1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Just bought an Alienware M18X R2 (£3.5K inc extras) - (3920XM Installed Page 13!!!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 20 Jun 2012.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

He drives HGV's loaded with very dangerous flammable liquids. Apparently it pays well though the hours are a bit tedious.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I guess the danger pay for dying in dangerous chemical spill or vehicle accident covers all his hardware obsession!

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's nice for you! That isn't going to change my perspective, as every company will have RMA's.

At the end of the day, not every company will be at your house the next day to replace a part, so this is why I choose Dell, to spend my money with.

So your not into Fashion/Designer makes? http://www.bench.co.uk/

That aside, you seem to like to point out other peoples imperfection, to make you feel better about oneself! Maybe you should concentrate on spending more time on your imperfections, and stop being such a Douchebag!

90% of my reply's on here are from my phone, in the limited time I have to respond. So, yes there will be errors made, as I, nor anyone is that perfect in life. So now I ask you to GTFO nicely! :D

Please stick to the topic of the thread please!:)

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Jun 2012
    Zurechial and Shirty like this.
  4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Good man.

I would like a gaming laptop, not enough to stop buying keyboards though!

5. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Gaming laptop modded with a mech keyboard.....

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

If such a thing was possible.....!!

AH MA GAWDE!

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That wasn't the point that I was making, but fair enough. I didn't say anything about the quality of the hardware you bought mate, it's just not my thing and like I said, I do work on them from time to time and know exactly what they're made of.

With the utmost amount of respect to Bench clothing and anyone who wears it, I don't really consider them a "designer" brand. That being said, I didn't think of Bench clothing when you said it. Actually I haven't seen any Bench clothing lately at all.

As I've said many times before, I am merely trying to educate people and keep the forum as readable as possible. The a/an thing is 100% wrong, sorry if you don't like people pointing out when you're wrong about something mate, but it would look and sound a lot better if the thread was titled correctly. Easily more than 90% of my replies on this forum in the last 6 months have been from Tapatalk on my iPhone and I manage just fine. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

All in all, I think that went pretty well. No overreactions here at all... :sigh:

Anyway, health to enjoy your new laptop Simon - I'm out of this one.

/exit

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nobody likes a smartass, Unicorn (it's why I'm in trouble all the time). Although I am as big a grammar nazi as yourself, I have learned that not everybody wants the feedback (even when offered politely). As long as posts are intelligible, it's OK.

Now the man is pleased with his acquisition. Let's not piss all over it.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  9. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I have been known for correcting people on youtube comments but I end up feeling worse afterward.

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't feel good putting someone down, even in the name of education.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well said.

11. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

No doubt, when he meets his end in some crazy chemical explosion, they will have to pry that Alienware from his stone cold grasp with a crowbar!
    (This is a joke TG)

docodine likes this.
  12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Naaw, dude. Have you never read any Marvel comics?!? The chemical explosion will cause some weird freak mutation to take place which meshes true_gamer's genetic and molecular matrix with his Alienware rig and he will arise from the flames, phoenix-like, reborn as an awesome superhero called ALIENMAN!

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

14. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Lol made me chuckle.

His face will be half human half lcd, and he will fire optical media at you from his ejecting blu ray drive hand.

hamza_tm likes this.
  15. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

God I wish my brane was better so I could have thought up something that good!

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Now that's a full time job :lol:

Also, congratulations on the purchase Simon, I think most of us would love a good gaming laptop if we had the cash, just don't start playing games whilst driving down the M6...

Lots of envy and amazement in equal measures from a forum of geeks and hardware enthusiasts, although if anybody is used to that by now it'll be you.

Teelzebub likes this.
  17. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

So... You're getting me this for my birthday then? I'm flattered, thanks!

18. lnoton

lnoton What's a Dremel?

I have the Nebula Red M18x. i7 2720 16GB RAM 120GB SSD, 320GB spindle with 6990 CFX.

It is SUPURB. I don't really do much with it, but it comes out every now and again.

We wary of build quality...I had a screw rattling around in mine, but luckily I was having to take the keyboard out to put 8GB of the 16GB RAM in. Screw fell out when doing the operation, couldn't find a home for it.

I have a minor screen blemish on the bottom right of the screen too...very barley noticeable unless I'm looking for it side on.

Other than that, fantastic machines.

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I'll take that advice...No playing whilst driving! :D

Thank you for your kind words! :D

:D

Thanks! I'll be taking mine apart, as I too, have order 16GB of ram and 3x 256GB SSD to go in side. (Saved me over £1k by buying the RAM & SSD's from OCUK rather than from Dell).

I'll be going over mine with a fine tooth comb, if there are any problems, it will be going straight back for a replacement. :)

20. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

So your not going to have something more powerful for when you come home?

If I was a betting man I would say that won't last long if so!