1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems : Complete

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 9 Mar 2013.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ooh, inverted ATX?

Very nice.

2. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems

That pic with all those motherboards, CPUs and waterblock! I wish I had a fraction of that :p
    I love the parvum, keep it up!

3. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

nice project this. where i work we have 3 4000x2500mm routers and tend to stick with the lmt belin single flute bits as thay work well and dont cost much,we only change the tooling when we do stainless steel. looking good!

4. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

So much Epicnes in one picture.
    Can I trade in my Prodigy for that ? Just kidding.

I hope this one will get a Window above the GPU

5. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

This is one of the most epic threads in forum. :rock:

I always like to see suceesfull small business with great enthusiats on the head of the project. :clap:

6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Indeed! I would struggle to switch back to the regular layout now! And thank you!

Our case looks far better when it has hardware in it. It really compliments whats inside. Thanks for the kind words. This build should start to really shine when we get some water gear in there!

Awesome bed size. Can't wait for a slightly larger bed and auto tool change wouldn't hurt anyone ;)! What does your work do? Signage? That was a random guess...

Haha well it's always nice to hear when someone prefers our systems. Be sure to enter our give away if you do like the case. Never know your luck!

Defiantly have a window. A full frosted top is the current plan.

Thank you sir! It means a lot. We really will do our best to keep in with the modders! The more feedback the better. Hope you enjoy the rest of this build!

7. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

How did I miss this!? Really high quality. Thank you for sharing!

8. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

12 March Update

Just a small one tonight everyone.

We start the day by installing the extra blocks for our new chamber. We added these to support the extent of the water cooling and to cover up the black radiator. We want to keep the white as the focal color rather than showing to much black:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we took some measurements and spent some time in Auto Cad to draw the bottom chamber. If I am being honest this did take two attempts. I messed up on a few measurements for the 1/4' radiator threads. Shaun took charge and redid them, perfect of course. I suppose he does do it better than me after all.

The finished product with some nice chamfer detailing to hug the front 240mm radiator and the back 80mm fan:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the thing installed. Really happy with how this works. The fans do still fit with the extra 5mm thickness on top of the bottom radiator.

Also I took the plunge and got myself a Rampage IV Gene. Board is lovely. Also installed the Ek CPU block from my old build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To see if the hard work was all worth it; radiator test fit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We wont be using these exact ones but gives you a nice idea:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up we have to cut the only part of the case that isn't acrylic. This is 1.5mm aluminium.
    Similar tooling here but with the addition of coolant. We removed the misting system for photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the finished article with a little basic sanding:

[​IMG]

Now we have to make the 90° bend. To do this we move to something somewhat older than a CNC ;)
    Lovely machine for the job.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished with the bend:

[​IMG]

We next install it into the rear of the case. This is sandwiched between the two 5mm sheets that you saw in one of the first updates:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats us for today. :rock:!

Hope to see you all again tomorrow!

9. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

More than welcome. Thanks for reading!

10. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

Damn, so much machining power. Im quite jelous about the options a man could do with that equipment.
    Are your mounting Blocks/qubes selfmade or Stock parts on sale ?

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

13 March Update

Indeed! It's a joy to have the machines we do. Really want to try and use the bender to do something els in this build. But we will see.

We do not currently but after huge interest from people wanting to do their own scratch builds we probably will.

UPDATE 13th March:

Before our update I would like to introduce our sponsor Alphacool! We have a very good friend working with/for Alphacool & am super happy to have them onboard. As far as sponsorships go we are usually doing work in return for people where we can so it is more of a trade. But welcome to the watercooling power!

[​IMG]

First thing from Alphacool was this 240mm radiator. Real nice quality and lots of options with fittings. Very useful when working in smaller spaces. This is the 60mm version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The copper logo or the radiator colour don't suit the build so we decided to make a cover. We also wanted to make a nice feature with their logo.

Started with the drawing part:

[​IMG]

And onto the cutting. Recycling old acrylic in this build as much as possible, especially for the smaller parts. Cutting the female part:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After we used the 45° cutter to detail 3 of the edges, looking nice so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moving onto the frosted red for the male parts. Same cutter, more recycling of old panels:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the two pieces finished. The cutter was running a little thin on the last pass and left a few little bits needed cleaning up.

[​IMG]

Using some lubricant and some careful teasing the male pieces fit into the female *ok please go ahead and quote this, I really should have reworded this one*:

[​IMG]

Just the inside of the O's to fit as a second inlay. Super happy with the results. Here are a few shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moving back to the case we test if the new radiator:

[​IMG]

Very tight fit here. Shaun likes to keep his tolerance very tight. If I say make it fit he will leave 0.2mm! Works really well here.

[​IMG]

Next we decided to make a change to the front. We wanted to reuse the same technique that was used for the Parvum logo at the rear of the case and cut these new lines. We are both really happy with the results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To finish today we today we test fit the radiator cover:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bottom of this is actually a 45° cut going into the lower chamber 45°. This gives a really nice fit:

[​IMG]

And a final shot of the case for tonight:

[​IMG]

What do you all think about the new front? I'm sure a taste thing but we both really like it.

See you again tomorrow....!

Last edited: 13 Mar 2013
  12. FatPandas

FatPandas What's a Dremel?

Love the old school fly press man. Back in the good ol' days before safety guards and all that jiggery pokery.

Builds looking good, especially your inlay work - it's really tidy :thumb:

13. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

That frosted red acrylic is simply beautiful, works so well with the white. It's looking like this build is going to be shockingly neat and ordered, just how I like things :rock:

14. Asouter

Asouter --------

Flippin Eck, It's so clean.... those are really nice tolerances .2mm is that what you left for the clearance between the horizontal fans for the Rad and the bottom of the M'board ? it just looks like it's really gonna be a tight fit

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Looks awesome! Gorgeous colour scheme!

16. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Very tight indeed! I hope they have taken fan and pump vibration into account.

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks man, it's such a nice piece of kit. Does the job perfect every time. It is owned by the older chaps that work in the unit next door. They restore and plate antiques. Brass, silver and gold I believe. Some fine work to see there!

Thank you! Really can't be happier with the color scheme. We are going to add white with red accents as a purchasable color I think. It's had great response.

Ah the 0.2mm spacing wasn't between the bottom rad and the motherboard. It was for the Alphacool cover. Just enough to slide it into the bottom chamber.

Thank you Parge! Hope everything's good.

Yeah my 0.2mm was in reference to something else. We have a good little bit more before it hits the mobo/ram :D

18. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Some good progress on the PSU sleeving today! Shold all be done tomorrow, I'll be sure to get some nice photos of the custom SATAs ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

How did I only just spot this thread!? :jawdrop:

Absolutely astounding work!

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Now we are in business.