1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo has no plans to update Wii anytime soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Pappy_Lazaru

Pappy_Lazaru Bish bash bosh!

Thats quite cool news...for a change...I mean the PS2 sets the standard for longevity, but its nice to see Nintendo showing faith in their console!

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

This actually surprises me.

They have a huge market of people that own the console, who probably also own high def TVs. So they could make a lot of money by selling a new "HD" wii.

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Bit of bad blood there joe? TBH I think it is unexpected for them to be working on them, the only thing faithful fans have had to look forward to. :(

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Obviously... the inflatable horse is way superior to Natal or Sony's motion thing... obviously... obviously...

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm just sick of it. I WANT A NEW GAME THAT ISN'T JUST ZELDA, MARIO OR METROID, YOU BASTS!

7. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Wii sales dropping......
    Other consoles releasing motion sensitive stuff......
    Yep, now would be a good time to release a statement saying you aren't doing anything new.

The only thing I can think is that they don't want people to "put off" buying a wii while they wait for a wii HD. Instead of putting off buying a wii to buy a Natal instead???
    0_o

8. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

While I don't really mind the Wii lacking a hardware refresh, could we maybe get a chip or two on the board that allows for VGA or HDMI output? The difficulty of connecting this console to monitors sort of sets it back in terms of modern gaming systems...

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

+1 wii promised so much but failed to deliver. The only games that excite me for it tho are F1 (I guess the novelty) wii fit, house of the dead and to a point mario kart.
    The new super mario game was a joke. Yes mario is a classic but why spend £40 on a game that 10 mins in the attic trying to hoke out my old snes will let me play? I don't give a monkeys that it has so many new levels.....its the same bloody game!!

I this day and age where your phone does everything apart from cook your dinner (It can find you a resturaunt instead) the wii has nothing to offer over the now increadibly cheap 360. Why buy a wii when a 360 is practically at the same price point? I don't even need to explain why a 360 beats a wii...do I?

10. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

December 2009 Hardware Sales: (US NPD's I think)
    1. Nintendo Wii: 3.81 million

Seems pretty darn healthy to me, especially when the next non-Nintendo console is almost 3x less (3. PlayStation 3: 1.36 million)

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Component to VGA with some couplers, easy :thumb:

12. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I was in Walmart the week of this past Christmas and there was practically still a run on Wii's there.

13. Xir

Xir Modder

...they're still selling too many of them for their inflated price.
    But there's hope: I#ve seen the first bundle of a WII with two sets of controlers! Woohoo!

14. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Haha! I lol'd at that horse thing and the road RASH . But seriously, with natal coming out a wii looks a bit pointless, especially as 360 prices continue to fall.

15. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Blow-up horse Cheesecake

16. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Fixed

17. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

When I think about how much fun I had with my NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube then look at the Wii I feel a torrent of emotions... sadness, betrayal, anger, disappointment.... I know Nintendo is a business and business is to make money (which they've done... alot), but i'd selfishly rather have Nintendo in 3rd place behind Sony and MS with another gamers console than the gimmicky piece of trollop they are whoring to the casual crowd.

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya an HD Wii would be nice to see, oh and maybe some NEW games, not remaking the same games for the last decade and on over and over and over and over ~_~ Im waiting for them to release the Adventures of Mario bros in wheel chairs edition...

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

wi is played by chicks nowdays

20. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

That's it's only redeeming quality, tbh.

Tags: Add Tags