1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word Cup 2014... I think its Serious.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 24 Apr 2014.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That'd be soooo funny if it were true.

I'm not saying it isn't true, in fact I'm hoping it is. :D

"I'm a little despot, short and stout,
    see my brow furl, see my pout."

BTW, brilliant comment on that article:

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Glenn Hoddle's hair now has its own Twitter hash tag. :hehe:

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

oh no... don't tell me I've got to go and log in and withdraw the needful,

:D

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

thank you Germany! just withdrawn my £90 - from a tenner bet at William hill at the start of the tourney ;)

5. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I was talking to one of my colleges today about betting, we both had money on Germany and both admit that Argentina could have should have and if we are all honest the bet of tournament was seen but not snapped up by either of us.

Think about this.

Brazil played Germany and got smashed 7-1 right.

Holland played Argentina and Argentina did not beat Holland in 90 mins not even 90 mins plus 30.

Yet there they were the bookies giving Brazil as fav over Holland and they were good odds.
    (This is for the 3rd place finish position of the world cup).

Let just say this again.
    The bookies gave brazil as favourite over Holland for 3rd place.

What was the score? brazil 0 - Hoilland 3.

Did any one see that coming, yes of course.... what brazil was all of a sudden going to fix its self and defeat a soild Holland that actually deserved to be in the final actual.

That lady's and gentlemen is FREE MONEY that we lost,

There is a guy called Phil Galfond who is a super poker player, he said once if you see a huge edge or a big big edge right you HAVE to take a 3rd of your roll to the side and take a chance there.

If you got 20k in the bank to play with and you didn't have 2,3,4 k on Holland vs Brazil.... and you are a betting man and made bets during the world cup... then you were off sleeping when free money was on the table.

Me I had money on fender finals (loss), Colombia vs brazil (loss), Holland vs Argentina (loss), a win vs argentina in the finals but it was a flip.

I should have saved all that money and put it on bloody Holland vs Brazil and the bookies were giving good odds man on Holland

There are guys out there that must have smashed that line up.....
    Oh and if not already said, Holland smashed brazil 3.0....

Also sorry to say it how come now one in this thread said any thing about Holland vs brazil and how Holland was worth a play...................?

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

No offense mate, but do you even read what you type ? What have you written probably makes sense only to one person - you.

Also, GER-ARG was not a coin flip. It was filled with lots of referee mistakes, starting with a missing red card for Garay right there in 15th minute for that murder attempt... i mean elbow knockout. Not even talking about 2 or 3 second yellow or red cards (hitting Schweinsteiger in the face, double foul from behind against him,...).

In short, if the referees would actually do their job, then there would have been no game for Argentina whatsoever, because they would have played with 10 players since 15th minute.

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Why is it we only ever hear about can't-lose bets after it's too late to bet on them?

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

yeah but that's not what happened, you me him over there all did the math on it.

Brazil (totally degen lost it) vs soild players Holland and brazil were favs...

Holand was not worth a play there? come on man,

Also faugusztin there is not arugement here im thanking my bank on the result but I'm being honest to say that I saw this bet, I processed it, KNEW the outcome ... but did not make a £250, £500 play on Holland.

Was Holland worth £200 of our money of course......... did any one make that play no, we all got side tracked into the main activity etc.

Obviously Holland was going to smash brazil............and the bookies layed Brazil STILL as favrfioute like some kind of inside job criminal stuff going on,, fixed stuff.

Holland just gets off the pitched with argentina stretches them to no end right and then they are UNDERDOG vs not even worth mentiomning braizl.

and also hind sight is 20 20 vision but I will do it.

The result was 3 nilll to Holland.

It leaves a bad taste in the month......... it was a given,

Could brazil have turned every THING around, and played Holland and beat them 1-0, 2-0 yes they could of, but was it fck likely no not at all, in fact it was impoissible they were a broken defeated team and these points count for a lot in betting.

Don't start talking about yellow and red cards im talking about sensible betting plays.

No one here said, oh guys you want a free 780ti, or an oculas rift, lay Holland vs brazil bookies have it wrong.

3, nill guys....

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

There will be a lot less hugging on the field when someone scores. :p

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Sorry to have just re-post what ive just posted but I think people are stuck in other games in the thread which is fine.

My point was Holland vs Brazil was a wise play and them being under dogs was not valid at all, this was born out by a three nill smashing by Holland and we all lost money.

That was point, not very complicated, honest yes.

we should have all bet our shirts on Holland to deal with brazil for 3rd.

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

And definitely none of the Podolski-Schweinsteiger bromance :eeek:

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Hindsight is a great thing, but the big problem is that it is not available before the game - betting is a gamble and you will end up loosing more than you win.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

It's amazing how we hear about these sure thing bets, but those who post about them rarely put their money where their mouth is :D It's all well and good someone saying that they knew something was a cast-iron guaranteed moneymaker, but if they were so confident, surely they'd have put every penny they had on it?

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

tell that to one of my friends that walked into the bookies and placed a ( slightly drunk ) £10 on Spain to be the first team out

15. Risky

Risky Modder

When Russia play another 11 masked players will appear in the opponent's half, but the referee will deny they are on the Russian side.

If the results in other games in their group go agaisnt them it will be blamed on nazis and they will demand a new result.

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Well, according to William Hill at least Germany will win both Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018, they only offer 11/4 and 5/1 respectively for Germany winning them outright despite the recent demonstration of Spain that past results aren't a reliable indication of future results.