1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: ThermalTake Level 10

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 19 Jan 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Its a shame Thermaltake have failed in the execution of this one as its the one of the most beautiful cases i have ever seen. How much does it weigh?

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I was never a fan of the looks but its very unique and you can see thermaltake put alot of effort in designing this thing

Is it worth the price tag somehow i say no

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Is it me or does it tilt?? For £500 I wouldnt want it tilting, Id want it in the most perfectly upright stance known on gods earth! "should open correctly.." Lol! Thats pretty poor in my opinion.

Ugly too!

Andy

5. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

It is very cool, but I want a solid version. One that does bend like it's drunk..

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

The fact that it is so self contained will hinder any sort of customization. All interior hardware will just have to fit as standard or not be used. It seems to suffer from the same flaws as I believe Razer products do. Great design but the final finishing touches are so poorly implemented that in the end the very things that are supposed to blow you away actually bring you back to Earth with a rather heavy 'BUMP', I sight the LEDs as an example... the MS Habu and Razer DeathAdder suffer the same poor LED effect. I also can't help but imediately notice that in the first two pictures the case seems to be leaning to one side although this may just be because of the angle. But it is something to consider even so, would you want the case to look like it was falling over if viewed from a slightly off angle? Ass for the £500 price tag... Yes, well... I think we all agree on that one without it actually being said!

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

It does seem to be tilting. Also for a case that expensive I'd expect decent watercooling setup, and that certainly would not have it.

8. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

its definately leaning but its still sweet, they should counterbalance it more or balance it better. Exo is pretty sweet though

9. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Yeah I thought of that too. Looks like the support structure can't stand the weight of the hardware. Nice design but it looks like the manufacturing could have been executed better.

10. Muunsyr

Muunsyr What's a Dremel?

Well, I remember seeing the first pictures of this case when it was announced. At the time I thought "Pity it is by thermaltake, they will probably screw it up by not paying attention to the detail." Low and behold, they cut corners as per usual and cheapened the whole thing. On a case that should not be cheapened. This case only works by being immaculate - not a detail wrong. With its imperfections it seems worthless. For some reason it seems to fit perfectly with my notion of who thermaltake are; I cannot bring myself to buy their products, they always feel cheap (as in nasty, not good value).

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

While it's certainly a strikingly attractive design, it's not exactly my cup of tea.

I'd much rather spend my 500 dollars/pounds on getting a "normal" case and making it look good.

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I love this case, I think it looks amazing and yes it might feel a little flimsy but that doesn't mean it is not solid. The only thing I cant justify is the price. But if I had money to burn I would buy one of these with no hesitation.

13. bowman

bowman Minimodder

I would have bought this thing if it had a sane price.

14. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

I have never spent more than 40 quid on a case....I know people with ridiculous £300 cases....when that £260 could have brought a far superior cpu/better ram/better gcard...its just shallow :p

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Unfortunately it's just another badly executed thermaltake case. I had that huge monster of a steel tower they brought out years ago and build quality was always in doubt. Saying that, I have had my Tsunami Dream for years now and apart from replacing the fans it has been the best case I have ever had.

It's a shame to be honest but I think Thermaltake have mostly projected the reputation that they are the boy racers of the case building industry. It may look good from the outside but once you get in it it's all made of cheap plastic and the engine falls out halfway down the road.

16. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

I'd take Cygnus X1 over this any day.

17. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

I like the look of it. Price wise, yeah I'm pretty much the same as everyone else.

For those wanting to know its weight It's 24kgs. Pretty sure that's with a PSU in it too.

18. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

It basically looks like they need to double, possibly triple, the thickness of the case in all areas. That would solve the 'tilt' issue and the 'sag' issue.

It's a pity, as this is an awesome concept case, but badly implemented for larger-scale sales.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

As per TT fashion, they manage even to make their halo of cases, flimsy.

With that said, it was a cool concept and if under then right hands, would've been much better executed. However, this is nowhere near the insanity that is Lian Li's PC-777 or their PC-888 both of which were beyond absurd. But who could blame them? They could afford to do it.

20. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

There are two types of people that will buy this:

1. People who have more money than they know what to do with; and
    2. Complete and utter morons.

Tags: Add Tags