Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 26 Feb 2008.
That is indeed an ugly aero package, can't wait to see what other teams come up with.
Err pretty much the same? That's the deal, gone are all the ugly little aero bits and bobs that teams used to have and now they simply have a boundary box front and rear to work in.
I thought the previous cars were quite graceful - the sculpted wings looked quite good. Much better than the straight-edges of those ones.
I suspect it might be time to start F1-2009 thread! Come on GOO.
the bmw looks like a toy
I'll sort something out later on today. Work is curtailing my interweb time...
IIRC it was the sculpted wings that caused most of the problems of no overtaking. Having a wing that had different heights in it was great for controlling airflow from the front wing around the car but caused all sorts of dirty air.
Interesting to see all the developments already at Catalunya.
Unofficial Monday times from Barcelona:
1. Takuma Sato, Toro Rosso, 1:20.763
2. Sebastian Buemi, Toro Rosso, 1:21.071
3. Alexander Wurz, Honda, 1:21.198
4. Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, 1:21.417
5. Gary Paffett, McLaren, 1:21.956
6. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 1:23.264
7. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:22.341
8. Sebastian Loeb, Red Bull, 1:22.503
9. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 1:22.560
10. Christian Klien, BMW Sauber, 1:22.883
11. Nico Hulkenberg, Williams, 1:23.467
12. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 1:23.794
13. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 1:23.832
14. Marc Gene, Ferrari, 1:24.177
15. Bruno Senna, Honda, 1:24.343
16. Giedo van der Garde, Renault, 1:24.908
17. Lucas di Grassi, Honda, 1:25.512
The times mean nothing but it's nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones too!
Im really confused all the pics of the 09 bmw testing seem to have gooved tyres, am i missing something?
lol they came to our school and told us about it
if we make a team ( that is impossible because too much dumb people ) we will be the 5th team on whole UAE
But maybe it will happen.
Yeah it's a weird decision by BMW, other teams are testing slicks with their old chassis, but BMW are using grooves with their 09 bits and bobs (pretty much the same 08 chassis but with 09 compliant wings).
Our new home awaits:
BTW - Uncle Ron is letting Lewis to be in the Race of Champions!
Mind you, the only competitive thing will be on a push bike...
Now that the '09 F1 thread is live, please keep all F1-09 discussion in there. Feel free to jabber about '08 though!
Separate names with a comma.