1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word Cup 2014... I think its Serious.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 24 Apr 2014.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

2. Risky

Risky Modder

I don't think they're quite like that. And no-one riots on the morning after.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Brazil got well and truly smashed..hahahaha brilliant! Not that I care much about the world cup, but hearing they got brutalised is just fantastic. :D

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Some poor ******* on 4chan posted this:

[​IMG]

5. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I guess this is their Euro 96 then.

Still, Germany have a new team sponsor. 7Up.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Minimum salary in Brazil: 833 BRL = 276.36€. Here in Slovakia, in middle of Europe, in EU, it is 352€. Sure, everyone dreams about getting salaries like people in Germany, UK, USA. But that is a bad idea (edit: i mean comparing yourself to the top is a bad idea). Brazil is at similar level than most of Central European post-communist countries, and at better level than the rest of post-communist countries. Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, Bosnia - they all have lower minimal salary than Brazil, and they are in Europe.

Unemployment rate in Brazil is at 5%, a number Central Europe have last seen in the era of communism when unemployment was not allowed at all. The closes to that number is Czech Republic, with 6.5% rate.

The only thing he is right about is criminals, in that Brazil is unfortunately in much worse position.

But other than that, i don't accept his arguments. If he is crying because they got kicked out of a gold match game and they will have instead to play for bronze, how would he feel if the last "big" things would be 3 or more decades away ?

Last edited: 9 Jul 2014
  7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

No doubt they'll all be looking forward to Rio 2016 now with renewed national solidarity...

8. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Eh, close enough. :D

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Comparing incomes between Countries doesn't really work anyway, in the UK for example you may earn a lot, but you also have to consider cost of living, rent for even the most basic flat frequently exceeds 50% of gross income in for example.
    Point is, whatever country you live in, if you are at the bottom of the foodchain you are going to have zero money long before the month is over.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It is unlikely for basic items like food or water to be more expensive in Brazil compared to central Europe. Also you don't need to pay for heating in winter in Brazil, unlike in Europe :). If i have to guess, then it is very likely that real value of the salary is higher in Brazil than in any of post-communist countries. Maybe except the insane customs they have on electronics.

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

jesus a lot of people including myself have put money on Holland tonight, I know at least one person to tell his son how ever he has money on Argentian to give him outs lol... clever move.

Man Argentina are going to have to have some game to beat Holland...

Dirk Kuyt is a beast, he is some player.

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I think the Argies will win it...

14. chilliewillie

chilliewillie What's a Dremel?

holland!!!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S7500 met Tapatalk

15. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

.... 90mins+30 mins.. I have £50 on Holland..

has to be said Dirk Kuyt needs to learn how to take the ball on his left foot and attack and bring the ball up the pich, every time he is breaking right and slowing the game down, big Dirk Kuyt fan but it becomes a disadvantage if the guy plays like that all the time, tie his right foot to e lump of wood or some thing and make him learn the left foot can be a beautyfull thing, were did Dirk Kuyt ever make a long left wing deep penetration run.....

At world cup level do you be able to play on both foot...

Holland saved on the first pent... ****

16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

well argy have beaten Holland by penalty but...

The best final of European team vs south American, both regions be interest in it.

Global final ahead.

Sick sick final, also brazil get a rest bit to get some credit back in defending vs a decent team that will punish them..

Super world cup 204

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I too am expecting Germany to lift the cup, but even a struggling Argentina has an uncanny habit of digging out results against high quality opposition, never mind one that reached the final on merit.

I'm hoping for a high tempo match - both teams have been quick to close down the opposition and force a pass, so it might happen. Of course, the occasion could choke the life out of the match and we could be looking at a snoozefest. However, given the quality of the tournament thus far, that'd be a damned shame.

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

The way I look at it is... Germany is f winning this period, if Argentina win this I will be truly surprised, in the past I have made bets that were so so, Holland vs Argentina with Holland at 15/8

Did Argentina actually beat Holland... did Holland deserve to be at 15/8, nope it was a good bet.
    Brazil are **** and they went up against a team that did not lost a game and had the player of the tournament and were at +380 which is insane hence a £600 bet on them at bloody 15/8

Here we have got a TURELY world class machine of a team vs an good good team with messy.

8/11 is a steal,

If Argentina beat Germany well... I will happyl flush the £250 down the pan and like to witness this because German is not ramping about, they will bring it and then some they want that tittle end of story its theirs already.

Argentina might lose 4-1, any one thought about that....

Poor Argentina... maybe any other year they would have stood a chance... not this year, not this Germany... not happening.

Looking forward to withdrawing my £400 on Sunday, and if not want to see why.

[​IMG]

20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

North Korea made it to the World Cup final! Wait, what?!
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/12/north-korea-made-it-out-of-the-group-stage-wait-what