1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It's how it should be, will. Persevere though. The feeling of pulling off a perfect combat is immense.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I do hope they make this new open world as dark and harsh as possible, it wouldn't feel right being anything but brutal.

As it's fairly common for open world games to have modding, I wonder if they have any plans to open this up for modders to add content.
    Especially with it being the last game in the series, it would be nice for the community to make it live on forever with our own creations.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

What? We are talking about the Witcher 1? Assume correct stance, stand infront of opponent, click, click, click, until they are dead.

I though the combat in the second one was harder even if it was just hit, roll away, hit, roll away etc.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Very much enjoyed the Witcher games so far. I preferred the first to the second, but all in all, I couldn't complain about the second - Dark mode was quite entertaining, and it looked oh so pretty.

I kinda screwed up, though, collecting one of the sets of armour - I needed certain drops from creatures that were abundant until you finished a particular side quest, which was when I found out I needed them... Just a few hours of meditating for the three to spawn, praying, and then repeating >.>

Hopefully number three will be as entertaining.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Witcher MMO plzkthxbai

6. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I fully agree, i enjoy a challenge. Not enough hard games these days.

Yes Witcher 1. Well from my experience of paying one early/late click mess up can cost your life, when fighting hard enemy’s. Only to be thrown miles back to your last save if you forgot to quick save!

7. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

8. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Assassin of Kings is one of my all time favourite games. I expect this one to be just as good!

9. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Expecting it to be closer to dragon age 2 difficulty than the witcher in difficulty.

The witcher 2 is alot easier than the first game ever was so i personally expect this one to be even easier than that as that seems the way with this sort of game right now.

11. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I'm with Da_Rude_Baboon on this one found combat in 1 far easier than in 2 in addition to simpler mechanics the signs were way more overpowered. I find TW2 pretty tricky on harder difficulties with little room for error.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I have started playing TW2 again and combat is definetly harder imo. With out the group stance it is much harder to fight multiple opponents and it loves to mob you with enemies.

13. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Time to resurrect this thread I feel!

Launch date of February 24 2015 has been announced alongside this rather lovely trailer...

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Pants suitably moistened...

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'm still a little nervous about the shift to open world but am very much looking forward to TW3.

Really enjoyed both the previous games and the quality of number 2. Also a big fan of cd project red as a developer, free dlc and when they do the later extended edition, it was free to.

New trailer is great and has encouraged me to replay number 2 for the 3rd time.

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Enjoy following CD Projekt Red.

I find the parallels between them and valve interesting. Although CD Projekt Red is behind the curve, both have developed their own game engine and now a distribution/update platform. CD Projekt Red still stands out as a game developer where Valve is dimming somewhat.

Should be a very good couple of years for CD Projekt Red with The Witcher 3 establishing itself as a true 'next gen' game and Cyberpunk 2077 in the wind. Probably a good time to buy some CD Projekt stock!

19. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Good deals on Steam at the time of writing...

The Witcher 2 for £2.99
    The Witcher for £1.39

These can also be redeemed on gog.com so if you plan to pre-order The Witcher 3 this £4.38 outlay will give you a £5 discount on the pre-order! So free in a round about way! :D

20. Alf

Alf What's a Dremel?

The Witcher 2 is just mind blowing. I can't believe that they can make a game like that, it's crazy just how much you can do.

If number 3 is any better then we're in for a real treat.