1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan First Look

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 19 Feb 2013.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Sorry mate disagree,
    Have run Sli / Cross fire for a few years now. In fact have just picked up some 680 Cheesecake's with water blocks for far less than the titan.

2. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

For now :)

3. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

How long before True_Gamer gets one?

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

When they drop to the logical price that reflects their performance versus other cards. He's gone for 580s in SLI instead - same or better performance than a Titan for much less then half the price.

5. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yes but we're talking about true gamer here. When has value for money ever really come into it, its about owning and Benching the latest shiny tech. POWER! He's already trying to fight the temptation of buying two for watercooled SLI goodness at £2K :jawdrop: check out the president's group. :D

6. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I will be getting one (coz i can), but am waiting for the evga hydrocopper one now, soon as someone in the uk sells one (apart from Scan) then moneys ready.

Not coping too well with my gt640 as you can prob tel:D

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

After having read all of this I think I might rather get the ares 'll 7990, just need to see who has stock and how it will fit with a H100 in a hafx case

8. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Thats two different cpu's and SB-E is known to scale much better at the higher frequencies, so I am not saying you are wrong - just saying again, this is a bad example to establish a scaling issue with PCI-E lanes as the tests are not comparable in just that area alone.

I really do understand your point about if your going to show a tri sli test then yes the people who are interested in such a set-up will want to see it tested in the evironment it deserves which would include removing any obstacles that could potentially stunt the performance figures....in it's purest sense, absolutely right.

Bit-tech (and >90% of all the other hardware testing sites) have missed a trick by not standardising on a 4.5ghz X79 as a benching set-up, but now it's done and the time has been invested testing all those cards on that other set-up, there's not enough time and resource to do it all again....especially when the target demographic is so tiny less than 0.1% of it's target audience would really benefit from it.

They should take note for the next opportunity to re-test everything, that the test bed should be able to reliably cater for all compinations appropriately.

Apophis54 likes this.
  9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've been running SLI for many years and I've never had a problem with it, although I think buying a Titan is a complete waste as is the 690

Apophis54 and YEHBABY like this.
  10. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Two Titans in one system. Debate solved. Money solves everything lol.