1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

LOL. It's not that sharp.

2. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Ooo.. those knifed edges are hot!! Looks _much_ better this way, and it looked damn good to begin with.

Hmm.. I'm thinking that the center disk needs something more... perhaps a ring of polished alu around the edge, that would look really cool!! But it would probably be a bitch to make since you have to bend it too. Unless.. you make it flat but a little bit thicker, and then file out a rounded grove in the acrylic+alu disk on the down facing side to make it fit the shield.

3. tribaloverkill

I'm with you on the middle disc. I'm going to get rid of it. I though about doing something with aluminum too. We'll see whats happens.

4. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Damn that looks good, especially the edges :thumb:

For the middle disk, it looks a bit like a large coat button (which in this case isn't the look you want :hehe:), I'm sure you'll come up with a cool solution for it which I'm looking forward to seeing.

This is rapidly coming my favorite project log, keep it up.

Darkened

5. tribaloverkill

I was thinking more like a melted jelly bean,... I do something else with it.I think I do something with aluminum. Maybe ill just make an aluminum something to go on top of it. I dont know.

6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

that is so slick.

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Amazing work, exactly the kind of thing I don't have the patience for, which just makes it even more impressive. :brrr:

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

An aluminum something for the button...
    Does that mean a SPIKE? That would work nicely.
    Sharpening the edges was a nice addition.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You know about how you did the two chambered resevoir which you filled with green and blue coolant which when turned gave a blending effect, well I had a though:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure exactly how it would turn out, you could also do a full 360 degrees center wall twist.

Just a thought.

Love your work!

10. tribaloverkill

@Ending Credits - This guy----> brinkdinges,... made something like that already. He didnt get it to seal making it a dual chamber. He knows that I plan on doing it myself, making it a dual chamber:) I know how I will do it too. Can't wait. Would look so hot.

@ cheapskate - Dont think I will make a spike. It will either be a simple aluminum disc that is a bit smaller then the tinted button or i'll make a small design or something. I kind of like the disc idea though with the aluminum.

11. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Hey, you remembered :) I would really like to see two sealed chambers, I know you can do it ;)

12. tribaloverkill

Pre-update. I had to come home eary because I didnt bring the DayWalker font with me! ARGH!

Jan-07-2008

Cheapskate this is for you man,... or anyone who turn cuts with a drill press. This is something you all should be using,...
    [​IMG]

It's a,... something. It's kind of like a nut that the drill press can hold.
    [​IMG]

Piece of acrylic with a bold and a washer.
    [​IMG]

The other side.
    [​IMG]

The nut thing installed.
    [​IMG]

In the press. The way it works is that when you are cutting,... it's tightening. It wont tighten so much that you cant get it off or even breaks but what i'm trying to say is that it wont loosen up:) If you cut with drill press using regular nuts,... you know what I mean. Also,... this will help prevent bending the bolt too. It works so damn good! I'll be using this for now on.
    [​IMG]

Here's my new coat button! Looks so much better! I made both of these with that new nut thing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Made my own little dollies,... it's funny, they look kind of like,....
    [​IMG]

Moving on,... This is a practice run. This will be a stake:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lets do it!
    [​IMG]

Ok,... rock on!!?!?!
    [​IMG]

Huh?
    [​IMG]

The stakes. I have to draw the text on them still. They will look a lot narrower once rounded.
    [​IMG]

The Hell Glaive.
    [​IMG]

This explains the A.C.R.S.T. on my table,... it was the marker. It's alive. Swear.

Anyways,... im going back to the studio when im done here. Also,... im calling out of the work tonight so I can spand some more time in the studio. I want to finish this reservoir tonight.

13. tribaloverkill

I dont forget;) Well,... sometimes I do. If I do, put me in my place:)

14. rytmehunden

rytmehunden I love glory and fame

Very nice (and i mean NICE!!!) mod you got going here.. i have walked past it like 20 times now just haveing to see it again and again..

Also thanks for your videos. You are indeed educational to listen to!

You know what?
    I bet if there ever was to be a TV program concerning modding, you would be the natural pick for the host! :clap:

(Imagine.... LIVE ON FOX!!! TRIBALOVERKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL WILL BE HOSTING THIS SHOW... OUR GUEST FOR TONIGHT: BRITNEY REARS, PARIS HILTON AND BRIDGITTE BARDOT! BE SURE TO WATCH FOX BETWEEN 20-22 TONIGHT!! )

Would be a nice one :lol:

Sorry for lameness etc in this post, but most of it is actually quite serious :D

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:hehe:Britney Rears! Nice typo! That was deliberate!:hehe:

So the nut for the drill press...Is it counter-clockwise? The problem I had press turning was that the bolt would spin out of the chuck if there was too much cutter grab.

Edit: Never mind. -Dyslexia kicking in...

Last edited: 7 Jan 2008
  16. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

It has to be. Otherwise he would have just made it himself :D

17. Teyber

Teyber ******

holy smokes tribal! that resevoir, meh (jk :p ) But the stopmotion: whwere did you ever learn to do that? must have taken forever!

keep it up tok

18. tribaloverkill

@ rytmehunden - Dude I want my own show on TV. No joke. I'm trying. I mean,... right now im not trying but I will be. Once I get all the video equipment I need to make REAL movies. Those movies I will be sending the most of the TV networks. I will do what I can to get thier attention.

@ cheapskate - It's clockwise. My chuck turns counterclockwise and im sure your does to. This thing will prevent the nuts from loosening up while cutting.

@ teyber - Stop motion is easy man:) only took me about 20 minutes. I want to make more stopmotion videos. With spongebob:)

I have an update! ITS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. tribaloverkill

WHAT AN UPDATE!!! I learned something new about myself! I'm pretty decent at shaping of aluminum. I mean it was my first time and I using using S@#$ tools too. But yea. Check it out! Your cream your panties! You've been warned!! OH,... AND NO SKIMMIN THROUGH THE PICS!! You knuckleheads better look at every pic and read my S@#$! LOL.

Jan-08-2008

My stakes. Etched into the aluminum.
    [​IMG]

I need to spend some extra time on the scroll saw cutting out that text. I cant reach those narrow areas with the little files.
    [​IMG]

Right off the scroll saw, swear. You see how clean the text looks! Took my time. Used the blades like a file and cleaned the text up good.
    [​IMG]

Filed and sanded:) Notice the two gooves I didnt cut on each stake? I'm saving that till after I shape them. That area is going to be weak and might break.
    [​IMG]

Shaped! Won't lie,... that was kind of hard. I mean I dont have the right stuff to be doing this and the text made it hard too. A lot of weak spots. Was very careful.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I cut the grooves.
    [​IMG]

Very nice.
    [​IMG]

Sanded.
    [​IMG]

That looks so damn cool!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Polished!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pre-view! OMG that looks great!!! This turned out better than what I pictured it to be!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh I cut myself by the way. I cut it with a sanding disc!!! There was an 1/8" lip of disc that wasn't covered by the pad. It was like a grinding blade,... it was the most awkward feeling thing,... being cut with a grinding something eeew. It's pretty bad,... it's 1-1/6"L x 3/32"D,... I measured.
    [​IMG]

Buy one get one free:)
    [​IMG]

I'm making the acrylic backing,...
    [​IMG]

Drilled throught eh acrylic and bolted it the the aluminum for shaping.
    [​IMG]

See.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

All done. Eye candy shot from here on in,...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You need to make a case to show off all this.