1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Razor wire

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 19 Jun 2008.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It has to be over 6ft high before you can mount anything on it if I remember correctly, but it is worth checking with your council.

2. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

*sigh* wtf is up with this country?? :(

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The thing with the motion sensor/lights though is that rather than scare them off it gives the ******** a light to see what they're doing.

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

ok I've decided to go with copper grease which I can get today and the pir light I'm also going to get an alarm and somehow set it to go off if someone tries the shed door.

Unfortunately the GF doesn't think that these is enough in her words

"I want blood, it's no good if there's no blood. The more the better"

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

legally problematic? *hides brick wall at back of house*

Seriously, if someone is dumb enough to break in somewhere then he doesnt deserve any better than atleast some very nasty cuts in his hands.

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Dig yourself an 8 foot deep moat, and place barbed spikes at the bottom to hold the scrotes under ;).

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Something like this should do you for the cost of a few pints. They're bloody loud, and operate from battery power - so no complicated install. The scrote can simply rip it off the wall and smoosh it underfoot, of course - but you rely on them not realising that when they get upwards of a hundred dB in their ear in the dead of night.

8. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

Don't be ruled by fear. it happens to everyone.

just make sure anything of value is locked up and insured.

9. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

completely idiotic that someone breaking the law has the same amount, or even more rights than you do, even though this jackass is trying to get themselves a new tv at your expense.

if you go for razor-wire, get the stuff where the blades are shaped like butterflies, maybe they'll be stupid enough to think "OOH pretty!!" that will get your girlfriend the blood she wanted. and as an added bonus, put up the signs and hope that they can't read :D

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Get one of these:

[​IMG]

Sorted!

11. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Have to agree on this one, blow him away, Pulp Fiction style.

12. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Looks like some sort of rock Indiana Jones style...?

13. koola

koola Minimodder

We installed a simple alarm and bought a baseball bat (keep under the bed) after our garage got broken into. When they tried again the alarm went off and have since had no trouble.

No matter how much security you put up, if the thief is determined enough they will find a way in. The best you can do is make it as difficult as possible to break in or move to Canada ;)

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Spike pits!

No one puts any faith in those these days. Put a nice big sign on the gate, warning of spike pits, and stick a few around the gate.

Might not be a good idea if you have small children you're fond of, or an animal you're fond of.

Seriously, though, I agree with the hedge idea. Subtle, yet effective. If you wanted to go really nuts, you could get some electric fence going on IN the hedge, for added laughs.

I just had a thought: They say to be law abiding you need to put signs up right?

Do they count if they're in a foreign language?

Last edited: 19 Jun 2008
  15. RTT

RTT #parp

Rig a couple of paint ball grenades, that'll **** them right up. (a lot of people who store motorbikes in sheds do exactly this)

16. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Simple solution:

Step one: secure the shed. Make sure it's nice and strong.

Step two: Take all the valuable items out of the shed. Place one shiny looking box at the other end.

Step three: Place a Yale lock on the shed. Leave the key in the outside.

Step four: Remove the handle from the inside of the door.

Step five: Place a brick with "Take that, Chav Moron" written on it inside the lucrative box.

Step six: Fit as loud an alarm as possible to the box, along with a very bright flashing strobe light. Inside the shed.

Next time the bugger decides to help himself to your prized posessions, he'll be locked inside a shed, being bombarded with strobe lighting and loud siren screams, with nothing but a brick labelled "Take that, Chav Moron".

Well, it's unlikely to work, but we can still dream...

On second thoughts - saying that - why not just fit a simple motion activated webcam in your garden. As soon as you get a nice photo of him in your garden, take it to a printing shop to get blown up to A0 size, and put up photos EVERYWHERE you can. Preferably with a lolcat esque caption reading "Im in ur garden, theevin cos I'm thik..."

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

a base ball bat with nails driven into the end. maim the *******. make sure you've got it well publicised so that they can't sue you because they know what they're letting themselves in for.

and a sniper rifle to get them before they get to you.

18. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

really sad thing about that idea is some one I know who lived not that far from here had a camera up and get a crystal clear (or as good as the camera give) picture of someone breaking into their shed.

The police won't allowed to use it in court as evidence because they owners of the garage didn't have a sign up proclaiming that the area was being monitored by camera.

Apparently it was a breach of the scum's human rights to have his picture taken in such a way with out him potentiating being aware of the fact.

19. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

check the law beacuse i think it might be illegal, i know its illegal to but glass shards ontop of a wall, just check you not doing anything illegal if you put razor wire up, why not get an electric fence like farmers have or in your shed if you have to keep valuable stuff in get one them dye systems that spray introuders with a semi permenant dye

here we go http://www.smartwater.com/Home.aspx

20. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Wow. **** country IMO.. Here you can kill someone and get away with it by saying it was for "self-defense"

On that note, roommate here keeps a 50lbs hunting bow with some nasty barbed arrows. Some arse tried stealing our 46" HDTV one night, he ended up with an arrow stuck in his thigh.

Get a dog, seriously. Or dig out the area behind the fence to be 2-3 feet deeper.. that way if they jump.. SNAP goes a leg :)

Tags: