1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Losing 30kg in 100 days... my little Crusade :)

Discussion in 'General' started by phinix, 3 Jan 2010.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, you are all right, thanks for all comments.
    Now, few things: as you can see I changed the thread subject to 6 months:0 YAY! Yes, planes changed I'm having that planned trip in June, not March. That means I have 6 months to loose weight. That is a lot better I say:) What happened? My friend mailed me saying he bought for me a nice ticket for Metal Festival (Metallica, Slayer, Behemoth) which will be in 16th of June!
    So my "Crusade" will take 6 months, not 3.

As you all said, I took your advices and changed few things a bit. I think that starving is not good. After I stop eatting after 6pm to actual time I go to sleep is like 5-6 hours. That is PAIN! Seriously, even slim guy could say that sitting 6 hours without food is a bit uncomfortable... right? So yesterday I didn't stop after 6, well, it doesn't mean I ate till bed time;) At about 21:00 I made a small sandwich - one slice of black bread with fresh tomato. It was about 150 calories. Then had one orange and glass of apple juice. See, I stopped drinking Coke! I have been drinking it for my whole life. its a mirracle I still have teeth!;)
    So, no sparkling drinks anymore. Pure juice, orange, apple, or still water. Lots of tea as well, some coffee at work.
    Yesterday fight anded up with:

DAY 2

Breakfast: roll+sausage (I had to.. but it was small and with one sausage inside)
    Dinner: potatoes and fried eggs, LOTS of boiled vegetables (peas, carrots and green beans)
    Supper: slice of black bread sandwich with tomato.
    After snacks: orange, strip of chocolate (I had to, just one strip:()
    Total: ~ 1300cal
    Exercise time: 0

I think it went well.... What was the difference between first and second day? Work. I started work yesterday after Christmas time. That is why I had roll at 9am, then second thing I ate was dinner at 17:30 at home.

I forgot to mentione I wlak about 2km every day to/from work. Do not drive a car, work is in city center.

Well, 100 days, 98 to come... stay with me please ! ;)

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Today went ok as well, I think:) Here's the summary:

DAY 3

Breakfast: nothing
    Dinner: potato soup - two big mugs
    Supper: 2 slices of black bread with tomatos
    After snacks: orange, half of chocolate bar, 2 biskits with caviar
    Total: ~ 1300cal
    Exercise time: 0 :)

With this kind of routine I probably skip about 1500-1700 calories a day. I think for my weight I should have more than 3000cal a day to keep my weight steady (going to work, being up all day it could be even 3500cal). My BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is ~2514 calories, but thats the amount I need if I won't move all day ( I would like that!:)) If thats all truth, I'm "saving" about 2000 calories a day, which should result in losing about 1 pound a day.. as long as my calculations are ok;) Well, I'm sure I burn more than 1000calories during the whole day... from 6:30am to 24:00, gives 18 hours awake...

Last edited: 6 Jan 2010
  3. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

Instead of chocolate you should try maybe a healthy snack bar or something in those lines...
    Do you plan on getting any exercise in even 20 minutes of eliptical which is low impact would be perfect to start at.

But good work so far keep it up

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I know you've started already but I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. I haven't read past page one and I know someone already mentioned it on page one, but I'm reiterating it now. It takes a lot of effort for some people to lose weight, but that should never discourage you. I'm one of those people.

When I was in school I used to play rugby, and at that stage I was at a decent weight and in fairly good shape. I got injured and quit playing rugby two years before finishing school, which was a good choice for me at the time because of several things - one of our school's top players died of heart failure due to a heart defect during an international game and another had his leg broken in two places from a bad tackle the year that I quit.

When my knee had healed up sufficiently (I thought...) I took up running - cross country running in fact. My school had a great cross country track and I'd run that then go to the gym twice a week during timetabled hours and usually twice more per week after hours.

Then I left school, went to uni, and things got out of hand. I stopped exercising as much except for my daily walk to and from uni, and I started eating like a student. By the end of my second year I was nowhere near overweight, but still too heavy for my own liking, so I started running a few times a week. This didn't go well because my old knee injury reared its ugly head again. I had it seen to and was told to give it at least 12 months to heal with only low impact exercise before going back to running. Naturally, I put on more weight over those 12 months.

Last August I started running on a regular basis for the first time since I left school, and not only did I gain a surprising amount of stamina within a short period of time, but I started losing weight too. Like I've already said, it takes a lot of effort for me to lose weight, even with both dieting and cardio but up until this stupidly cold weather set in, I ran a 3.2 or 5.1 mile loop three times a week. I lost over a stone, I gained muscle and stamina and I felt better for it. Once the weather gets a little warmer I will continue to run and hopefully get myself down another stone or so (I'm 15 stone 4 at the moment, 6'4").

Stick at it mate, and cut out that chocolate. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to put weight on just by eating a little chocolate. Cut it out cold turkey and replace it with sweet fruits and you'll see a big difference.

5. Senny

Senny What's a Dremel?

By the looks of your diet you are eating a lot of carbs and very little protein. I would try to get some protein with each meal, like turkey/chicken/fish/beef. Like Unicorn said as well cut the chocolate out, it definitely won't help. Try to cut out as much refined/processed foods as possible. Keep it simple. Also make sure you have breakfast, it's the most important for a reason.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks guys. I think I may for example boil a chicken breast or sth like that. No fired, just boiled, simple piece of chicken boob:) Then some vegetables.
    Breakfast - problem is I'm not a morning person, even if I wake up at 6:30 and get a bus on 7:30, it takes me about 40-50 minutes to get to city center, I sleep all the way:) I hate eating in the morning. I feel sick if I eat anything. Seriously - I don't like to eat in the morning. I need to stay for about 3 hours at least to start eating. I even cant have a bowl of cereals. I like cold milk, but cant eat anything. I cant explain how I feel in the morning...
    I may have a bowl of soup every day at 12:30, that could be my first meal, it would have about 250 calories ( I work in college, they serve soup at lunch). I don't think skipping that soup would help me a lot, so I may eat that every day. its alawyas some veg soup and some rolls. Then next meal would be dinner at home at about 17:30.

No chocolate - done - I stop that form today.

Exercise - I will go to gym during weekend. When I go back home at 17:30 during week I feel weak and really not in the mood for jumping around if you know what I mean;)

Right now its almost lunch time, didnt have anything from the morning, I feel like my stomake is trying to eat itself;) I think I go for that soup...

7. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i understand your morning issue however eating in the morning is very important in maintaining energy throughout the day

remember that you are trying to change your habits here try to slowly phase in a small breakfast (half a banananananana or a slice of bread ) every other day. first try eating it when you get into the city then slowly try eating a little earlier on the bus then whislt waiting for bus then finally before you leave.

also how much water are you drinking. i would try for about 3L a day (water is vital when trying to lose weight) carry a 2l bottle of water around with you that way your getting a little extra exercise by merely carrying it

Calories are not just about what you eat but what you drink as well (hence beer bellies ) try to include any fluids your take in as part of this diet (coke included )

all the best dude i'll be following this one

EDIT: also you say you are tired when you get in. wait until 7 then go for a 1/2 mile walk (around the block) not only will this freshen you up (especially in this weather) it will give you time to reflect on the day and how you have done,

8. yakyb

one more thing try to start saving some money up. Every time you feel like some chocolate or a treat or every time you buy soup for £2 instead of sausage and chips (example ) for £3.50 put that money in a safe place soon you will find that this healthier diet is also saving you money

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

All I drink now is coffe, 2-3 times a day, then 2 teas at home... some apple juice, maybe a glass.
    I need to add water like you said... I think I may try that walk around my street tonight:) I just hole I wont get robbed;)

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd always try and have breakfast... If you don't have any, homeostasis kicks in and stores any excess energy as fat, as the brain thinks its going to starve.

