1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War Thunder?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

We are too quick to forget that xD

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

unfortunately M8...this is the curse of ALL popular free to play games
    it attracts those with less IQ points than a plank of wood, who don't care how much they suck and simply 'GRIND' all the way to the top ruining countless matches for other people

in WOT and warthunder it seems that most matches are won not by who has the better players...but who has the fewest idiots

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So it's like LOL then... :p

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

It's not a valid point. The devs seem to like hiding behind the wall of "Beta" just to get away with various problems, while it isn't a beta. One does not pay full price for a game, or subscription to help a developer sort its **** out.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

To my knowlege it is still in beta and still free to play from the outset? Most devs wont have the incentive to put a priority on fixing these issues while they have a healthy and more importantly paying player base.

Sadly most gamers are quick to complain but they often don't vote with their wallets despite various protests.

You're right, of course, it is a **** stick to the the face from the devs but it's commonly how it works, especially with these free to play games. Look at world of tank for a prime example.

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Yeah, but they're not offering a discount for the "premium" services, yet claim it's a beta. They're mutually exclusive in my opinion.

7. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I was enjoying this game, having lots of kill streaks and generally a laugh until I played it on my own.

The ramming. Oh god the ramming is annoying.

Apparently also having a go at said rammer gets you branded as a child by the ever so friendly community. At least with WoT your team mates/opponents tend to not be a bunch of c****.

Anyway, it's a pretty decent game if you're playing with someone who will actually wingman. A lot of the kills I've gotten is from rescuing team mates who can't out manoeuvre their attacker.

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm still baffled by how the community and the moderators at their forums are so opposed to input.

9. Marvin-HHGTTG

Agreed.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, after the tiny bit of playing I did this weekend, f********* this game.
    Without mates it's unbearable.
    This happened to me about a million times:

Late in the round, I am engaging an enemy that's attacking our base. I am in a LAGG-3, he's in a Spitfire. That Brit is flying circles around me, so I am having a hard time balancing g-forces and turning speed.
    In come about 14 teammates from all angles (really quite typical in late game), and all decide to take this dude out - the Spitfire was critically damaged at that point. Coming out of a turn, I see a hard-diving (attacking the Spitfire from above) teammate right in front of me. I try to rise above (or duck, or roll pick your poison) to avoid a collision, but the turns just turns into me.
    He calls me a "f**** rammer noob", steals the kill (i get an assist for that), and then rage quits.

Happened to me about 14.3 million times, in several rounds.
    To a point where I lost more planes to FRIENDLIES (also: friendly fire - when my guns are reloading, I get out of the way for the next pilot to continue shooting - other than that, I'll try to accommodate, but if I have a perfect angle, don't expect me to yield just so you can pad your score) than to my mistakes or enemies.

11. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i quite like the flying around in planes dogfighting aspect but the choice of 'pay or grind' has put me off giving it another go. if i don't want to pay for things, i have to grind and fly the same missions over and over in the same planes.

12. matiss

matiss Minimodder

The game itself is wonderful. I wouldnt mind the ramming if it would happen once in a while when you do a heads on with an enemy. But the ammount of ramming, foul language and people that don't get the objective or coordination of the team is annoying the crap out of me. Now I don't mind newbies, don't get me wrong. Everyone starts somewhere and there's always someone better out there that just blows you out of the sky.
    Every now and then I fly a few games. Mostly brits or russians. It became a "I want something else for a moment" game like WoT and MWO for me when i don't like to play my main games.

@"Beta mockerie" Seems to be becoming a common practice if you ask me. I don't mind cause I'm not the person paying 2 win

13. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Considering we all hate the fact there are a lot of pants players, why don't we start our own clan? The support for this is much better than the 3-player platoon system in WoT is it not?

I play on Tuesday nights if anyone is interested?

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Sounds like this shares the same basic problem as WoT...

Namely...

"Hell is other people"

15. Elton

4 Player squads only. Unless you pay through the nose for clan support.

The economy is bollocks given that they use the Beta TM label. I love the engine and the game and the wackiness. but there are some really glaring problems.

My 37mm, needs better hit detection. D:

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

My latest toy, the Bf 109-G6 :D

[​IMG]

Lining up on a formation of B-17's

[​IMG]

Time to show some love in the form of 3 x 30mm cannon and 2 x 13mm machine guns...

[​IMG]

Scratch B-17 number one

[​IMG]

And now bye bye to B-17 number two

[​IMG]

Time scale -

Roughly 11 seconds.

17. Elton

The G-6 is absolutely monstrous. I hven't had much time to play tbh. I'll probably play again when I have enough time and burn out on Skyrim.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

So patch 1.33 has been deployed and I have flown a few arcade battles so far.

Not too bothered about the upgrades/changes you can make that effect performance, in fact I think they are good, as now there is a good reason not to load bombs onto a fighter like the 109. This change gives bomber a proper role again and will give the fighters a good reason to try and protect them.

The addition of more flight models is also positive.

I don't really care about decals, as I never "pimp my ride" if you will forgive the expression.

The degradable weapons, I am on the fence about until I see the impact over the long term.

But what really narkes my goat is how I have lost access to all previous upgrades and have had to repay for them all to a large cost. They are unlocked EXP wise ofc but on just 2 planes I spent nearly 45k getting them back to their fully graded state. So I have gone from having 15 out of my 30 planes fully upgraded to having only 2 and having to spend a lot of money and time going forward to get all my planes back to their previous state.

Gaijan should have ensured that silver lions previously spent on upgrades were refunded when the planes had this type of reset applied to them. At least then, you could choose there to re-apply your upgrades and all your previous effort was not lost.

19. Elton

The FMs are ridiculous. THey're hilariously broken now.

Also, the ammo thing is actually in arcade and non existent in HB. Go figure.

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Hi guys

Anyone got any tips for beginners? I just joined and having some good fun with this, but still a bunch of stuff I don't get.

Specifically, I was chasing an enemy with my basic plane and landing continuous hits, but it just wouldn't go down. Seems impossible with a low lvl plane vs high lvl plane?

What/how should I be upgrading? I just got a hurricane, is it best just to focus on one plane or save all my cash for something bigger?

When can I get a bomber?!