1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really now, how are your eyes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yo-DUH_87, 3 Apr 2003.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Long sighted in one eye, short in the other...
    So for long distances cover 1 eye, and short the other.... works a treat :rolleyes: :p

2. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

20-20 here no problems at all. Just had them tested.

3. Bit-widow

Bit-widow What's a Dremel?

Actually my perschiption has gotten worse! I am now +5 in one eye and +7 in the other! Problem is you are supposed to get most long sighted as you get older so i think i will be looking at the moon but not being able to see 2 feet in front of my face by the time i am 60!

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

was 20-20 a few years ago but now im slightly short-sighted, dont need glasses tho, just that things far away are slightly blurred

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

my eyes are fine. Both screens running at 1280X1024. :rock:

6. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

my eyes are bad....going to get them tested soon, I may have to resort to contacts.....things are blurry at short distances :eeek:

7. pilsl

pilsl What's a Dremel?

I'm nearsighted. I hate having to put in contacts/get glasses out to watch TV or something(It's about 6-8 feet from the couch, so I can't see much without glasses/contacts)

At the time of me getting them checked, the first thing I thought why was because of the computer(I used to have perfect vision). The doctor guaranteed me that hte computer has no effect on eyesight. Not sure how accurate that is, but let's just hope so - dont want it to get any worse ;)

8. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

Quite badly shortsighted, -4.5 and -5 (havn't changed for the last couple of years), my 17 year old brother is even worse at about -7ish. We both always wear contacts and I know alot of my mates don't even know I wear them. It's all my mum's fault, my dad has no problems what so ever. It put my childhood dreams of being a pilot to an end though I am able to look forward to the fact my eyesight should improve when I am old (just when you don't want to be able to see yourself, your wife or the fact that you no longer have control of your bladder)...

9. Butcher

Butcher What's a Dremel?

I have very good eyesight. I think it's around 20 20

10. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

I have glasses butI run at 1280x1024 with no probs

11. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

copy cat :waah: :lol:

12. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

Sue them for enough to get lasek eye surgery to regain your previous sight.

This is insane. I just went over to the optomotrist today and got perscribed glasses. I'm nearsighted (trouble seeing far away). My vision is not terrible. Letters from a distance are a little blurry. Has anyone's vision without glasses improved since wearing glasses?

13. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Well, techincaly speaking, your eye's should NOT get better while using glasses. Your eyes (allong with everything else on your body) automaticaly ajust to new stimuli/objects placed on the body. In fact, if you have perfect vision, and start to wear glasses, you will eventualy require that prescription. Occasionaly after years of wearing glasses, some people have been known to just randomly wake up, and find they no longer require glasses. Or if you go without them long enough, they ajust. The wonders of the human body ehh?

14. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I would think you would have to adjust the amount that you wear them in order for your eyes to maintain the same focus without glasses.

15. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I had forgotten all about this thread :eek:

I busted my glasses about 3 weeks ago, and went in for a checkup, I was beginning to notice my distance getting worse :(

What I found out, is that one eye has actualy improved, which was prety cool. The other is still the same though, meaning that I prety much wear my glasses all the time now :(

I now have a horrible neck ache from sitting at my computer desk straining to see my monitors without my glasses on :(

At least things are getting better! Stinks that I busted my old frames though, this time I went with slightly stronger frames. They are almost an identical shape, but a little bigger. No one has noticed the diffrence yet (without being told, of course) :p

16. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Been a while since I got a formal test, but they said my right was a fair bit worse than my left, which I thought was a crock because I accidently put too much damn pressure on my right eye when the left was getting tested first, which turned my right eye into a blurry mess.

Anyway, let's just say that on a 17" monitor @ 1152x864, I can read the titles any bold text on this forum from the headrest of my bed about 10' away (and in case you're wondering how I know this: I was experimenting with websurfing in bed using this). I'd say that's pretty damn good, although I'm pretty sensitive to sunlight, although I can probably chalk that one up to excessive gaming (is there really such a thing?).

17. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Haven't had any official eye tests but I think i'm 20/20 and have no problems seeing anything despite playing neocron like 6 hours straight every day :)

Finally a smilie which totally fits the topic ... :geek: :D

18. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

My eyesight isn't very good, I am a bit short sighted, but not as bad as my twin sister...

BTW to all these people who go 'I have perfect 20/20 vision', you realise that 20/20 is just normal vision, 'perfect' vision would be something like 20/10 vision - which is better than the norm.

By looking at lots of people, opticians have decided what a normal person should be able to see when standing about 20 feet away from an eye chart. If you have 20/20 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what an average normal person can see from the same distance.

A person with 20/10 vision can see at 20 feet what a normal person can see when standing 10 feet away from the chart, hence that is getting towards perfect - 20/20 is just average and 'normal' :p

19. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i dont know my glasses perscription off the top of my head, but my contacts are -5 and -5.50 ... i can read for very short periods of time, but it gets all migraine-y after a few minutes without em.

20. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

20-20 but I'm a bit colour-blind. It's wonderful to find out that you favourite dark green jumper you've owned for a good 8 months is actually your favourite dark red jumper :rolleyes: