the merchant and buying good armor/weapons from the market.

13. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

the problem with the crafting system is that it's really badly explained (or not explained at all).

As for the monthly rewards:

It's almost exactly the same as the daily rewards, just with a lot more mystic coins, so fairly rubbish.

14. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Boo! Oh well for the sake of the 15 kills I need I may as well get it done. Unless they change the rewards I won't bother trying for them again. It will prob happen as a matter of cause normally as I enjoy WvW though and the others just happen too!

I wonder if the part completion would run over into the next month? Maybe I will try it they might patch in some awesome rewards :)

15. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I completed the dungeon at the south of Lion's Arch (otherwise known as Weyandt's Revenge). Was quite fun to do it with a few strangers who tagged along, sharing insight into how to beat each puzzle and then laughing when one of us failed epically. Unfortunately the karma rewards at the end are 9000 odd each, so no rewards for me yet :(

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

If you're in need of grinding up karma it's all about WvW. Tag along with a zerg and when they're hammering the gates just spam out every support type skill you have, big area heals are good here. Your contribution becomes huge and you get the rewards for it. On average I'll pick up 22k xp, 7-9k karma and 20ish silver for each keep attacking event.

17. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Ooer
    Kinda glad I didn't de-activate the email authentication now.

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Wish i could get a refund or able to sell my account/copy..

lvl31 and bored stiff with the game already. Disappointing :(

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I played sporadically, it has changed dramaticaly compared to Guild wars which I still enjoy today. But mostly working towards Hall of Monuments stuff. Wouldnt mind having the top title completed but thats a pain in the backside.

Though toughest one to do is Survivor which I did in about a week.

20. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

That's a shame to hear :( Is there no way of selling your account information/log in atall? Can an email address be changed on the account?

Have you tried different races/professions? This might help?

I'm level 50 still (haven't been able to play this week as I'm away!) and loving every part of the game. I didn't play GW1 so can't comment on the differences for the good or bad between the two, but comming from other MMO's this is much more suited to the 'casual player' than any I have played to date. :)