1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games to Watch in 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 6 Jan 2010.

1. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Wheres Battlefield Bad Company 2..?

Until Battlefield 3 appears, its the spiritual successor to BF2, the best online shooter for the Pc....

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

It's not the last C&C game, just the last one set in the Tiberium universe. Though I agree the series needs either a radical overhaul or to be binned altogether. The latest games are just a graphical update of the same tired old game mechanics they've been using for over a decade, and are so far behind the rest of the RTS pack it's silly, especially given the budget they must have for those games to be able to hire C-list Hollywood actors for the minute-long cutscenes.

That's why I'm much more looking forward to Supreme Commander 2, although I even have my reservations about that with it being ported to consoles.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2010
  3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Will Half Life 3 have a new engine behind it? I don't play HL much but the other games it's spawned - TF2, Portal - are fantabulous.

Personally I'm looking forward to The Old Republic and the 3rd WoW expansion pack - Cataclysm. I'm also hoping there will some indy game as good as World of Goo that's yet to breach the horizon.

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Yeah

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Starcraft 2 I guess, but it's unlikely to be earth shattering in that genre, Blizzard never takes any risks with their products. As long as they appeal to the mass market and bring in the money, why should they?

I hope to god they bring out HL2:EP3 this year.

6. ichobi

ichobi What's a Dremel?

It's pretty surprising to me why the hell the 4-5 hours episodic game take 3+ years to make.
    Unless it comes out with new engine or amazingly unexpected plot twist, HL EP3 better be worth the wait.

7. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

When the drop down list said 'Alan Wake's final call and spies vs spies' I stopped breathing such was my excitement that somehow the Spy Vs Spy from my C64 days was coming back.... I must go cry now :p

8. Lemure

Lemure What's a Dremel?

It's probably because they are too busy milking the money out of L4D2.

I'm also much more interesting in Starcraft 2 and Supreme Command 2 than the new Command & Conquer. Alien vs Predator looks interesting too.

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

I need me some metro 2033 action. As soon as I saw the guy in the foregrounds face I instantly thought of stalker (not the guy, the game hehe)

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I'm waiting for Dead Space 2 ! :)

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

It seems that almost every series I have come to love and/or look forward to has been twisted (or is being twisted) in to something entirely different. I won't like, it makes me sad.

With DE3, everything you listed, plus IIRC they want to add a grappling hook or some other daftness (think I read that in Edge or something). And after IW, I am really expected a flop.

TW3 has not just gotten a lot less intelligent, since you are just given resources. Now you don't have to balance expansion of resource collection against building a strong army. Just sit on control points (as many as you can) and churn out units. Not only that, but the mechanic is just stupid as ****. Who would build a network that randomly deposits Tiberium to bizarre places where there are no people?

Alan Wake might not even see the light of day on the PC anymore (although apparently I read they want to, it's just up to MS. I'm hoping once the 360 version is out the door, we can look forward to a PC version).

Heavy Rain really doesn't impress me. The graphics may be great from the looks of things, but that woman is ugly and wrong looking, at least in that picture you used. And after doing some research a while back on the gameplay, it really doesn't sound all that enjoyable to me.

But, not all hope is lost. Alpha Protocol does look like it could be good fun, and I am very much looking forward to Conviction. Don't know enough about Metro to make a call, but it certainly seems interesting. Throw in Starcraft 2, Supreme Commander 2 (although I am not liking the sounds of what direction they want to take it in; I read and heard in one of the videos they are focusing less on ridiculous huge armies, and more on units that can be upgraded and stay alive longer. Which just isn't Supreme Commander in my eyes. Hopefully the scale will still be big enough), Archon and a few others, and things still definitely don't look bad for 2010.

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I've been in the C&C 4 beta for sometime, and i've played it twice, and hated both times. I appreciated change, and that EA are tying something new, but, tbh, they should have gone and done Generals 2, or helped out the UK studio that started working on the new C&C FPS, but ah well. While i hated the no base idea, and the other game play mechanics, i will get the game, just to find out what Kane has in mind, bald evil genius equals win.

Sam

13. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Personally, I am a bit disappointed in the number of platform exclusive titles to be released even from this meager list, especially with all the talk over the last year or so about developing games across different platforms. <sigh>

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

You guys forgot L4D3.. gosh. :p

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

All I want is a proper new CoD, Episode 3 and Company of Heroes that would be balanced. Out of these, and any other games, ever, the Episode 3 is the only single player I've looked forward to.

16. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I'm very excited about Starcraft 2, but that's probably because of sentimental reasons connected to the first one. That said, a lot of the "target market" now won't even remember the original. Same goes for Deus Ex, although more gamers will know it.

Overall, I'd like to see more multiplayer and coop experience that isn't ruined by teenagers and students glued to their machines 24/7. I love LAN play with people I can actually shout at across the room. In fact, that's how I got started with Starcraft.....

17. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

cry ;(
    a game that should NOT be overlooked this year is Starcraft 2. How could you forget it, and include a C & C game? ;(;(;(

18. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

No, you're not. The original was fantastic, the sequel turned me off inside ten seconds.

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Sigh. I'd hate to be someone that was so hard to please that I only played what is quite possibly the game of the decade for all of 10 seconds.

20. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

I agree, I'm waiting desperately for Battlefield Bad Company 2, and it's not on the list... I bet MW2 would be if it were released this year, and I bet BFBC2 will kick MW2's butt... So... Talk about overhype and underhype

Tags: Add Tags