1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Tech Unis

Discussion in 'General' started by cyberman256, 29 Mar 2008.

1. cyberman256

cyberman256 What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I've just been accepted to do Business IT at LSBU (London South Bank) and I was just wondering what other people at Bit Tech are doing at uni??

Does anyone else study IT or anything similar - are we all geeks! lol.

:clap:

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Of course we are all geeks!

Just not all in IT.

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I did I.T.....

4. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I'm doing an MEng in "Computer & Electronic Systems" at Strathclyde Uni. Its a joint course between EEE and Computer Science

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Never did any IT courses at school, college or UNI.

Just one measly C++ Unit for my HNC.

Now I look after teh websites for 3 global car manufacturers!

6. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Starting in the fall, haven't decided on my major yet, probably something computers related.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

BSc in Software Engineering, finishes May 16th, start job at IBM 31st August.

EDIT: University of Teesside

Last edited: 29 Mar 2008
  8. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Commercial aviation at University of North Dakota.

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

English Language Linguistics and Creative Writing. I also studied Psychology for a year, both at Lancaster University.

Ironically I only got a D in my ICT A-level. I knew I would though, I got a C in the first year but I had to bust a gut to do the coursework (about 107 pages was the average length in my class I think) and started to hate it. I decided in my second year of A-Level that it wasn't worth punishing myself that much again to do a longer piece when I'd just be jepordising other topics I knew I could do better in. I knew I could do ICT, but I didn't see it as being worth that level of effort. It was a good trade for me though, I went from a B at English Lang AS and a C in ICT AS to a D in ICT A2 and only dropping five marks in the entire A2 English Lang course. :D

10. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

doing BSc Artificial Intelligence and Robotics at Aberystwyth Uni :) its a sorta comp sci/electronics/physics degree

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

BSc in Applied Computer Science at Reading.

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

doing Business Management @ the lesser Oxford University... unless you're researching History, Geography or one of the social sciences

13. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Artificial Intelligence @ University of Southampton, work at a software house now, but going back to do a masters in Web Technology (or maybe straight CompSci, haven't decided) in October.

AH

14. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

BSc (Honours) Information and Communication Technologies @ OU

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I didn't get a thing of what you said in the 2nd half or your paragraph haha

I am studying in Network Management at College Édouard Montpetit on the south shore of Montreal. College here is different than most places as it is an alternative to university OR a gateway to uni, depending on your plans.

Whenever I read on computer related forums about what people study, I feel like everything they do is more complicated and advanced than me. Is this true ? Over the last two years I have learned C#, ASP, WSH, BASH scripts. I worked with Active Directory to set up, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, WINS, and other types of servers I don't even recall at the moment. I am currently learning IIS and everything that is related to it. I am also working with SQL (SSMS,no words on apache so far) as well as the crappy Access which we started with 2 years ago.

This semester includes my first class about 'security' in general. My teacher is a pro in this domain. Last month there was a 'hacking competition' here in Montreal at the ETS, the biggest and most advanced university in high technology studies in Montreal, and the final year members of my program won the first and second place. Teams from all around Canada, USA and France were there... it's pretty unbelievable that my college won haha. Anyway I don't know much about security so far but I guess it shouldn't be too long

I am also taking Cisco classes and I should eventually be certified at some level. I know it doesn't mean much anyway

Thinking back, I will have learned a LOT during those three years, but I still feel like I don't know **** compared to some of you guys :)

16. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

I did Film and Television in Aberystwyth, but did some computing modules in the first year - 'Introduction to Computing' and 'Artificial Intellegence' were the easiest modules I did throughout my three years. AI especially - I got 100% for the module as it was only a multiple choice exam

Last edited: 29 Mar 2008
  17. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

doing an animation Ba at bristol uwe, in my 2nd year

18. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

working my ass off as a forklift driver in the weekdays.. Then i scheme to take over the world during the weekends

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Masters in Medicinal Chemistry at the University formerly known as UMIST, now it's just a part of the University of Manchester.

Then I did a year of PhD in firing lasers at bones at UCL before deciding it was crap.

20. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Not there yet but soon I'll be studying physics at Exeter.