If you have to miss any meal, make it dinner :thumb:

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I predict you will crash within the next week.

Your mistakes:
    • Setting weight loss target too high (4lbs a week? Good luck with that...)
    • Cutting back your calories too far (from 2500 to 1300? Did you talk to a doctor about that?)
    • Skipping breakfast
    • Drinking caffeine to keep you going through those low blood sugar = low energy spells
    • Replacing high-sugar soft drinks with... er... high sugar fruit juices
    • Investing all your weight loss in eating less and not exercising more

By 14th January you will either succumb to the munchies or have a physical collapse with migraines and shakes.

Your posts are already indicating that you are entering starvation-induced hyperactivity/mania. What is your sleep pattern like?

Seriously, dude, the spirit may be willing but the flesh don't roll like that. Up your calorie intake to 2500 kcals now. Start with breakfast. Then go for a 30 minute walk every day, just fast enough to raise your heart rate a bit (e.g. about 100 steps per minute) and you'll be surprised how fast you still lose weight --sustainably. Most importantly, consult an expert, FFS.

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Cool, thanks for all your comments guys.
    OK, now... what's FFS?:D Also what does succumb and munchies mean? :) Sounds funny!:)
    Is apple juice high sugar drink?

Raise my heart rate to 100? That is my regular heart rate when I'm sitting:D I got 150 going up the stairs to second floor:) Seriously!:)
    If you say I should eat more and exercise - then thats what I did today!

Here's today's statistics:

DAY 4

Breakfast: well... Let's say I didn't eat that sausage roll this time! That has to be good! ;)
    Lunch: bowl of vegie soup + a roll
    Dinner: one mug of potato soup
    Supper:
    2 toasts, one with tomato, one with smoked ham! Small bowl of pasta with chicken and bechamel sauce (really small, maybe 100g of pasta and few spoons of sauce with chicken)
    After snacks: orange
    Total: ~ 1800cal
    Exercise time: 2.5 hours !!!!!! (800calories burnt on cardio + heavy lifting)

Let me tell you what happened today: I came back from work, mrs asked me to make pasta with bechamel sauce and chicken (I forgot to mention: cooking is one of my hobbies:)).
    So I made it and served on the table.. looked at my plate... and thought.. this is pathetic.. food is controlling me! Food rules my life! Since I was a kid! Whole life... I got myself so depressed, that couldn't eat.. sat down on couch and started to think.. why.. why am I letting f*** food to tell me what to do... ok I know.. it sounds funny, but I decided to be really honest with you guys and share everything what is going on with me, cause this is the last chance for me.. seriously... So I said to my mrs.. I'm not gonna eat that sh*t.. It was like 1000 calories on my plate... Whole thinking took me about half an hour... I thought if I'm not gonna do something with it, I will die... Don't get me wrong.. I love to cook, I like eating, but it always pull me to the bottom! I cannot say no. Thing is in thatmoment I wasn't even hungry that much!
    I got up and went to our room, picked up all me sweat suit, trainers bottle of still water I took my gym card! YES! I did it! (I finally found me gym card.. after 30 minutes of searching..;)
    I went to the gym!!!... and because I never know my limits whatever it comes to amount of food to eat or exercising.. I almost killed myself there:) I spent 2.5 hours.. guy who was brushing the floor had to get me off the cardio cause they were closing:) I spent about 1.5 hours on cardio burning 800 calories and an hour on all machines. Those don't have meters so have no idea how much calories I burnt pushing those weights... I did 5 series on my 3 favourite machines and went home... Now, I writing to you guys.. almost lying on the floor:D BUT! What really matters - I did it!! ..I won't be able to go to work tomorrow morning, cause there won't be anyone could push my "sexy body" from the bed, but I DID IT!:) I'm so happy - I won with my lazyness... That wasn't that hard actually.. I think tomorrow I will give myself a break and go to the gym on Saturday... WHY NOT?! :D

So.. did I make any progress?:blush: Tell me I won't be a munchie! :D.. or I may actually be a munchie right now.. I cannot feel my legs.... Someone help me? I need to pee.... ;)

Till tomorrow guys!

