1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your next gen Console purchase going to be?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 13 Feb 2013.

?

What are you getting for next gen?

1. Xbox 720

21 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. PS4

21 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. SteamBox

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Ouya

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. A shiny new PC

43 vote(s)
    61.4%
  6. Wii U (or already own it)

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

No it's not. It's terrible. Also, it doesn't even support most Wiimote, and only works with select Bluetooth adapters and drivers. It's very picky. And assuming you have those working, you have a lot of graphical glitches even on popular games, and audio issues.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

GameCube emu is about average you need a massively fast pc to get it going.

Ds games have best emulation. Playstation mega drive Ect are all pretty good also.

Ps2 emu is not available no bios to support the games, wii emu requires alot of custom drivers to get it installed and even then the graphical and audio issues make it not worth your time.

Custom/ unsigned drivers under windows is a major pain for most users even on tech forums.

The best emu support is still for ancient consoles 15 years + your mega drives Ect and not sure i care for anything that old personally anymore.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I agree. And even then with the really old console, it's not perfect at 100% (but this has to do with the unique processors and components that game developers was putting in the game cartridges, and different revision of the design and revision of the chips used and so on.

It's easy for Nintendo to make their Virtual Console on the Wii and WiiU, because they know how everything works exactly, they have all the documentation ('cause at the end of the day, they made the cartridge following the dev specification), the engineers and so on.
    Plus, if a game needs a special tweak on the emulator, this is possible, because each game has it's own emulator. Then here with a emulator for all games, fixing a bug in one game, can break multiple others.

4. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

My ps3 is used for movies and the odd game of tekken and Uncharted with my girlfriend. But other than that its never used. I did have an xbox, modded it and sold it, PS3 was just more of a grown up console imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

PS2 emulation is available, and works well. The caveat is that you need a PS2 in the first place to dump the BIOS to allow it to run. However, once you've gotten over the technical hurdles PS2 games looks pretty damn good when running at HD resolutions (all things considering) - Google Final Fantasy XII emulation images for example.

Emulation is always easier for the console owners - Sony's internal emulators for PSone/PS2 are apparently amazing, but they will never see commercial release, only use on this new Gaikai system for the PS4.

6. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

You can get the ps2 bios on the web. (It's illegal although I think all of emulation is anyway). But if you don't mind, PS2 emulation is great, also SNES and whatever else. There is not much else I would want to emulate for now, the only thing I really feel like I'm missing out on is Red Dead Redemption and a popular new RPG on the PS4/Xbox360 which I wouldn't mind trying (I forgot its name), but it's going to be a long time until I can emulate that.