1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Customer rights when sent wrong product

Discussion in 'General' started by Cyprio, 20 Dec 2007.

1. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Not sure where to post this but wanted some feedback on my customer rights.

I just received delivery of what was advertised as a G0 SLACR Q6600 Quad core... it turns out to be a B3 SL9UM.:wallbash::grr:

Stupidly i didnt think to check before i opened the box and took some pics in my excitement of getting it. Have emailed them about it as i was 10th in queue on phone customer services.

You reckon they will make a big deal out of the fact i opened the CPU box?

ps dont worry its not Scan as i would have posted in their forum! :)

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

well, you opened it, which means they can trash it since no customer will accept a non factory sealed product.

but, if you threaten them enough that you would go to the media that they do false advertising i bet they will exchange it for a G0 with no hassle.

3. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

If they send you a product you didn't order, legally you can keep it. My interpretation here (as a NON-LAWYER) is that they've sent you one you didn't order, and have sold-but-not-sent the one you did. Therefore you would be doing them a favor by returning it at all. Whether that's entirely true or not I have no idea ;)

I had something similar recently where I was sent the wrong mp3 player. It was the 2gb model instead of the 4gb, and I didn't notice until after opening it. There was no problem sending it back though. If these people are any good they shouldn't cause trouble; after all it was their mistake in the first place.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

It doesn't matter whether you open the product or not, you are well within your rights to send it back and get a full refund or have the item replaced. It is illegal under the Distance Selling Regulations for a Internet/mail-order company to charge you a restocking fee, it is also illegal to refuse a return because the packaging was damaged when you opened it.

5. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Cheers guys.

Just spoke to their customer services and i am RMA'ing it. :)

6. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Cheers Quack - did some Googling and found what you are talking about.

Taken from DSR:

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You can return it. Essentially they sold you the wrong product.

8. quack

quack Minimodder

YW. The Distance Selling Regs are pretty damn useful. :)

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The DSR's were a great piece of legislation imho - it makes things which were already the policy of many online stores (the good ones at least) the law. :D

Tags: