1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really now, how are your eyes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yo-DUH_87, 3 Apr 2003.

1. Sid

Sid Banned

Had perfect eyesight until recently... Found myself having problems reading at distance e.g. the blackboard from the back of a uni lecture theatre. Seems I'm ever so slightly short-sighted. -0.75 in the left eye, -1 in the right. So I have glasses now for uni...or for when I feel like it (I wear them quite a lot now just cause I like them).

I'm also slightly colourblind , apparently . Greens and oranges, I believe. ...Well that's what the test things showed anyway. But no matter how many times people ask me "What colour is this?" I still get it right. Weird.

2. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

bwahaha - i'm sorry, but i that made me chuckle :blush:

3. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

My eye sight is fine but a little while ago i started suffering from headaches which turned out to be caused by eye-strain. So i got given very weak glasses just to take some of the strain off when i'm reading or using computers. I only ever use them when i read now and everything seems to be fine.

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I feel for ya man, i have the same prob, ultra perfect eyesight but im colourblind. Im told its red/green but i dont get it cos i can tell apart red and green easy most of the time.

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i'm near sighted, does that mean my eye-lense is too flat or too curved? my nose could rub the screen and it would still be fuzzy. keep too close for too long, my head might explode... again

6. chopsuwe

chopsuwe What's a Dremel?

I think my vision is fairly normal thanks to dad being short sighted and mum being long sighted.

I think I may have a little astigmatisim in the left eye because it never quite matches what the other eye is focusing on.

7. xwerxes

xwerxes What's a Dremel?

Fatboy

I have the same thing I never could do those colored spots test (where you should find a number) but I can tell the difference between two red things easily (but you never know what if all colors I see is being made up by my mind :eyebrow:)

8. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Yeah, so can I, it's just random tones that I seem to trip up on. It usually is red and green, though both me and my brother have a bit of trouble with purple too :worried: The worst thing is when people find out you're colourblind and say "what colour's this carpet?" and look disappointed when you get it right. :hehe:

9. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

I'm colourblind as well and it always makes me laugh when you tell somebody you can guarantee they'll point to something and say "What colour's this then?", plus you have to explain to people that you don't see the world in black and white :lol:

10. Gambleputti

Gambleputti What's a Dremel?

Meh, I'm short-sighted. Probably due to all the monitor-stearing. I guess I have to get one of those lcd screens since they tend to be "better" for your eyes. I use glasses and have no intentions to start using contacts since it's too expensive and demands too much care.

I wish I could just eat some pills to get my vision repaired, hopefully sometime in the near future. :eeek: :geek: :(

11. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Not any problems at all.. still perfect here... But i'm just 18 .. so maybe it will come with age.. and i'm sure all this computering can't be good for the eyes..

So now I bought a 17" LCD, I heared that an LCD is better for the eyes !

L

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

damn right i've had that for years :grr: You see in colour but you don't know what colours are, they point at an object and say "what colour is that" you know its a colour but you cant say wether or not its red or blue :(.

/shrugs

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

wow, do tie-dye shirts give you guys seizures? :lol:

14. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I'm not that badly colourblind so most things I can tell what colour it is no problem. I know there are people that essentially see in grayscale though.

15. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

mine ain't getting any better. but it's mainly my right eye. getting worse than my left. maybe i should look into a monacle? :D

16. Mightybob

Mightybob What's a Dremel?

i have fairly good sight. I have my res at 1280x960, and i can read it all without a problem. Although my mum cant read anything over 800x600.

17. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

thats cuz its a 14" monitor...

No I have a different vision in each eye. better then normal in one eye and horrendously bad in the other. 130/something int he other eye, But I can see just not recognixe numbers, I may have some sort of tunnel vision or other effect I think I want to gwet it checked out.

18. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I went to the opticians today, i needed to change my glasses, i have been waring them for about 4 years, i was due for checkup, i made an apoinment with the contact lens dudet, she gave me some to try (-1.5 right eye -1.75 left), got em in and out with few problems, so i went home with them, just took them out and everything is a blur, their great much clearer then glasses, gonna be getting some, their not bad at £15 a month too.
    'doc

19. I'm_Not_A_Monster

the worst part of getting contacts was the part where the tech put them in for me the first time, she had long fingernails (not hooker length, but when it comes to eyes, any at all is too long) it took fifteen minutes! now i can take them out and put them in in pitch black conditions, i know due to a blackout at my house. once you reach that point, your in the zone... like when neo stopped those bullets and then blew up the agent... yes, i am a nerd :geek:

20. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

my eyes are the best :thumb: you would love to have my eyes