1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

now that is FRIKKIN AWSOME man :rock:

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That little booger just screams: "DO NOT TOUCH!":D
    I love it, but I -must- see how you will get the bend in it.

4. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

wOw!!! That's crazy SICK DUDE!!!

5. tribaloverkill

@ Cheapy - I'll get a video of me bending it,...

@ Qhs - I bet you cant wait to see what I'm going to make for you:) It's not going to be like this but still it's going to look crazy good for its theme. Just wait a see,...

6. tribaloverkill

Small updat. Didnt get much time to work on the reservoir,...

Jan-01-2008

I bent the hell glaive over the reservoir,... it turned out nice. It's not what I wanted but this is fine. What I wanted wouldnt have looked good with this design. Still needs much work.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So DB decided that he only wants to use the sFX reservoir for this build. He said he wants to use the other two for future builds. I still have to make shields for the two smaller ones. But first I will finish DB's res and Qhs's res too. Also,... my Hell glaive design is going to be used elsewhere on the case too. Geno already simplified the glaive but I am going to simply it myself. I have to do that at work tonight and have it ready for geno first thing in the morning! ARGH! lol. It's all good though.

Here's a quick video I made. It's crappy just like the rest of them. But it's entertaining,... a bit, at least i think. I dont know, just watch it.

7. Cheapskate

Oh HELL! It looks even better wrapped around the res!
    -That's kinda what I thought you would do to bend it, but I half expected some crazy trick.:D -Like a pipe, some half-circle blocks, and a vise.

8. tribaloverkill

Thanks man:) It does look awesome. I like how it kind of looks like it goes all the way around the res,...

9. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Nice video! I love the pointers about metal fatigue and about moving the piece stuff. This is what I love to see.. how magic is worked! 8D¨

Btw, nice background music... I especially like the sound of the very last one... which artist - song is that?

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Hell, I would've expected some evil chanting, baby sacrifices and supernatural metallurgy! :rock: :hehe:

Tribal, the res-shroud looks friggin' awesome. Top-notch work, as usual. By the way, regarding your vid... anyone ever told you that you and Sean Penn may have been struck from the same mold? :thumb: Your mannerisms seem similar, ahahha. Merely an observation. I meant that as a compliment, by the way!

Keep up the killer work, man. I look forward to the next update.

11. tribaloverkill

Thanks guys:) You guys have to see this thing all polished up! It polished up real quick and very well too! I'll show you how I did it when I post my update when I get home.

I still have to make the center disc thing. Plus I'm thinking about make a quick base that has day walked on one side and ACRST on the other.

@EEL - I would have to check out some sean penn action to see what you mean:)

12. tribaloverkill

Update.

Jan-03-2008

This is how I polished the shield up. It's a huge roll of cardboard:) This will keep the buffing wheel from catching a edge, ripping the shield out of my hands and destroying it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Worked very well:) Didnt take all that long either:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am starting to not like these top brackets all that much anymore. I know I can do better then this s@#$! ARGH! But for now it's good enough.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Damn thats hot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still have to make the center disc thing. Thats easy. I'm actually contemplating whether I should make a bottom shield thing with names on it,...

13. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

QFT :rock:

Now that is a hard decision. There is no really good place to put the names since the Hell Glaive design is perfect. Maybe place it on the center disc thing? :confused:

14. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah What's a Dremel?

Wow this ist just to f%$ing sick and nice ;) like my bro says : you`ll need to build a real nice cool mod to fit this in otherwise it would just not work.

Keep it up mate and i`ll say it again sick sick sick :)

15. Cheapskate

How about a backplate behind where it mounts to the computer?
    It looks like a prop from Blade5.:D

16. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

that is f@$#king crazy. It reminds me of t2, and i definitely wanna see the case to match this res, not to mention all the components that also match this res :jawdrop: I hope one of the resolutions for '08 is to finish the res :D

17. tribaloverkill

I think I'm going to my some stakes to go on the side of the res. I want to round them so they look kind of,.... round:)

18. tribaloverkill

only being about to spend about 3 - 4 hours a day doing this stuff,.. i hope to finish them in 08.

19. tribaloverkill

Quick update,...

Jan-05-2008
    I knifed some of the edges to make the blades look like blades, sharp that is. I have to do some touch up work in some areas. These areas look kind of serrated.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also made the center disc that is suppose to hold the blades togther. The two discs are held togethre with a clear acrylic peg I made.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still have to make the stakes that will go on each side. I have off from work tomorrow so I will be doing that all day and night till it's done.

20. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

they look sharp. whis is a good and bad thing. when i think about how sharp they look i imagine some wire or tubing rubbing up against it and getting cut.
    but it does look sick.(in the best way possible)