Last edited: 8 Jan 2010
  13. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Is a lot for a short time maybe for a year, but go with your Doctor and a Nutriologist to do all in the right way, you can speed up the process but you can get screwed.

14. yakyb

well done dude

no need to over do it tho!

as you said 2-3 times a week is plenty at the moment

yes apple juice is very high sugar replace it with water also 2-3 cups of coffee and 2 teas both are diuretics i really think you should try to up your water intake. your piss should be clear and odourless. (esp if your going to start going to the gym as well.)

any way keep up the good work

15. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Don't die on us dude! Ease gently into the exercise! Wouldn't do more than an hour of cardio in a sitting if I were you, 800 cals is a hell of a lot. Maintain heart rate between 120-130 during your session for maximised fat burning (otherwise known as UT1). Otherwise keep going!

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks guys!:)

120-130 - how can I do that? You see, when I'm walking on cardio I have 160.. 120 I would have to walk like an old guy.. foot by foot...
    What I do is that cardio I use in a gym has 10 states of angle and 10 speeds. I start from 3-2, then go up after couple of minutes to 5-3.5, then last 10 minutes I push it to 8-4, but then heart rate goes up to 180-190 and that's not because of all those beautiful firm girls working out around me:)
    Believe me above 190 I'm getting a bit dizzy and feel nauseous, so thats has to be too much...
    To keep it low as 130 I would really have to walk slowly on cardio. if that is the best way to burn then I can do it...

I think there is no point going to gym every day, so I will stay away today:) But I'm going Saturday morning, just for 2 hours max, lets say 600 cals on cardio and some heavy lifting...

17. Senny

Senny What's a Dremel?

Steady state cardio(HR 120-130) and HIIT(HR 150+) both have there benefits, it really depends on which you prefer to do. Still see a lot of starchy carbs in your diet and virtually no green veggies. If I was you I would go see a nutritionist/dietician and get there expert advise and guidance on a proper diet. I am with Nexxo as well, you have to up your calories some more because although dropping calories is the root of all weight loss there are limits and proper ways to do it. You should start slowly dropping not take a massive chunk off it, your body will definitely not be used to it and probably react badly.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

suc.cumb Pronunciation [suh-kuhm]

<verb> to give way; yield: to succumb to despair/the flu.

Synonyms: submit, accede, surrender

mun.chies, the Pronunciation [mun-chees]

<noun> slang expression
    1. hunger, craving, especially for sweets or snacks: "suffering from the munchies".
    2. bingeing; to engage in excessive and/or uncontrolled eating or drinking

Yes. Step one in a healthy diet: always read the label. ;)

No, I said a hundred steps a minute. As in walking speed.

You sure did. The second cognitive change in starvation is: black-and-white thinking: going from one extreme to the other.

You are not making any sustainable progress. Remember: you quickly went from one extreme to the other; you can fall back to the first extreme just as quickly, and you will.

Again: look at your posts. They appear a bit manic and there is black-and-white thinking evident. I think you need to start eating 2500Kcals a day at least. 2500Kcals is what you should normally eat, so that is what you should make your body used to. The weight loss is all down to regular, moderate exercise. Eventually your body defaults to its appropriate healthy weight.

I think you need to take it easy on the exercise. I think most of all that you should consult your doctor now and get some professional dietary and exercise advice.

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

dude you should relax at the gym. Do an hour or so, not 2.5. Also, in regards to your speeds... you want a slower speed for a steady lower heart rate, when your heart rate is lower, your burning fat, while when your going all out and your hearts pumpin, your building muscle / doing cardio. Ask one of the trainers what a suitable heart rate range is for you in order to find a healthy beats per minute range for fat burn to maximize your time at the gym.

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

right...