1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

It's not. US cars are just stupidly cheap in America. Over here a Corvette is twice the price of an Elise. They're selling (in UK prices) Elises at very good money for sports cars! £30k, which is only top spec Golf GTI money, or low-end BMW money. Can't buy a Porsche Boxster for Lotus money!

2. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

I've just come back from a visit to the states and trains look like this!

[​IMG]

Quite different from the UK ones. I do like the UK East Coast main line though, with it's free wifi. Perfect for blogging on my pda on the way home!

Please don't use such enormous images.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Sep 2008
  3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think i will start a mass transport thread, i want to see how mass transport looks like in other countries.

edit: sorry, i hope this is not considered hijacking, the mass transport thread is here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1829243, thank you.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2008
  4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

This is the way Marilyn and I travel:
    [​IMG]

Amtrak Superliner sleeper car!

John

5. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

If they were building their own engines the cars would be unreliable and cost twice as much, so no one would want them :hehe:

6. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Point well taken, visited a lotus dealership a few weeks ago actually. Unfortunately they didn't feel comfortable letting me test drive the thing because I told them I could not afford it if I wanted it. Not only that but I show up at a dealership in a muscle car and ask to test drive one of their small toys, they think twice about letting a 24yo with a need for speed drive one. Ill try again later on when my finances look better.

7. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

You should try an Celica and then take out an Elise Jaguarking ;) the only vague similarity is the engine, and that's a donor really lol if I had to have a car to evade the police in, it would be an Exige R :thumb:

8. NiHiLiST

Fair play to you being honest with them :) When you get a chance, see if you can try out the bottom of the range Elise S. By many accounts it's the one to have, apparently it's much closer to the feel of the original Elise as they've got a bit portly over the years.

9. jaguarking11

Here is a question for you and anyone else who might have driven the elise. Is it tail happy like the old 911's? Driven one of those a few years back. Ended coming out a turn tail first. I almost shat myself. :D But it was a fun car.

10. NiHiLiST

I've not driven one myself, but been a passenger a few times. From what I've read, the early ones are supposedly a little tail happy when pushed too far, whereas the newer ones tend more towards understeer. The limits are rather high though and if you know what you're doing they're unlikely to spit you off the road backwards in a cloud of tyre smoke and brown underwear.

11. jaguarking11

Sounds good then. Cant wait to wrap my hands around the steering wheel of one.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I got a tire/rim question here

The tires on my car make it shake a lot because they are more damaged than I thought when I bought the car. No big deal, I knew they wouldn't last very long anyway.

I will buy new tires next summer to replace my current Hankook K106, which have amazingly good grip (and good grip = good fun :D)

however, before I invest money into tires, I would like to know if my rims (17" Motegi MR7 if I recall correctly) are in good condition or not.
    Is there anyway I could know if they are still perfectly 'round' ? I wouldn't want to buy tires only to damage them as soon as I use them

The road here are probably the worst driving condition of any rich country. I don't know why, but for some reason we can't build good roads for sht here in Quebec ... Driving a sports car with a stiff suspension is a nightmare and feels like driving through a mine field because of all the holes everywhere

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I dislike Amtrak.. so expensive for what it is, I've yet to take one which hasn't been at least an hour late too >.<

Costs me practically same amount (and takes less time) to drive my 8 (even with it's 20mpg mileage) up to Gainesville, with added benefit of having a way to get around once I get there, whereas Amtrak maroons me in middle of no bus stops.

Bleh..

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Just given my car an clean, polish and wax after a long period of neglect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looking awesome Jamie, I love those Pugs. :D

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

looks good indeed ! What model/year is that ? It looks brand new but has the lines of a 7-8 year old car

17. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

One of Peugot's best ever designs, that car. Looks tidy too!

18. Krikkit

Technically, it's not really a Peugeot design, but yeah, probably the 2nd best looking pug after the 205 GTi tbh.

19. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

20. Krikkit

No, no, no, that's just not on tbh! It nearly looks better in standard guise, and you don't look like a prat all the time because it's not a real Ferrari! :p