1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official Bit-Tech F1 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 26 Feb 2008.

1. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Mark Webber has always had a penchant for spouting rubbish. It isn't anything Lewis has done, it is just that he is the person in the lime light. Webber ranks as one of the bitchiest people in motorsport.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

So far so good for Lewis...

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

So far :)

Didn't expect Lewis to have more fuel than Massa.

4. RTT

RTT #parp

What a completely boring race!

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I'll grant you it wasn't the most exciting race ever, but I have to say that Lewis answered all his critics today. Didn't bottle it, didn't do anything stupid, didn't do anything reckless, just drove a solid, well paced race.

Brazil should be interesting.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Very un-exciting race, but job well done for Hamilton fastest on Friday, Saturday, Pole, Win and fastest lap.

What an amazing pass by Massa on Kimi :)

Last edited: 19 Oct 2008
  7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Boring race, but a good result nonetheless. Who wants to bet McLaren would have got disqualified if they had played team tactics like Ferrari did?

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

highlight of the race :hehe:

9. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Actually, I thought that kind of thing wasn't allowed any more after the rather infamous Schumacher / Barichello incident some years back?

10. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Explicit team orders are illegal but they can suggest that drivers make decisions that benefit the team...ie the other driver.

11. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Right. I am sure that piece of legislation has had a massive effect.

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Ferrari should be taken to court for race fixing. IF that happened in any other sport or if Mclaren did it, they would be in court right now.

Good race though and shame for Kimi having to give up a second place victory. Doenst make his record sheet as impresive with a 3rd place when he had the speed and the car didnt break.

13. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

Well as far as I'm concerned, Lewis Hamilton is already the champion, because the four points he was robbed of earlier would of given him an unassailable lead. Not to mention the ludicrous Ferrari brown-nosing by the stewards on the Bourdais incident. Mark Blundell’s comments today on that farce were something like 'Bourdais did absolutely nothing wrong'.

If things do go wrong for Lewis in the last race, I'd like to think it'd feel somewhat of a hollow victory for Massa.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It's not race fixing/team orders if one driver decides during the race to slow up and let another driver through with out being told to on the radio by his team. That is why they are so cagey about it in interviews and in radio transmissions. As long as it is a prior arrangement the FIA wont (or cant) do anything about it.

Personally I don't have a problem with it. F1 has always been a team sport and I think it is natural that it should apply to some extent to the drivers championship as well as the constructors.

As for the result today. Well, I think it's Hamilton's as long as he doesn't have anything major go wrong in Brazil. If some think does go wrong for him, then Kovalainen's weakness and Raikkonen's strength would make Massa a strong favourite to win the race and the world championship.

Personally (even though I'm not a fan) I'd like to see Hamilton win the world championship this year, I think he deserves it. It would be horible to see him turn into the Henman of Formula 1 :)

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Yeah it is a team sport, i dont have a problem with the "team" orders it just makes sense.

Personally I dont think kovi is stong enough for mclaren,when its really mattered he just hasnt been there, is his seat safe for next year? i havent heard anything about mclarens line up for '09.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

No problem with team orders here either.

Heikki is signed up with McLaren for next year.

17. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

No problem with team orders either, I mean they are racing FOR a team, so it makes sense.

18. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Nice one Lewis, lets do that again next race... :thumb:

Of course, the most surprising thing about that race is that it's now several hours after the checkered flag and the results have stayed the same! Amazing! ;)

19. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Ferrari will have to play dirty to allow Massa to win the championship as I doubt Hamilton will make the same mistakes as last year now.

20. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Kovi has certainly been a let down for McLaren this year, it's as if he has got to a top team so now he thinks he can relax. I was very surprised when McLaren signed him up for next year as well unless they already have a person in mind for 2010 and they just needed to fill the role for one year.

Tags: