1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Official "John Hanlon Fund Raiser" PC Build (Thank you Mach!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 23 Feb 2012.

1. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I think most of us are trying to do something with this build, its like I said to Bill dispite me never getting advice from John (and the fact I used to be a forum watcher not a poster :( ). Since the days of us using caravan/motor home window rubbers to put windows in our cases, I have seen Johns name cropping up with advice for others and using his time to advise others... Someone like that deserves our help. All I done was reached out and got some interest from manufactures (who once they saw thread were more than happy to support a legend) They deserve the credit more than me to be honest... (watch this space more manufactures have come on board).

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

This gets any better and I'M gonna show you guys a new meaning of wet!:jawdrop:

Thanks all.

3. jhanlon303

And for the outreach you deserve all the props I can muster. The whole community overwhelms me. My thanks.

john

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Copper block sure looks nice cheaps & the hot silly string from milling acrylic is a bit crazy, not got a mill but done some on the drill press so know what you mean :lol: looking forward to seeing more of the case mod also. :)

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Amazing community spirit, just amazing.

6. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Worked on the case yesterday, before bringing it over to Brad's last night. I'm still waking up here..lol I'm editing the photos later today.

@furball, no worries. I'll leave a location on 240 radiator open for your 240 rad grill, it will be either outside or inside...The rear chassis exhaust fan could use the same grill design in 120mm, mounted on inside portion of the case! :thumb:

Toss some Rep rchiileea's way :D Richi has done awesome job in reaching out and informing his manufacturer representatives to respond Quickly by helping support this project :clap:

Patriot Memory has responded to Richi with donations of these awesome products to the "John Hanlon Fund Raiser" PC Build :rock:

[​IMG]

Viper Extreme DDR 500

[​IMG]

Patriot PYRO 120BG SSD

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Mar 2012
    jhanlon303 and Dr.Joe like this.
  7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Gotta love it when people actually help out those in need! :thumb:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Patriotic theme with Patriot RAM & SSD awesome :D:rock::clap: already repped him earlier but will do again if I can. :)

Can't add more rep. :blah:

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I think Patriot would have been crazy to not offer gear because of the theme.:D Great of them to supply stuffs, though.
    I lost track of when I last rep'd someone in here for helping. some of you may get double-tapped. Apparently, you can max out the rep button.

10. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Oh man, that would be awesome :) If they are on the outside and need some trim i can make them in a rad grill style too :)

jhanlon303 likes this.
  11. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Once built, I certainly hope there's a rich, rich buyer for this one. Not only does John deserve all help he can get, but this computer is going to need a home where it gets proper treatment and respect.

Actually, when I think of it, it would probably give John a slight chuckle if something was left for the coming owner to keep modding on. Hmmmm, maybe an idea? Leave some things unfinished and let the owner do some more modding?

12. jhanlon303

OH CRAP! I'm going to have to get stock in the Depends company. Brad Garvin is on board too?

Bladder control out the window.

john

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D So awesome :)

14. jhanlon303

A whole life of giving has not prepared me for the emotions that accompany receiving.

I watch.

15. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

I hope the buyer is someone who will love and cherish it (of course we hope it brings in a great sale price). Looking forward to getting it all together

jhanlon303 likes this.
  16. jhanlon303

17. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Wow amazing work i wish i could help but im almost broke :sigh: my best wishes for you John Hanlon :rock:

jhanlon303 likes this.
  18. jhanlon303

You have helped. You visited and commented. Attitude is important. Mine improves every time someone posts. +rep for you.

john

19. Asouter

Asouter --------

Love watching this project. This should be MOTY for 2012. Not just for the build ( which I'm sure will be amazing) but mainly for what it stands for and the spirit, goodwill and how people pull together

20. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

Quote for the mod simply should be ( I Love it when a Plan comes together) Now were is my Cigar.....