1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mech nerds... GTFIH! [Hawken new news] [BETA!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 11 Mar 2011.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have really enjoyed playing Hawken but wasn’t aware of this other mech fighting game. Mechwarrior Online looks really good might give it a shot, see how they compare.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I play MWO every day. The two games are both mech based but couldn’t be more different. If Hawken is Call of Duty, then MWO is Battlefield. By this I mean, Hawken is much, much faster, but, for me at least, MWO has a much better ‘feel’ of what you’d expect mech combat to be like. It’s slower speed means that it is very tactical; movement, and positioning are paramount at all times, as is knowledge of the location of the rest of your team. Your first few games in ‘trial’ mechs (the ones anyone can use, while saving up to buy your own mech) you’ll find it quite punishing (particularly because there is no such thing as respawn), but within about 10 games you’ll be hooked and looking forward to buying your first mech. From then there is a HUGE amount of depth when it comes to customising your chassis setup, as every single item (weapon, heatsink, armour, defense) offsets another.

Until Next Time Mechwarriors.

3. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Thats half the game, customising the mech for your style\mood.