1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Noir was ****ing awful. Stupid characters, stupid setting and annoying music that only played when they did something :p

If you want a "school anime" the ONLY one to watch is School Rumble - Quality show!! I will have to dig out whether I've got all of Season 2 cause I've just noticed someone subbing it again \o/

I haven't seen many good animes lately, it's just the same old **** recycled - I spose I burnt it out after watching it the last few years.

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I took a haitus a few months back. But now it's been downloading regularly seeing what different shows are like. I tend to get my stuff on Baka-Updates. They have nearly every subber group, and their info if available (IRC channels, Website links, and anime listings). Elfen Lied and Gantz are the reasons I went on haitus with anime. Between those two shows I couldn't stand to watch anymore gorey shows (and it's why I've yet to watch Claymore), and it was hard for me to watch an anime and not start thinking back to Elfen Lied.

The new Gundam started. I forgot to mention Code Geass was decent. The plot twist is screwed up as hell though.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

School days was good
    I was glad when Sekai killed Makoto, He realy deserved it. but Sekai been murdered aswell :waah:

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I hear Seirei no Moribito was good. Anyone watched it?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you like a good bit of classical - Grab yourselves Evangelion - 1.0 You are not alone (Shiro Sagisu). Awesome set pieces.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923811/

Fans say yay, so it might be worth looking out for, not that I'm a real Eva fan at all mind. EDIT: First of FOUR Movies - talk about milk the franchise! Jeeeez.

6. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Yeah tell me about it. How many times, and how many variations, of the ending are we going to get for Evangelion? Good series, they just need to let it sink into it's classic status instead of trying to renew it so much.

7. Snowball

Snowball Star Gazer

It is^^ It was so good I've started following the manga now that the show is over.

8. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

Cool like Berserk then. Does the Manga start from where the series finishes?

9. Snowball

Snowball Star Gazer

Manga chapter 60 = Ep 23+. Ep 24-26 have no basis in the manga whatsoever.
    If you watched 24-26 pretend they didn't happen^^
    If you didn't - skip them they aren't very good.

The manga is really great. I don't really like manga very much but I'm currently checking the scanlators group every week for updates^^

10. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

where do you get the claymore books from?

Too late about the episodes used to watch them religiously from eclipse.

11. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

yes, it was awesome :D it was easily my fave series of the summer animes :D wooo.

ive got 23 new series to check out, all new autumn/winter animes, im thinking only a few are gunna be worth carrying on though.

12. malikdrako

malikdrako Minimodder

bleach exile has claymore + a bunch of others on its online manga reader

13. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

Cool thanks!

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What's Seirei no Moribito about?

15. charlesbeams

Plot Summary: Balsa the spearwoman is a wandering warrior, who takes on the task of saving lives, in atonement for a past sin. On her journey, she happens to save a prince, and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. And he is going to need one, for his own father, the emperor, wants him dead.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hrmmm oook, thanks. Who animates it? Well written? Who subs? :)

Sounds almost exactly like quite a few things I've seen before, the first thing that comes to mind is Scrapped Princess. That was actually mildly entertaining.

17. charlesbeams

yeah, the story is fantastic, and the animation is awesome too.

Production I.G ;) the same guy directed Ghost in the Shell, so that alone makes it a must see. err Anime Kraze do subs.

Tags: