1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol yeah.. I'm the hick in the truck- used to 4 wheel it in really bad snow up in michigan over the speed limit

I moved to georgia to work and it snowed once.. everyone was in the ditch- was the funniest thing I ever seen coming from a state where you wear shorts in 60 degree weather :D

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Agreed :D As I've done manys a time ;)

3. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Snow?

[​IMG]

Brrrrrrrrr

[​IMG]

:brrr:

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My latest purchase!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excuse the crappy pics i had to take a screen shot of the dealers website as the gallery is flash based. 05 WRX STI Type UK PPP. Quite rare to find these in black and it has nearly all the extras that were available at the time. Pro drive performance pack, prodrive springs, prodrive 18" alloys, prodrive mud flaps and chin spoiler. Immaculate condition inside and out.

The dealer is sorting out the approved warranty and putting it through its major 5 year service so should be able to pick it next week. I'm so excited to get a performance car again and relegate the golf to the commuter car! :rock:

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

NICE. Enjoy that :thumb:

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks great. I've got a real love for the bugeye Impreza.

[​IMG]

Anything planned for it, or just gonna enjoy it at original lovelyness? As I said in the other thread, turbo timer and anti-lift kit are must-haves from what I've heard.

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Thanks Krikkit. Is the turbo timer the device which keeps the engine running to cool down the turbo? I dont know what an anti-lift kit is i'm afraid. :blush: There is plenty of power and performance for me to get used to and i intend to keep it as clean and standard as possible as a future 'classic'.

8. Krikkit

The turbo timer keeps the engine running after you leave the car and cools the oil down - that way it doesn't just sit in the turbo and boil, damaging the turbo and reducing the lifespan.

The anti-lift kit is a clever gismo, not much more than a small bit of metal, that you stick in the front suspension. It subtly alters the geometry to stop the front scrabbling about under power, giving you amazing traction out of bumpy corners.

Not very useful on the super smooth roads in Japan, but should be standard equipment over here where the roads are broken.

There's a whitepaper here from the manufacturer, and a brief post from a knowledgable forumite here

It looks pretty easy to fit if you've got a spanner (like most polybush kits), and at £200 the results are supposed to be great.

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Thanks i'll look into that. :thumb: Not sure if the Pro drive springs and suspension might have sorted that already.

10. The_Norwegian

The_Norwegian Owls R' Us

I have a (white) 1996 saturn SL2 (just bought it recently) pics to come soon hopefully,anyone have any sugestions on what i should do to it?

11. Krikkit

If anything the PPP makes the ALK more needed, because you've got stiffer springs. Have a read of that whitepaper, it might be a bit clearer what it's for, I'm not good at describing suspension. :p

12. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

@Krikkit & Da_Rude_Baboon - Wow way to go on the subies :thumb: Dunno what I'd do without mine!

13. Krikkit

I don't own one, just lust for the one I pictured above. :D

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

summer tires are back on, hell yeah :D

I had never used an impact wrench before. Quite a cool toy to use !

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Make sure you don't use it on the locking wheel nuts as it wears them and they're a right **** to get off otherwise.

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

hah, yeah I know

The car is still dirty as hell however. I would clean it tomorrow but I have an exam Monday morning and I should rock that exam instead of cleaning the car

17. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

And don't tighten up anything with one; an overtorqued nut is as bad as an undertorqued one.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I finished the job manually, the impact was just to save time and to take off the old nuts from the winter tires

19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

As some of you may know... I have a crappy daily driver to save the Mustang from the rigours of daily life.

My daily was this magnificent beast as some of you may recall.

[​IMG]

Well... I'm pleased.... err... I mean, deeply sorry to announce it's spectacular demise due to a failed big end bearing.

I have just purchased a 2003 Nissan Micra as my daily drive now. Lovely condition... Moss Green, 1.0 litre E but with most of the SX options, including the trip computer thingy.

Will reserve a post after this for pics in case I get carried away and post loads up (you know me when I get a camera in my hands). Too dark to shoot anything now.

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Was gonna post pics here, but it's been lashing it down all day.

Mods delete if necessary.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2010