1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

No comments from anyone yet but the CC forum is very very slow moving so have to constantly check.

Problem is just folding for 2 weeks, a week or whatever, is we already know whos going to come in at 1st and 2nd which just kills the moral and competition instantly but with my method or the x10 PPD system everyone will still fold for the same time :)

2. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

Great idea Coola, I like it.:thumb:

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Im game again this year. Just got a GTX260 which should be of more use than my HD4870 if I get it folding properly. Might have a second rig this year too based on a pentium D.

coolamasta likes this.
  4. coolamasta

It seems like most of the captains are liking the idea I had so that may be the way we are going this year but still in discussion at the moment :)

Will keep you all posted anyway :thumb:

5. ducrider

ducrider What's a Dremel?

coolamasta I am from Team PNY_FOLDS. Could you pm me here for more info on the CC.Thanks

6. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

bump ^

7. cave_diver

cave_diver Minimodder

Hi I'd be happy to help although I'm doin a rather measley 7k PPD - I really need to get hold of some cheap gfx cards to replace/assist the aging 9800 GT & 8400GS

8. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

I think James_ has ruined this method for us :D, unless he joins in of course.

9. coolamasta

Haha yeah true but I dont think he can get all that hardware on demand anyway, was purely a burn in test :)

UPDATE - The rules are still being discussed, my idea is still highly considered but we have a problem which is - if a small team get someone on board with a bunch of multi-processor rigs and nail out some bigadvs that will make their average bigger and put their chances of winning quite high so we need a way of regulating this which is what needs to be talked about...

Will keep you all posted though :thumb:

10. coolamasta

Lets go people!

We need to decide on final name, shall we stick with "CustomBitChimps" again as most teams seem to be keeping their names from last year?

The rules are being tweaked now but its going to be something along the lines of what I said on the previous page - all participating teams have had their average PPD taken from Oct 10 to Feb 11 (5 months) and that average is broken down into percentage then we do a drag race, IE as many PPD as we possibly can for either 7, 10 or 14 days (being decided now) then the winning team is whoever produces the most amount of points based on their average PPD percentage thus making it much fairer and more fun :D

11. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

You can me in of course :)

I might bring along something special too for the duration :naughty:

12. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

It's a good name, no need to change.

It will be my first CC so will have to dust off a rig currently in the loft - won't make a lot but it all counts.

coolamasta likes this.
  13. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

I'm in, hope to generate > 80K PPD. :)

Namewise happy to go with the majority as no real preference.

14. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I put my name down once but I appear to have "lost" it in this thread, I hope to have a bit more "practice" in about a fortnight (after paying the leccie bill) :thumb:and put the 2nd 275 back in this rig

coolamasta likes this.
  15. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

just had a look at the average ppd over past few weeks and i reckon i should be able to contrbute about 10k ppd from my 580, maybe more but i dont have it running 24/7 so it will vary depending on if i'm at home or not :)

Also I might get my 2500k folding, not sure how much ppd it will generate to know whether it will be worth it though.

16. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I'm in with my ~1k ppd. XD

Might get o² and a 2.8 p4 folding too, maybe a dual xeon rig if I can share ram around :)

17. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

Count me in, should be good for about 60k ppd. :thumb:

The team name looks good to me. :)

18. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

count me in. should have my rig back at uni in few weeks and luckily the time frame they have chose means that the most recent month (when i broke into the top 20 producers) wont affect our average ppd needed so i'm effectively going to be up already producing 50-55k

19. coolamasta

Thanks everyone, really glad you all want to join in :thumb:

They are asking what name we are going to be using on the CC forum so im going to say we are going to stick with CustomBitChimps if no one has any objections? Good thing about sticking with the same name is we already have the passkey which is set up for the bonus point so we can just dive straight in with the name.

I will of course PM everyone the passkey nearer the time :thumb:

Will keep you all posted, hoping rules will be decided once and for all this week :D

20. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Im in,upgrade from a HD8470 to GTX260 but again will only be able to fold partially. Ill also Reinstall the CPU client for the challange. Only folding on an athlon x2 6000 so don't expect much. If somone is willing to sell/donate a phenom II fairly cheap I'm interested lol.