1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Have you had major surgery?

Discussion in 'General' started by teacherboy, 12 Sep 2012.

1. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Last edited: 14 Sep 2020
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Having one put in unsedated isn't exactly the most pleasant of experiences... :waah:

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

thanks man :p and will do

woo :),

Currently sat in my room, on free wireless, meals can be ordered when you feel like it, bathroom isn't too great but its better then nothing, I'm not allowed to sit on the bed until surgery, looksies!

Update : Just been told i can only have a sandwich, and still the time of my operation isn't known...

Update : so they wheeled me down to the operation room on my bed, felt like something out of a game lights passing by, doctors gloves exc,

Last edited: 26 Nov 2012
  4. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

What hospital does room service? You going private treatment........

5. Weekly_Estimate

Nuffield,

Update, Nurses change to a night nurse and she's like a spawned demon from hell! Doesn't look like she wants to be here, and every time i ask her something she looks very bothered and nasty.

pictures, don't mind me i'm fat! I was losing weight super quick on supplements until the gallstone attacks started happening hence having it removed.. (now i should be able to get back down pass 12 stones without problems yay :)

[​IMG]

-image removed because it just wasn't needed-

Last edited: 2 Dec 2012
  6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

If they tell you to lie down and stay down, ****ing lie down!

7. Weekly_Estimate

I stood up because i needed a pee man, It's kinda hard to aim though a closed wooden door and still hit the bowl 5 feet away!

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Pretty much what bedpans and nurses are for...

9. teacherboy

Keyhole surgery Cheesecake - but tell people you were knifed and make out that you're a double hard ******* when the scars have healed :eyebrow:

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Yep, I spent 3 days peeing into cardboard things and giving them to nurses.

Do what they tell you.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

11. Weekly_Estimate

lol i don't even think i'll have scars after they've done it so well!

I've been sent home :p, have a checkup in 6 weeks!

Teacher any advice on washing/showering? They've superglued the cuts and i need to leave the dressings on for 10 days...

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Spongebob ^H^H bath around them.:thumb:

13. teacherboy

Wash gently and don't use anything scented is usually the discharge advice, let water run over them but not for long. Washing was a pain in the arse for me for a while, especially when the wound broke open in places (I could post a blurry phonecam pic but it's kinda gross) as the internal stitches would have dissolved too fast........

Glad you got discharged quickly, you got follow ups with a nutritionist scheduled afaik lack of gall bladder = seriously low fat diet or you risk anal leakage of said undigested fats :eyebrow:

14. Weekly_Estimate

thank you :), The plasters have now came off and the end of the cuts don't seem to be fusing together but as there so little i'm not worried for the moment. My daily visits too the looe are around the 10-15 mark atm.

Low fat diet? no problemo! protein shakes, and steamed veggies all the way! :)

thanks for the help man, hope your healing is going well :)

15. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

I had major stuff done. I won't go into detail will just say I have issue's I battle on a daily basis. people's opinions of me may Change, just hope it ain't seen as being morbid but... I suffered a self inflicted crossbow bolt to the chest.
    I had my chest cracked open and about a 2 foot long cut around my right shoulder blade for access In addition to that I tubes going into the side of my neck and my groin. I was also on as heart bypass machine and was treated with hypothermia. As a side effect of my surgery I suffered a major blood clot in my right calf , which resulted in more surgery to remove the clot. As a result of surgery to my leg I got compartment syndrome an as a result of that about 85% of the muscle in my right lower leg died and was surgically removed.
    I was in a medically induced coma for from memory I think was about 3-4 weeks. For any interested medical people here is a link with details http://ats.ctsnetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/72/6/2106 happened 12 years ago and this is first place outside family I have discussed it. Life is a lot better nowadays. I have been told by so many professionals that with my injury's I just should not have made it. Glad I did :) I hope it does not affect my participation her on these forum's cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

16. Weekly_Estimate

Is being in a coma just like general anaesthetic where you wake up, and it feels like seconds has passed?

17. teacherboy

Glad you survived too :D

18. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

In a way I guess it was I had no idea I had been asleep that long.I remember having very vivid and strange dreams and also times when I knowingly wanted to wake up but couldn't. When I eventually woke it was a gradual wake up period over a few days and I didn't or couldn't tell when I was a asleep and when I was awake. Quite unnerving feeling.

19. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

20. Weekly_Estimate

Nothing worst then being in hospital, with a phone that'll die any second, no form of entertainment and a bunch of horrible nurses that were meant to be bringing me pain stuff a freaking hour ago! Their just standing outside chatting away and now my pains gone.

Oh my god she just went to put the meds into my tube and sprayed me with them!

Currently having major pains :( finding it hard to breath!!