bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Apr 2011, 16:31   #1
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Project M8 (CaseLabs M8 workstation mod) COMPLETED! Final pics on page 33

Hello there, and welcome to project M8!

The idea:
The idea came when i first saw a post on overclock.net, where a person named Jim showed some prototype pictures of a new case lineup. The company he started was named CaseLabs, and they specialize in high end enthusiast watercooling cases. I knew that this was a case that was build to house a HUGE watercooling system, and wanted to see how far i could push it. Jim was generous enough to offer sending one of his cases all the way to Denmark for me to play with!

The watercooling:
I will put a lot of time into creating a watercooling loop that is simple, silent and easy to fill and bleed. My latest project PC-Beto had its flaws with the watercooling, one being that it was compact, and components was pretty tight screwed together.

Components:
Case:
CaseLabs M8

watercooling:
3*360 mm radiator
2*laing d5 vario pumps
Bitspower fittings

More components will follow as i figure out what to put in

And now, lets get to the fun part! This project is going to progress slow since school and other stuff is taking up a lot of time, but i will try to update it on a regular basis! But on to some pictures, since half of you dont read this anyway

Enjoy!

Full review of the case:
http://www.itrends.dk/31638/

First, some pictures of the case itself:

As you can see the case is absolutely HUGE and will have plenty of room for loads of watercooling and hardware!

I will be using this combo of pumps and bitspower fittings, and the first update you will see sometime next week will be the mounting of the two pumps to the radiator.

This combo will sit in the psu compartment in the bottom.

Still havent decided weather to use the EK reservoir, or to make one myself. (am i the only one that think that picture want to dance with me?)

For ease of acces, i will use these awsome QDs. They are 100 times better to work with than other QDs you can get, and only spill about 1 drop when disconnected.

And just to give you a clue to what the general theme will look like

I hope you will enjoy this project, and i sure look forward sharing it with you!

-p0Pe

A great thank goes out to the sponsors of this project, Jim from caselabs for sending me the case, Vincent from bitspower for providing me a huge load of fittings, Gareth from Corsair for sending SSDs and RAM, and Daniel from Coolbits for providing watercooling parts!

Last edited by p0Pe; 13th Dec 2012 at 23:53.
p0Pe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2011, 16:39   #2
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
YAY! subbed!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2011, 16:44   #3
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Verry nice !!!

/Got me some front row seats here !
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2011, 16:49   #4
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh yeah, I'm watching this one.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2011, 13:01   #5
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Thank you all

Man... I am behind schedule before I have begun lol! Just got a call today that i cant use the schools machine shop before after the easter vacation -.- The plan was to machine the pump holder today, but i guess that have to wait

But to give you something to look at, here is the design for the pump holder:

Could be doable with a hacksav, and some files but i also cant get the material before after easter -.-
Old 15th Apr 2011, 13:24   #6
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I don't know wether to ask how big the pump is, or how small your aluminum part is!

Look biiiig!
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Old 15th Apr 2011, 13:25   #7
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
I don't know wether to ask how big the pump is, or how small your aluminum part is!

Look biiiig!
Quote:
This should answer it
Old 15th Apr 2011, 13:43   #8
Baekkel
Picky Picture Villian

Baekkel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
awesome case!! nothing less.
it should take very good care of your heated components, AND your weary ears.
the design, imho, looks like something that could hold a high eff, low noise, watercooling OverKill kit.

And with the case in the hands of THE PoPe.. what could ever go wrong.

One things for sure, my eyes are on this one for sure.

Mods: Mini-ITX MC/MF
Baekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2011, 14:16   #9
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Heh... They DO say I'm blind!

Just had a thought!

pOPe we should make a watercooling company. Mostly because of the name.

pOPe & Angel introduce "Holy Water" ---
Old 15th Apr 2011, 14:37   #10
p0Pe
gief cake?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! ****!ng LOL!

That WOULD be fun though
Old 15th Apr 2011, 16:53   #11
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:20   #12
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
hmm, CaseLabs... never heard about them. new competition for mountain mods? looks interesting anyway
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:23   #13
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
I LOL'd hard.

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:49   #14
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice refrigerator!
@Angel - I don't need dots to see everything all swimmy-like.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 19:35   #15
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
No pics of work in progress = not a project log. Moving for now...

Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 17:55   #16
p0Pe
gief cake?

Ahhh That would explain why i couldnt find the thread.

Fair enough though. Will update when i get working in the metal shop
Old 9th May 2011, 16:59   #17
p0Pe
gief cake?

And it begins!

Remember this? That was the project of the day

First, i had to mill down a 10 mm alu plate, since i did not have any 5 mm lol! Then bolting them together, and went to war with the mill.

As you can see, i just printed out the cad drawing, and used that as reference.

And on it went. Luckily this mill got "autopilot" so that I can just set it to move at a certain speed, and comfortably take my pictures.

For the detailed parts, I had to use a smaller bit, and then just fill the edges.

Finished middle pieces. The one on the right have been glasblasted, but will need to have another go.

And this is how they mount on the pumps.

And how they mount on the radiator! I will put some rubber pieces under each end to dampen vibrations. Once all of this is mounted I should have a great pump setup

And the finished result. Only need to weld it, and then grind it down again, give it another go in the sandblaster and maybe paint it, yet to be decided

I must apologize for the lack of updates, but exams are coming up at school, and there is quite a few things to do
Old 9th May 2011, 17:40   #18
Angel OD
Pump Killer

NICE!

Finally some action in this worklog!

I hope you know how to weld aluminum, because when it goes wrong... IT GOES WRONG!
And those "legs" you are going to weld on the beam are very thin!
Old 11th May 2011, 09:14   #19
p0Pe
gief cake?

Hehe, i am going to let the welding be done by someone who is good at it I have not tryid it that many times yet, and am afraid that i will fail horibly

Should have pics up later today !
Old 11th May 2011, 11:41   #20
NavidsonRecord
Where the bloody hell are ya'?

NavidsonRecord has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very cool!

|| ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme, Intel i7 950, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3-2000Mhz, AMD Radeon 5870 1GB ||
|| Patriot Inferno 120GB SandForce SSD 2x Western Digital 640Gb raid 0, Western Digital 1Tb ||
|| Apple MacBook Pro 13" Aluminium ||
NavidsonRecord is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode