1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word Cup 2014... I think its Serious.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 24 Apr 2014.

1. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Damn I look good in them

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You really do need glasses :p

3. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Plus extended opening hours... not that I frequent the local hostelries that much - rather get smashed at home and watch it on TV.

Still, another good opportunity for Uncle Woy to show us the tactics he'd honed in Scandanavia during the 1970's:

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Blimey, that was a good 1st half wasn't it?

5. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

It's been great to watch, let's see what happens next half.

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

2-1 Italy. Fair play though, you couldn't have pre-programmed that with any more precision.

Now, what will England do in response?

7. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I loved the way that the entire half-time break, on BBC HD and 5Live, all pundits pointed out that Roy needed to do some thing to protect Baines at LB.... only for the goal to come from Baines having to mark two people at LB. Rather than employing expensive [and seemingly incompetent] assistants for advice, perhaps he should simply buy a radio?

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I wonder which genius at FIFA decided (or got bribed) to choose white letters on cyan background ?
    [​IMG]

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Shame about the result but I don't think England should feel ashamed - there was good attacking play from both sides, it was a good game to watch.

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

M'eh they tried, :clap: I just don't expect a team of cloned superman no matter how much money & expectance gets thrown at it, actually Shaolin Soccer already covered that idea & it was an awesome movie. :D

11. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Scotsman in peace. Thoroughly enjoyed last nights match. I think England have a chance of getting out of that group. I think they will beat Uruguay, tough match is Costa Rica.

Fantastic tournament so far. Lots of great goals too. Cannot wait until I'm in Turkey watching the knock-out phase.

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

any one got any thing to say about the games tonight .

England vs Uruguay, both lost so far.. (I had £35 on Italy, but I think England will do better tonight).

And Japan vs Greece.

Greece odds are sick at 12/5, didn't Greece win the euro a couple years back is this a value bet?

no japan is going to win right/ MU players in mid field etc.

What else..

England, if we cant beat Uruguay lets pack every thing up which we will be right. England favoite there at 20/19, vs Uruguay at 37/13.

I bet bloodly England draws with Uruguay or is that even possible tonight.

Games are kicking off in 50 minutes with Colombia vs Côte d'Ivoire.

Money wise im going to go and flush £25 down the fck toilet on England, and I think its in the AIR that Japan beats Greece but just saying that English, that's not meant to be the way it meant to be in life, Greece is meant to smash up japan right. This is Greece we are talking about.

I'm confused, I think the thing is never BET football. there IS NO gauge or ablity to understand what is going to happen on the pitch.

Any one watching the games or betting?

Not betting England, they are either the greatest footballers in the world for 10 minutes or trash, not dependable.

Im going to bet Japan to Win @ 13/9 @ £50 right , and England to win because they know if they lose they are going to get fck slated properly @ 20/19 @ £25.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Greece did win the european championship a long time ago yes. However as Spain has nicely demonstrated having won in the past is absolutely no indication of future results.

15. maple

maple Minimodder

England 1- Uruguay 2

Now we need Iyaly to beat both Uruguay and costa rica and weneed to beat costa rica may need a good few goals due to goal difference. Dissapointing perforance today though, not as good as Italy one though same result.

16. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

17. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I had £25 on England to win, and £125 on japan at 23/20.

What I would say about foot ball is... I am with you, I will down a bottle of whiskey and talk about how my team is this that and another and how professional footballers earning £300k a week... cant when the ball comes in to them, nudge it

down....

Japan should have beaten Greece, the fck captin getting sent off after 7 mins seals the deal.

Forget betting football... Enjoy it as a pure fan sport. Its unbeatable, maybe over a seaon you can win but single battles for get it.

Japan vs Greeze was going to pay for my x97 asus pro delux which I will still buy end of month but not with the same nice feelng about it.

Football needs a better edge to it, its not a bet able sport it needs to be more real world some how.

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Urgghh. I missed the game on Thursday, what happened?

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

one of the guys where I work put a fiver on spain being the first team home @ 500 -1 ; he`s going to Jamaica for his hols now ;)

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Lucky him.

Meanwhile on the other end of the luck distribution I lost the £20 I had on Bosnia winning their game yesterday due to an inept Referee.

Not like I'm going to starve to death over the loss of £20, but Fifa seriously needs to bring in an extra Ref off the pitch who has all replays available and can intervene.