1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thankfully I love what I am studying Ghys (MEng Electronics, Communications & Software with Diploma in Industrial Studies) but 3 years in, I have to admit that it is getting mighty tough and with work so (don't want to say busy, don't want to say stressful...) crazy at the moment as well it is sucking the life right out of me. I have no days off uni this semester at all, 9-5 three days and then two half days, one with lectures in the morning and one with them in the afternoon. Lots of assignments, lots of material to cover and stupidly I have (re)started an online AutoCAD course which I am doing in what little spare time I have to bring me up to speed with the 2010 version and get me a little further on with my 3D modelling and rendering skills.

Life is too much for us all sometimes I guess. Think it's time for a holiday. Happily, I hope to be spending most of this summer working in my favourite country, Canada, at an Engineering firm in Toronto. That will be rewarding enough to make this semester worth the struggle.

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

This... again :(

imersa likes this.
  3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

snow.

more exactly, all the idiots in Ohio that don't know how to drive in aforementioned frozen precipitation.

I drove from Kalamazoo MI to Dayton OH friday night in a blizzard ... and all the vehicles off the road were pickup trucks and SUV's. me and my little saturn sl1 just putted right past them at 25 mph ... laughing all the way.

that was a good 8-10" snow ... and last night and this morning we piled up another 6-7" on top of it. and probably another 3-5" to come. yay.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

just don't crack, y'know

I don't have nearly as much pressure as you do and I still have trouble dealing with it

i guess i'm weak, heh

and yet there is almost nothing at all on the ground here in Montreal ...

weather has been weird lately

5. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

2000 VW Polo Sdi alternator change.It would be easier to paint the hall through the letterbox!

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Statics and realizing that I am going to have to take 15credit hours a semester until I graduate (all Mech/Aero engineering courses as well)

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Windows update needs to restart your machine.
    Postpone!?

Orr... leave me alone :(

8. el2k

el2k Modder

The poster above.

9. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Split up with my girlfriend last week. We've been in the on-hold stage for some time as she finds it hard to commit to relationships (previous boyfriends left her due to this). Found out she likes a guy she works with now so it makes me feel pretty gutted. Trying to move on but it's really difficult. I'm 30, I should be able to handle these things.. I've managed it in the past but this time, it's different. I generally loved her.. guess that's why it's so hard to move on.

10. el2k

el2k Modder

I second that!

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

+rep

hate
    girls

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I got a Facebook valentine today intended for my (soon to be ex) wife's new beau.

FML.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

****ING MS EXCEL! Trying to make some graphs and this is so utter ****ing ******** it's just beyond any reason. I have multiple "tabs" now waiting for their graphs, and every ****ing tab seems to operate in totally different and utterly wrong way. Why can't the automated BS just be switched off as they obviously just make my life miserable every time I sink my hands in that steamer.

AAAAAAAARGH. /rant, sorry about the language, guess the forum software will sort it.

14. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I'm right there with you with it being difficult to move on because you actually loved her, except now I have started talking to my ex again. I'm not sure though if I should try a round 2 now that we are no longer a long distance from each other or still just try to keep moving on.

--random--
    This post count 1989 is also my birth year!

15. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

going to high school from 7-10 in the morning
    having work from 10:30 till 2:00
    going to college from 3:00 till 10PM
    not getting home until 11:15PM
    doing homework till 1AM for tomorrow

then doing it again tomorrow....

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

losing first match in the Mock Trial competition.

17. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I've decided that I'm not going to try to change her mind. I'll just carry on being myself and making sure I'm still friends with her. Things may change or may not. Ultimately it's up to her now.

18. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Flirting with the secretary. She gives me the eye, and I blush like small girl.

19. el2k

el2k Modder

Wish the secretary where i work was hot :(

20. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

Least you both have secretaries!