1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zalman GS1000

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 9 Jul 2008.

1. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Once you go Lian Li, you never go back. And it's a shame that didn't rhyme but that doesn't take away from the truth of it. :p

2. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

I don't know how people can consider a $200 case "mid-range." $200 for a graphics card is mid-range, but $200 for a case when you can get a $50 Antec and get similar results is asinine. $100 is mid-range. $150 is higher-end. $200 is extravagant and unnecessary.

Just how much disposable income do you people have?

3. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

LiLi's are always a good thing to see (well, except that hideous Armorsuit... :duh:)

4. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Heh, i'm the complete opposite :p

lack of a reset button is not an issue at all: just hold down the power button a few secs to turn it off then hit the power button again ;)
    absolutely none of the PC's at work have reset buttons and i've never missed them.

Power LED: meh, not a biggie, actually unplugged the one on my PC at home as it was too bright

HDD LED: huge problem for me, it'd drive me bonkers not having one. It's about the only way you can tell if a program has frozen or simply still loading :p
    I even went to the trouble of soldering LED's to my raid controller card as it didn't have the connector for the activity LEDs present :lol:

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Oh, how one wishes the Lian-Li PC-A20 were here already... Zalman seems to have gone the way of flashy (and fugly). Once they started fitting every new cooler with LEDs you just knew things were going downhill. And this is "case in point" (pun intended)... :(

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya finally Zalman release a great looking case unlike those Fatality cases ~_~

7. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

I really hope you're joking.

8. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

I think ill stick with my £55 lian li. Much better looking, built better, half the price.

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

A PC to some people can be just as important as their car, and especially for high end users, the added functionality of high end cases is enormous. Simply writing £100+ cases off as an unnecessary extravagance is a little closed minded. Any car that goes faster than 80mph and fits more than 4 people is an extravagance, but not everyone drives slow old bangers do they?

The extra build quality, and potentially superior noise levels and cooling performance afforded by a higher end case, as well as the massive increases in ease of assembly more than make up for it. If you've only ever used $50 - (£25!) cases, you owe it to yourself to at lease investigate a higher end case if you consider yourself a computer enthusiast. If you shop right, you really do get what you pay for, and a quality case will last you years.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2008
  10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I think it looks pretty cool. I like the front fascia. Hate the feet though.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I wish i could think out a case for manufacturer X. It would stop all the questions about where to put your watercooling kits, fans, 10 hd's and all other important stuff. And it will probably be a mid size case that does not cost 300 (ish)

I mean, we all know how a case 'should' be, why don't case manufacturers get this? Thinking about this... Bit-Tech call them/mail them and suggest to them, that BT wants to make a BT Case that covers all our case rants. It will probably the best selling case in the world. (i hope)

12. E7130

E7130 Shinju

I have seen ugly and it has a face: Zalman GS1000.

HOTSWAP - YEAH!!!
    Design/Look - Ugly!!!

13. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

+1

14. ParaHelix.org

lol, epic response but you have to admit there are *some* good features, like the PSU mount placement for example, but yeah, the plastic looks REALLY tacky. Ill stick with Lian Li for now. :rock:

15. ParaHelix.org

There is a manufacturer that get's it, they are called Lian Li ^^ :rock: :clap:

Tags: Add Tags