1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete MINI MOTO MAYHEM: Photo Dump

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Asouter, 23 Mar 2013.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed 24 Sep 2013.
  1. UV Lime Yellow

31.3%
  2. Pastel Blue

68.8%
  1. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

What are you planning on doing with the front fairing? Are you going to leave it fully faired or chop it down to a half fairing so you can see the components better?

2. Asouter

Asouter --------

I'll take a look at them, it'll save me butchering old cases, mind you that one was steel which was a pleasant suprise. I hear you with the priority thing... Aluminium it is then :hehe:

The front fairing as you know comes in a few sections. The top half will definitely be fitted, but there are a few ideas I have for the belly pan. It normally fits directly to the top half and as you say it will cover the best bits. So the plan is to chop out a strip through the middle and replace with clear acrylic but layered.

I'm waiting for a few bits to turn up and all will become much clearer.

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sponsored by

[​IMG]

VID OF THE TEST RIDE 31/05/13

As promised the test ride of the bike, Nothing fancy no music but quite a handy lil exercise as I have noticed a knocking noise that I can't hear while riding. The chain has seen better days so a replacement needed. Enjoy the Vid.

The nice thing about helmets is that you can't see the rider grinning like an idiot :)

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Haha! This is awesome.

5. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Streetfighter it!!!!! Goes pretty well with that electric motor too.

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Cheers Jinq-sea, it certainly puts a smile on the face

Streetfighter is an option, but I love my sports bikes. I was suprised how well it went, that's only a 300Watt motor in there, I was very tempted to go for the 1000Watt option but I'd have to find room for another battery...Damn

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

An awesome mod you can ride, bravo, made my day seeing that. :D:clap:

8. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Wayne, happy it appealed to your fun side, it's not until you see it running that the concept makes sense.

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Think I've seen bike mods before but not one that actually still works, it really is brilliant. :clap:

I added something in serious about that side in the what do you think about politics thread, I didn't subscribe, it's definitely too much for my fragile mind. :worried:

10. Asouter

Asouter --------

You're not wrong there mate, things get very fugly very quickly in those threads :hehe:

11. Asouter

Asouter --------

SPONSORED BY

[​IMG]
    UPDATE 07/06/13

Small update this time, I have fitted the PSU and it fitted nicely into the spot that I wanted it to go, you'll notice the fans and grills have been fitted. I went with the white golf ball type, nice lil fans and they'll look at home when the build is complete.

[​IMG]

It's my birthday today, I have been lucky and the other half has bought me some bike bits, some of these I have been waiting for, for a quite a while...

[​IMG]

New forks (the old ones were bent) , new bars and brake levers... nice and sparkly.

[​IMG]

Next up is a set of wave brake disks, a new caliper, new triple clamps and some other stuff that will bling up the bike when it comes to final assembly. So of to the spares box with this lil lot, we'll see these again later on in the build.

There was also some new brackets for fitting the bodywork, These are the bits I needed badly, so now I can fit and see where I need to chop down the fairing to allow access and viewing for the motherboard. I have had to make a few minor adjustments so that the bodywork will accept the Dzus fasteners.

[​IMG]

I'm happy with the result, even with the mish/mash of panels the transformation is huge. there's still a few brackets to make up but for now one last final where it's at pic :cooldude:

[​IMG]

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

OTT awesomeness :D happy birthday Andy. :)

13. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

wow.......I like a lot

14. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Coming together nicely. Looking forward to seeing the paintwork now.

15. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Wayne, another year bites the dust, I guess at some point I will think about getting a more sensible bike....

Thanks PainKiller, glad you like

Me too, but there's still a fair bit to do on mock up before tearing down for finish and paint but it will be worth the wait.

16. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

Amazing so far mate, can't wait to see more updates :)

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Dipzy :thumb:

18. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Res Update:

[​IMG]

Just started cutting the res for Mini Moto Mayhem mod, here are some of the photos from this evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats one side done, will turn it over to do the Mayhem logo and cut the shape to fit the body of the mini moto shell.

Will update soon and get this sent out to Andy as soon as its finished.

19. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks James, These are my fave' kinda updates. The res is looking amazing :thumb::thumb::thumb:

20. Asouter

Asouter --------

UPDATE 15/06/13

Time for a small update, with the bodywork now fitted I can now look at fitting the motherboard tray and shape the belly pan.

I'd already marked where i wanted to cut, to maintain the shape of the fairing and expose enough of the Motherboard as I want people to be able to see the guts of the PC. I will be using ASUS's new Rog Itx board and really want it on display (as soon as it gets to market)

so enough waffling here's a reminder of the area to be chopped

[​IMG]

The motherboard tray is now fitted and secured, you'll notice that I have changed the IO shield. This is to allow another fixing point to the frame and to stop it wobbling around when the bike is being ridden. It also has the benefit of providing some protection from stuff flinging off the front wheel.

[​IMG]

A view through the front forks gives a better idea of the protection that the grill will give

[​IMG]

Another view from the front, shows the shape of the tray and the cut out of the belly pan

[​IMG]

Finally a view from the side, you can see the final shape of the belly pan and how much of the Motherboard will be on show.

[​IMG]

There's still a few minor shaping details to sort out, but the belly pan and front fairing are nearly ready to prep for paint (this is when the build will start to shine)