1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Lumière Noire by E.E.L. Ambiense

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Sep 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Awesome read. That's a great case.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

E.E.L you are a god mate, a truly awesome piece of work, one of my all time favorites :thumb:.

4. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I love these kinds of mods, outstanding work!

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

Am I the only one who finds it hard to keep up with E.E.L. Ambiense, he seems to have about 30 amazing cases all on the go at once.

6. maRiio

maRiio What's a Dremel?

excellent... simply excellent... nothing more to say...

7. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

I wish i had the time,patience and most of all,resources to do a project like this.Admit it,these guys mods are head and shoulders above the rest of us,Kudos to them all.

8. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Awesome job as always E.E.L!

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Looks great, but do I really see a number of 40 mm fans :O Didn't know those things still existed ^^

10. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

Awesome work,one of my favourite builds.

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Awesome case dude.:thumb: I never thought someone would thank me for trolling them. -Which reminds me... when can we expect another Japanese garbage truck?

12. silverzombie342

silverzombie342 I know the Dremel. I wish I had it.

=O I'm speechless... It is so beatiful.. No words can describe it. It is really beatiful. =)

13. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Ah Man!... Ambiense that is superb case m8.
    I prefer looking at that too looking at myself naked, its really filthy.
    Well done, fantastic build.

14. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

Beautiful. Really love the motherboard shroud, it helps so much with the looks.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Thats not a case or PC as that is a piece of art. It's very well thought out and planned. SIMPLY AWESOME

16. SuperTroye

SuperTroye Dell doesn't have what I see here.

That's one for the ages Jeremy! You are a man amongst boys with your thought process and creativity.

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Who is this impostor, and how dare he take the reigns!? :hehe:

Seriously, thank you kindly, everyone. You're all very kind. Thanks to Richard (Bindi) and Antony for the infinite patience in getting it up, and of course, Tim. Granted, only four months behind, but at least it's finally up, right? :D :p ...and just in time for a new build! :rock:

Apparently, I hadn't shot any overall shots of her in the original photo session back in March (because I'm an idiot), so I had to recently shoot additional pics and she'd been sitting on my desk at home for a few months now and had quite a fine sheen of dust caked on everywhere. So I guess it was a blessing in disguise to get me to do some cleaning/maintenance for the pics. :lol:

Again, thank you everyone. It's a pleasure. And thanks for the wakeup call, Bill, to let me know it was finally up! :lol:

18. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

You know Jeremy, I'm glad to see this beauty hit bit-tech's front page. You are deserving of the recognition in every way. Congrats!

Which brings me to this little story... A short while ago in your outstanding Checkmate worklog, I mentioned that you were like the Susan Lucci of modding... Always outstanding work, yet never getting the MotM wins you likely deserved. Well, fast forward to this morning. I open up my browser, and was happily greeted by Lumière. In my vicarious excitement I mentioned it to my wife as she passed by. (Now, I always suspected she only listened to my mod related ramblings half-intently, and this confirms it...) She said, "Oh, that guy you said was like Helen Keller?" Uh... I'll admit that I laughed till I cried. Then I thought of 'Building Better Worlds', and laughed even harder. ;-)

Lol, in all seriousness though, great job. I'll be looking forward to seeing Checkmate up here as well!

Last edited: 8 Sep 2009
  19. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Thanks a million, Craig. It means a lot, man. :)

I mentioned that very thing about you coining me the 'Susan Lucci' of modding to the writer, Antony, in an email. LOL. That's funny to bring it up again! Granted, it wasn't as funny as the Helen Keller line here. That s**t was funny. Dude, I did the classic movie-move of spitting water out. :hehe:

Be sure to thank your wife for me for needing a new work keyboard now with that little gem! :D

I appreciate all the kind words, everyone. Sincerely. And be sure to keep your eyes peeled! ;)

20. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Anytime Jeremy, anytime. ;)

I almost could have lost a keyboard myself. Normally I'll sit down at the computer every morning with a big glass of orange juice, but was running behind, and didn't get one today. Close call!

Tags: Add Tags