1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War Thunder?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 12 Jun 2013.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I had a round, maybe a week or two ago in the US T-25 and quite literally dodged a bullet on Ash River from a Tiger II, managed to get around him and detonate his ammo rack :D

[​IMG]

2. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Niice! Actually you've just confirmed something I was wondering - whether or not the game runs in 21:9. I'll find out personally tomorrow :)

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I play on 21:9 with no issues. I believe there is a FOV slider too. But I'm not at my computer to confirm that.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I do love playing it on my AOC screen, peeking around corners like a cheeky git :D

Every side has their strengths and weaknesses and there are a few units that I simply just run away from (T-10M, IS-4 and IS-3 being the main ones), but overall, they've done a great job with balancing it all.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Here was a great game from last month with the JagdTiger. I dumped a 300% RP booster into it before the game and for a change, it went well :D

[​IMG]

6. Grimloon

I'm not at the tier 4 stage yet, every side other than British to tier 2/3? Yup! 2 to 3 used to be a fairly harsh jump, as per WoT I tend to stick with the tiers that I enjoy (4-6 in that case but arty so 5-7) rather than push for the max value. Saying that though I've loved the T3 games for the challenge. Yes, I've racked up 300 hours without cracking T4. I blame my "Toddler on a sugar rush" mentality. Squirrel?!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I've clocked up over 510 hours so far.... whoops :p

8. Grimloon

It's an addictive game, more so when you have people to play alongside. I'm definitely up there on the MMO hours for the same reason - who cares about a couple of thousand hours between friends? :p

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i never really put all that much time into this, and never got out of teir 1
    when i played there was a MASSIVE fuss kicked up about the ability to turn off concealment to gain an unfair advantage. the grinding various tanks felt very familiar to WOT and there was little chance i was going to able to put in the enormous time required.
    i was also highly put off by the forums ( i can appreciate alot of whine threads get posted but almost any thread that is even remotely critical of the game disappears shortly after its arrival ( including a thread i posted in about afk players...

basically it all felt like WT suffered exactly the same problems that eventually put me off from WOT and i never really invested much time into it, i still follow a couple of youtubers that post WT content ( like PhlyDaily for instance )

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I think I visited the forums once to post an image for the screenshot competitions that they do and that's it. Generally I stay away from forums that big.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Surprised nobody here has mentioned yet the Sh*t storm currently in the game.

Basically a week or so ago a Large Youtuber by the name of Phlydaily posted a video showcasing someone using an illegal modification in realistic battles ( apparently the mod adds target markers for vehicles and shows what you can / cant shoot through )

Warthunder dev's then demanded he took it down, which he refused ( he simply set the video to private )

and the response from the Devs is summed up in this video

TL;DW

your choice,
    Break the best thing about this game ( realistic battles )

Abuse the Youtube Copyright system to censor anyone talking about anything they dont like

Kinda makes me glad i didnt get back into warthunder ( as World Of Warships ''saved'' me )

Last edited: 30 May 2016
  12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I don't think anyone on Bit pays attention to WT much anymore.

But yeah, I saw this on Jingles channel and... and I'm not ready to give up WT yet. I still enjoy the game, and it's about the only game I can say that about anymore (except spider solitare). While Gaijin are scum (this is not news) and the game is dying because of it, I can separate the developer from the product and enjoy the latter while ignoring the former. I've done the grind and gotten my jets (which I never play) and so I can play it just for fun without feeling the need to buy premium for the grind.

One of the things I really like about the game is that it can be played so many different ways. I can fly fighters if I want to go PvP, or attackers if I want to play PvE, or bombers if I just feel like flying and chilling. There are aircraft I still want to fly and unlock in the game, and some I still want to master. The ability to fly PvE within a PvP environment is a big part of what brought me to the game and I still really enjoy flying attackers and bombing tanks and arty.

I updated it for the first time in forever a week or so ago and enjoyed it some. With the graphical upgrades it's pretty much unplayable on my laptop, even on the lowest settings. I used to play at around 15 FPS on the same system, but with the changes it barely manages 10. Maybe time to fly low tier attackers until I get a new system built.

TL:DR Gaijin still sucks bollocks, but the game is fun

13. Grimloon

OK, that was something I wasn't aware of. I may only play arcade mode with tanks but that's kind of a dick move.

I've tried realistic battles in WT, it's not really for me as I tend to use it as a partial release from stress (partial as 75% of the time I'm on the losing side, sometimes even through no fault of my own!) and having to work out the elevation as well as lead time on a shot isn't something I find relaxing, nor is having to pick the perfect weak spot on the fly rather than using the red/amber/green pen indicator. I still aim for the weak points as being able to wipe out the crew in one shot is rather nice, something I find a bonus over WoT.

However, if that's what many people want then it may be an idea for the devs to respond to it in a slightly more positive manner than threatening someone's livelihood as many youtubers are there as a primary source of income or breaking the game mode that they like. Maybe something like, I dunno, "We're aware of the issue, we're looking in to it". Simple, straightforward and non-confrontational. Support option 1 in effect with a significantly better response from those involved than a duck and cover maneuver.

No, it doesn't affect me directly but it's still, as mentioned previously, a dick move that won't gain them any friends. The RB and SB modes are what have drawn quite a few people to the game so pretty much saying "We don't want to talk about this, we'll slam anyone who does or just break the game mode" is possibly the single, worst approach they can take.

It won't necessarily stop me from playing the game but it may colour any decision I make in the future as to whether or not I give them any money for it (I may, or may not, have run a premium account at times. Including now. It's looking less likely from here onward).

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Yeah, this is kind of a thread necro, but with the new computer up and running I've started playing again.

Historically I've played almost entirely arcade, but for whatever reason, i started out playing realistic and I think i'm going to stay with it from now on. The slower pace is more my style and i'm quite enjoying it. I've been playing almost entirely tier 1s , spading the new planes, and grinding towards various skins and decals. It's nice to just enjoy playing without worrying about grinding out the next plane. I also find I get less frustrated playing RB and just enjoy it more.

Going from 15 fps on minimum settings to 240+ on high is also a much nicer experience.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

A new necro post!

I'm still grinding away on this. Having recently unlocked the Kpz-70 for the Germans and roughly 85K needed for the Tier 6 Bergleitpanzer.

Anyway, here's a couple of snippets from recently (apologies for poor capture quality).

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I liked War Thunder, mostly the airplane mode, but damn there were soooooooo many cheaters.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I've always preferred the Ground Forces side of things myself, purely because there is a bit more 'variety' in terms of gameplay. Even when the odds are stacked against you, you can really turn things around if you're smart. Whereas if you're outnumbered in planes, you're pretty much doomed.

I had a game a few months ago when my team were down to 4 or 5 players, we had about 600 tickets left and I went on a 17-kill spree with a Stug G doing a flanking manoeuvre and wiped the enemy team off the floor and drove them back to their spawn. We won with about 150 tickets or less.

As far as I can remember, I've not really ever come across cheaters, or certainly not in any obvious sense. The killcam for Ground Forces takes away a lot of the "what the hell!?" moments.