1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mech nerds... GTFIH! [Hawken new news] [BETA!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 11 Mar 2011.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Gone through all the usual, no dice with any compatibility mode or DLL hacks. I'll be trying virtual machines next, XP one is good to go and I had it working under that before, 95 OSR 2.5 CD is waiting in the wings as backup.

I'm looking forwards to both this and the Mech Warrior reboot, AT1 is also worth a look if you're a mech purist.

2. impar

impar Minimodder

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I signed up to the MechWarrior Online thing, but I sure as hell am not going to play any tripe on Facebook.

Would be nice to get some information regarding the Hawken beta though.

Heh, got Mech Commander working on my machine again and loving it :D

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

There will be an extended gameplay video released tomorrow (Friday) from PAX East seemingly.

Let's hope it's good :)

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This looks awesome! Much better than Mech Warrior online which seems slow and clunky in comparison.

Gorgeous graphics.... but I wish the environments were fully destructable!

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

And Hawken looks slow compared to Armored Core V. :D

The world design looks awesome, though, so even being slower it looks very intense with so much cover and truly 3D world where enemies can be above or below. Every new trailer of Hawken impresses me more and more, it's great to see it growing.

On destructable environments, it sure sounds cool but depending on how long matches are intended to last might not have been practical. It's the same complaint I had with BC2's "Destroy ALL the things!" gameplay, it's great at first and brings a new tactical level to the game but by the end you're fighting in a barren wasteland.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Armoured core V is a console game.

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    On an assault mech (MWO Atlas) everything is slower than on a light mech (Hawken mech).
    What I expect from MWO is some background story, mech customization and accurate weapons stats.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

So? They're games of the same genre with largely the same target audience: many PC gamers also own either a PS3 or Xbox 360 and can consider both games.

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

How many? 70%?

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'd suspect a larger percentage than that, feathers.

Anyway; I want this so bad. I've been lurking around the development for it since I first spotted the thread on here. Kudos to Otis for pointing it out.

13. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Hawken does look very good. I'm just a bit fed up with endless promo vids and announcement of beta program most of us won't get on to. And what happens at the end of 2012? I thought the game was due for release? Turns out it's the public beta that we have to wait until end of year for.

14. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Looks a bit pew pew pew to me. I am long past having interest in a typical deathmatch type game, even if it is in a mech. I would much rather have a very tactical and strategic mech game, but I will be waiting far longer I suppose.

15. feathers

feathers Minimodder

pew pew.

16. rogerrabbits

^ That's all personal taste though. If I didn't play the likes of Quake to death, I would probably be desperate for something like Hawken. But seeing as I did already play that stuff to death, I am far more interested in that Mechwarrior Online game. Only at first glance though, I haven't read anything about it yet, just saw a few vids.

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Roger, what might be of interest to you is Mechwarrior Tactics. Another F2P title coming out this year. It's a hex-tile based game. There is some images floating around from it.

http://www.mwtactics.com/

19. rogerrabbits

Lol I adored that film as a kid.

Thanks a lot! I had forgotten about that one. There's been a lot of mech talk the last few years, it got a bit hard to keep track of everything. But I'll bookmark that for sure. I love 'anything'-Tactics in fact, Final Fantasy Tactics being one of my favourite games ever :)

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aye, there's the 3 main titles for me this year: Hawken, Mechwarrior Online and Mechwarrior Tactics.

All F2P (this may or may not be a bad thing), so at least it saves a few pennies :D