1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War Thunder?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 12 Jun 2013.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

So, I went on to a game earlier, and this is the result:

[​IMG]

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Nice, always good to get hero bomber

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Of course the problem now is the lowered rewards. -_-

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

New favourite tactic in land based battles; as soon as I spawn in arcade, dive. Pick up a tonne of speed and then just skim along the surface until I reach the artillery and AAA, sorted!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I tried the russian reserve fighters... LOL is all I can say.
    Especially the first (Tier 1) unlockable... ROFL. Those MGs are retarded. They literally shred everything, and are rather accurate to boot (engaging artillery from well over a click).

Suddenly, kills and assists all over.

Another technique that works for bombing in Arcade is flying high with something like the StuKa.
    Then dive, ignore the "reduce speed" nanny warning, and drop the bombs early.
    Wait for fighters on your tail, and continue shooting vehicles at low level.

Especially in the earlier tiers, flying high means no-one tries to come for you, since the climb rates on the early planes all blow.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

If you like bombing and russian wait till you get either the BB-1 as it also has 4 of those buzz saw guns or the SB-2M's as they have evil gunners and can rock some decent sized bombs.

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Coming back to this now that I've got folks to fly with.

I really don't like the boat planes... They can't turn for **** and seem to get hit once and you are dead.

Gonna try and level up each country just so I can unlock each one's Iconic planes
    (US - B17, P51 Mustang; Germany - Messersmitt; Russians - Yaks and Migs; Japan - Zeros; British - Hurricane & Spitfires)

What I would do to be able to fly in any of those...

8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

So, is this worth getting in to? Does it support HOTAS?

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

HOTAS?

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well there is joystick support but not everyone is happy with the implementation at the moment. It does have decent options for setting various axis' yourself so I cat imagine its too hard. Ultimately it's free to play so its not gonna cost cost you much to try it out I guess, you ca take planes out on test flights too so you can make sure it's right before actually playing.

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's an excellent game. Good variety in maps and game types. more air craft than you can shake a stick at and an excellent game engine.

Best played with others in your squad :)

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

How about we get everyone on Mumble this weekend and make one big squadron to play?

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Okay, I can't play. Game crashes as soon as I arrive at the airfield upon login. Forums seems to indicate lots of people having this problem :/

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, it's related to high resolutions I think. Margin has more info on it.

16. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

im up for that :)

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Okay, so stepping down to 1920x1080 fixed things :) Controls with a joystick are dodgy at best though - might try with a 360 gamepad.

18. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I get back from holiday on Sunday evening and I'll be on mumble for sure if anyone's keen.

What are people's thoughts on the new economy? Price reductions seem to be good but there's a lot of bitching on the subreddit about repair costs.

I saw that the repair cost of my beloved Spit mkIX has gone up from 4k to well over 20k in HB. How does that make any sense? It's going to be a struggle to play my planes at all now. Either you do ridiculously well every game or you lose money.

Gaijin have a lot of work to do if they don't want to alienate most of their player base. 1.27 was the peak but it seems the messed up economy means they've been losing players since then.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's real problem though, 1.27 was the messed up economy. In 1.27 anyone could reach and purchase rank 10 aircraft in little under a week, that's way too fast. AS it stands now it's getting towards the right way but they've done thing in an under handed way. Purchase gone down, repairs gone up but they've also reduced the rewards levels on a lot of aircraft which just keeps it as it was with the illusion of being better.

If all they'd done was increase repairs and lower purchase it would have been perfect but the changes in what you get in rewards just keeps it as it was in 1.29

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The problem is the inconsistent pricing in HB. Coupled with the reduction in rewards (from 20-40% across the board) and an increase in repair costs led to some outrage.

I found the trophies to be the most awfully planned out idea ever. Rewards for participation but on an arbitrary basis does not supplement the reduction in normalized income. Don't fly the british, they're really bad outsideof the beaufighters.

On the bright side, my beloved Ki-45's 37mm carrier plane is absolutely fantastic with its new DM.

All in all, if Gaijin were to increase the rewards higher than they used to be or back where they used to be, I'd be perfectly happy. I don't mind the repair costs as much as I mind the ludicrous reduction in rewards for kills and objectives.

And the absolute idiocy of randomized "trophies." A 17k boost over 25 games is literally peanuts.